SUNDAY opening times

surfy_sah

I have posted this topic as I think it will benefit alot of people to know the answer! :D

at c4 (my first event when I was not on the forum as I didn't kbow about it :P)

I was told by a crew member after asking at the SM booth it was Sunday opening times - i.e. 11am-5pm

came at 9am with my ex as we thought it was plenty of time, 2hours early.

however there were already thousands of people there and few if not NO tickets left for people such as HOBBITs, namely Elijah! :lol::P

I know as we have lost alot of the "big" names for c6 that it won't be so busy! :P but I still wanna meet the likes of CARRIE FISHER on Sunday and as I am crewing Sat, can't screw risk screwing it up on Sunday and miss meeting her :lol:

basically, can we have the official word SM please as to what time we will be able to get in on the Sunday and what time the guests will arrive?

this would be really helpful!

thanks SM :lol:

surfy sah xx :unsure:

• Moderators

Not trying to be picky here BUT the opening times do not necessarily make a difference to YOU getting a ticket, it's more about how many other ppl r there ... cuz even tho it may have opened early at C4, people still wudn't have got a ticket cuz there would have still been that many people in front of them :unsure:

Obviously opening times will affect what time u get there but some people will always get there stupidly early anyway :D

Basically, regardless of opening times, get there early ...

• Moderators

Sah, if ur staying at the Travel Lodge, which I think u are ... u can get there as early as u want! So don't be turning up at 9am lol U have no excuses, get there EARLY, be safe, get all u want ... sleep when u get home!!!

I know you think it doesn't make any diff BUT IT DOES!!!

we turned up what we thought was 2hours early, had we known we could have/ should have turned up earlier as it started earlier, we would have done!!!!

I AM gunna get there early!!!! :wub:

just wanna know the times so I can go a few hours before that there's no point turning up at 6am if they don't open till 10am when the party is apparently not finishing till 2am!!!! :uhoh:

thanks anyways

so see you in the TL is it David hehe :D xx

I was thinking about the whole debate that went on about SM opening early on C4 Sunday (& people missing out on Hobbit tickets). What people have said about there still being the same number of people in the queue before you is correct but if you think about it, as people got tickets for one guest & then joined the queue for another, eventually it actually would make a difference that they opened early. Because towards the end of the line, as people joined another queue, the people who could have been there in line (but weren't because they got there at the opening time) may have been in that line in their place, if you see what I mean.

Ok most of the tickets were prob gone then but saying it made no difference is not strictly speaking correct. :o Anyway I don't mind so much because I met Elijah which was my main reason for being there. :lol:

you are misunderstanding me people!

I am not trying to discuss what happened to me at c4, I only put that there to show WHY I NEED to know what time it opens on Sunday and that it's not just a random question of unimportance! :o

and I don't want to meet Billy, as I said in my first point I am after CARRIE FISHER, :o met the lovely Billy at LFACC :lol:;)

you all keep banging on about how many people will be in front of me - the point of me asking what time the centre opens - say it is 10am - means I will try and be there way before that SO THAT THERE AREN'T HUNDRES OF PEOPLE IN FRONT OF ME - duh!!!! ;)

it's all very well of you to say yeah cool turn up at 6am and sleep later well I won't be home till 11pm and I have to work shifts in the hosp all week at stupid times not to mention up early THIS week and to crew/meet people on the previous days, so I would much rather now what time to turn up and actually get some sleep and avoid making myself get pnemonia (sp?) :o

surfy sah xx

• Showmasters Admin

I don't think you'll ever get an answer other than 10am. The offical time on the website, in all ads and in the crew hand book says 10am. So it's 10am.

If for reasons of health and safety (like at C4) they HAVE to open early they will, but they won't know that until Sunday AM. And as it didn't happen at C5 I don't see it happening at C6.

Edited by Too Tall