Signed contracts

hobbitlover

I didn't start the thread because of the wolf thing I asked this question about an month ago I just though this time I would get an answer.

I was going to mention the fact that Billy had to accounce on his website that he had never agreed to appear at C4.

This will have meant that he never did sign an contract so theirfore they accounced him before confirmation. This is one item that everyone knows of.

Maybe this is one reason showmasters still have not answered my question.

I think I may need to talk to them at C6.

As they entered the thread I created I noticed they answered Rowan not me.

I don't want to get upset at them but I feel like they will only answer me if I start to act like Rowan and I'm not that type of person.

to be honest, though, you're similar to rowan - you still refuse to believe that they might be honest.

they have stated they had a contract. yet you say that you don't believe this. why ask, if you won't believe them? and why ask, without giving the whole of the information you have, then demand full information in return?

hypocrisy is not something i like, but this is going too far. and if what i'm saying is offensive to you, i'm sorry - i don't mean it to be. i'm simply stating my thoughts.

They only talked about the 3 hobbits but the whole thing I am getting at is do they accounce before getting signed contracts and at what point do they get them.

Proof was that they never had one with Billy before accounced him and that was on Billy's website his offical one around c4.

I want to know why they don't answer me. That's not so hard to ask most places are proud to say of course we never accounce without signed contracts in our hands.

you could always just wait an extra few days and have an informal conversation with SM at C6. i doubt they have time to respond now as the show starts in just over a week, there is still plenty for them to organise.

i'd also like to add that showmasters HAVE said, on countless occasions, that they only announce guests with a contract.

i'd like, also, to think that a contract is confirmed when negotiations are completed to the satisfaction of both parties, and as soon as possible after this point.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys who are defending SM just stop. If you don't reply to these statements, the people that post them will just sit here talking to themselves.

To those who our asking the questions, I agree with GtB, and I will quote myself again:

If you have a problem with the way SM runs their business talk to them in person about your concerns.

thanks, TT, you posted while i was writing :huh::D

David can you lock this please I will ask showmasters to there face. I want them to explain the Billy thing as well.

i actually can't agree with locking it. i think, if it were left open until after c6, you could possibly also let us know showmaster's response.

i'm curious as well, however, i am quite willing to take their word that they had a contract. i'd still like to know, however, the answer you recieve.

David can you lock this please I will ask showmasters to there face. I want them to explain the Billy thing as well.

i actually can't agree with locking it. i think, if it were left open until after c6, you could possibly also let us know showmaster's response.

i'm curious as well, however, i am quite willing to take their word that they had a contract. i'd still like to know, however, the answer you recieve.

yeah sure keep it open then It might disappear though and people might not notice if I put the responce up but I will ask them.

yeah sure keep it open then It might disappear though and people might not notice if I put the responce up but I will ask them.

i only check the 'new posts' part - so if it goes up within a few days after C6, i'll definately find it. :huh:

I think it would be better if SM answered, since if HobbitLover does post saying they admitted not always having contracts I'm sure people will disbelieve him.

Up to SM though. Yep, they are busy...

can we just FORGET this and let Showmasters get on with organising C6 - its only 9 days away and lots to do yet !!!

• Moderators

IF and WHEN Showmasters have the time to deal with your intrusive questions, rather than organising a show that is happening in little over a week, then I'm SURE they will! Bugging them isn't gonna help to be honest, I wudn't be surprised if it just pissed them off n made them NOT want to answer!

I think it would be better if SM answered, since if HobbitLover does post saying they admitted not always having contracts I'm sure people will disbelieve him.

Up to SM though. Yep, they are busy...

Showmasters did answer about contracts. Did you not read the PS?

P.S. And before you jump on the fact that nowhere there did we say whether we had a written contract with the Hobbits, we would just like to say in words of plain English that anyone can understand . . "Yes we did"!

I understand if you missed this when reading the statement but can I ask when you are so demanding of answers overe here but on the Wolf boards no one is allowed to ask questions at all?

Up to SM though.  Yep, they are busy...

Showmasters did answer about contracts. Did you not read the PS?

P.S. And before you jump on the fact that nowhere there did we say whether we had a written contract with the Hobbits, we would just like to say in words of plain English that anyone can understand . . "Yes we did"!

I understand if you missed this when reading the statement but can I ask when you are so demanding of answers overe here but on the Wolf boards no one is allowed to ask questions at all?

ive asked the same question, and to be honest - wolfers don't see any reason to answer us low, immoral creatures, aww arent they so friendly? :o;):P

Some of us would like to know the answer to a more general question about contracts. Have they always had full, written, signed contracts when they announce guests? And yes, I know they are busy, and I am quite prepared to wait/and/or never get an answer. That's up to Showmasters, but I think it's fair to say that since the question has been raised, if they decline to answer it's going to look bad. Even if I believe them, how many lurkers are going to be wondering why they don't want to answer.

Some of you seem to think that the 'end' of this is me saying I got it all wrong, Showmasters is perfect, etc etc. I think the only way this can ever be fully resolved is if SM and Wolf talk it out, come to agreement, become mates... Not going to happen. So sorry if I can't restore your cosy little world. Bad stuff happens. Showmasters will either answer this question or they won't. So why don't we leave it at that and turn our attention to more positive things now? Please stop looking to me for some kind of support for your own views. Make your own minds up and accept that we are not going to all agree.

• Moderators
Please do stop it, I doubt they are going to sit and post all their business practices on the forum. This is very boring now, the rest of us are looking forward to the fun now.

U mean these things are supposed to be fun? :unsure:

Must have forgotten about that :unsure:

I think it's a real shame that some of you are treating showmasters this way.

They have never let people down, like most of these conventions do, they have always been fair and honest.

The last few months have been a nightmare, people arguing over every little thing.

If you don't like it, don't attend the events. Stop ruining it for everyone else.

The mood on the forum gets worse by the day, it's meant to be a bit of fun.

Who cares about the contracts, we are approaching the 7th show, no one was worried before all this stuff with He who shall not be named.

Lets just get back to having a laugh, and not attacking each other, before I die of boredom.

They have never let people down, like most of these conventions do, they have always been fair and honest.

The last few months have been a nightmare, people arguing over every little thing.

If you don't like it, don't attend the events. Stop ruining it for everyone else.

Who cares about the contracts, we are approaching the 7th show, no one was worried before all this stuff with He who shall not be named.

Lets just get back to having a laugh, and not attacking each other, before I die of boredom.

Bex..not picking as fight..but I have to say that this post, although right in what you say, is a tad hypocritical as you have harped on about everyone else making specific comments and then make one yourself.

I do agree this should move on, and I have said that my joining in has finished, unless comments are directed at me like the one on another thread.

Father Coop....he will be heard!!!

Bex..not picking as fight..but I have to say that this post, although right in what you say, is a tad hypocritical as you have harped on about everyone else making specific comments and then make one yourself.

I do agree this should move on, and I have said that my joining in has finished, unless comments are directed at me like the one on another thread.

OK, thats fine.

Firstly, I have not singled anyone out, and unlike you, I'm not jumping on the 'lets have a go at showmasters bandwagon'

I just find it embarrassing. People think that because they belong to a forum, it gives them the right to poke into showmasters business.

Some flipper (not you Monkeeeee/Father coop) comes on and starts spreading gossip, and making wild accusations, and now everyone is having a go at them.

Don't treat me like some dumb girl, I have 10 GCSE's, 2 A' levels, I have lived and worked in different countries, and despite what you may think, I do know right from wrong. And to me this is VERY wrong.

And if you think I'm a hypocrite, fine, But come say it to my face mate.

OK, thats fine.

Firstly, I have not singled anyone out, and unlike you, I'm not jumping on the 'lets have a go at showmasters bandwagon'

I just find it embarrassing. People think that because they belong to a forum, it gives them the right to poke into showmasters business.

Some flipper (not you Monkeeeee/Father coop) comes on and starts spreading gossip, and making wild accusations, and now everyone is having a go at them.

Don't treat me like some dumb girl, I have 10 GCSE's, 2 A' levels, I have lived and worked in different countries, and despite what you may think, I do know right from wrong. And to me this is VERY wrong.

And if you think I'm a hypocrite, fine, But come say it to my face mate.

Bex

Just want to point out a few things so we know where you and I stand...

1. I have not had a go at Showmasters, but rather asked people to wait until all was explained and only then did I make a stand against people who refused to see what was going on and what had been said in statements by various guests and organisers.

2. I have never thought you dumb (I myself have 12 GCE O-Levels, 4 A-Levels and a degree and know how hard education is) and my only beef with you was you called me a perv (something, for personal reasons I will not post on here, upsets me.)

I only found the post you made that I quoted as slightly hypocritical as your stand had been to tell people to stop arguing etc etc

And, I would also say this to your face as I always back up what I post or say to the person's face.

I think you are a nice person, so far as what I have got to know about you, and a great addiition to this board.

I hope we can draw a line under this as I do not wish to fall out with you.

Father Coop..the poster formerly known as Monkee with 2 e's!!!