Signed contracts

hobbitlover

i wont tell you what i see, coz it is'nt a sense of humor!

Good Call !!!

I cant believe this is still going on !

What i do find funny is how much time Rowan has on his/her hands.

Seriosuly... 120 or so posts all looking for something to gain some tiny piece of smugness from a situation where they have been basically done out of £100

If you were to get mugged, i bet you're the sort of person who'd blame the police for not getting there quick enough. Ignore the bastards that robbed you

He/she is a troll. This is what they do. Go to message boards, stir up trouble and then dissapear until something else comes up they can stir again. You unfortunately get them on all message boards and short of banning them the only thing we can do is ignore them.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i wont tell you what i see, coz it is'nt a sense of humor!

Good Call !!!

I cant believe this is still going on !

What i do find funny is how much time Rowan has on his/her hands.

Seriosuly... 120 or so posts all looking for something to gain some tiny piece of smugness from a situation where they have been basically done out of £100

If you were to get mugged, i bet you're the sort of person who'd blame the police for not getting there quick enough. Ignore the bastards that robbed you

LMAO :rolleyes: That very true of these types of people :lol:

Ok. This will be my final word on the subject. Yeah its great forum for being able to air our views. But for goodness sake will people stop coming on here and slagging off SM,Wolf,L3 or whoever, because isn't this supposed to be a forum for intelligent conversation? Well the only reason I'd like to see this thread closed is cause its getting tired. People have made mistakes,omissions or just ranted on about whose right and who isn't. If you don't like Wolf then fair enough. If you don't like Showmasters, then fair enough, but for goodness sake stop bleating on about it, I am going to both events and intend to enjoy both. I am also a member of both forums and well frankly I wish someone would call a truce. Come on lets talk about something that's not past its sell by date.

Some of you guys really want to hear from me don't you. :rolleyes:

OK, someone way back said something like it was unfair of me to be nasty to Showmasters like this when they'd been nice to me yesterday. Well, to that person, you have a point. Showmasters have been nice to me and it was a bit mean of me to make my amusement so clear. So sorry for that.

Thinking about it, I was crowing more because of some of you Showmasters fans than at Showmasters.

For a while before the Statements came out we had 'heavy' discussions going on here. Once the statements came out a lot of people here felt they'd 'won' and suddenly there was an influx on the Wolf boards. Suddenly there were people sticking their necks out and going over there who'd only been posting on here until they felt the fight had been won. To me that smacked of 'crowing' whatever the content of their posts (and I'm sure that some at least didn't mean it that way). People over there were feeling hurt and let down by Chris and/or Wolf.

I was feeling emotionally raw, ready to throw up my hands and laugh at the whole thing... and the oportunity for a laugh arose. Read back and I did say before SM's posted that I wasn't sure I should believe it about the hobbits. But yep, I was very happy to have a laugh and let some of those folks who've been over at the Wolf boards crowing know about it.

So, currently, I do still think it would be a good idea if Showmasters answered the contract questions. Seems I'm not the only one asking. But I don't really care that much if they do or don't. My original motivation in getting involved in this whole thing was that I didn't want Chris to let down the fans he's told he's coming to Wolf. I've lost that battle. Maybe it was lost before I even started.

As for the rest: no I don't think it's really resolved. If it was Showmasters and Wolf would be making freinds now. They aren't are they? I wish they were, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. It would be nice if it all turned out to be some kind of misunderstanding, but it doesn't look like it's ever going to 'turn out ok'. We all have to live with that in our own ways.

Look at the end of the day, the relationship between each of the organisers isn't any of our business, so we may as well leave them to whatever they want to do and not get drawn in.

We're fans, what should matter is that we have a good time at events and meet guests we admire. Not fighting for organisers.

Rowan yes I saw your posts over at the Wolf board, and you crowed away, fair enough, but don't expect respect shown to you when you behave like that. I don't have a problem with you myself, in cases you have posted intelligent opinions and those I respect.

I think this is all being dragged on by silly people now and really we should all have better things to do with our time. If eastenders was better I'd be watching that.

Now if everyone really needs an answer from SM that badly I suggest they ring them and then get it over with and either go back to a different board or gracefully introduce themselves and start making some friends over here.

Oh heck, I'm missing Changing Rooms!

And no I don't need an answer THAT badly, just think it would be a good idea for SM's to give one.

Bye for now!

Uggh at the lime green room!

And to add to that, wtf are they sticking floor tiles on the wall with a staple gun, thats almost as bizarre as the person who carpeted the side of my bathtub before I moved in.

Ugh, why did I decide to read this post?! I just get upset...and then I have to post. :P

It doesn't matter to me if SM makes the same mistake as Wolf did. I don't hate Wolf, nor will I hate Chris Judge or SM or anyone!

What matters to me as a guest at a convention is: am I getting enough for my money?

If there is a guest who I desperately want to see, I WILL make sure that he/she has written a contract before I book my tickets.

Not really realistic or possible...but that's how I would like it to be.

It would make things so much easier for all us fans.

And to add to that, wtf are they sticking floor tiles on the wall with a staple gun, thats almost as bizarre as the person who carpeted the side of my bathtub before I moved in.

The inside? :lol:

:yoda: nah, my bum would get all scratched! It was awful though, orange furry stuff all over the sidepanels, took me ages to scrape it off, I swear they used a flipping pritt stick to put it on.

I didn't start the thread because of the wolf thing I asked this question about an month ago I just though this time I would get an answer.

I was going to mention the fact that Billy had to accounce on his website that he had never agreed to appear at C4.

This will have meant that he never did sign an contract so theirfore they accounced him before confirmation. This is one item that everyone knows of.

Maybe this is one reason showmasters still have not answered my question.

I think I may need to talk to them at C6.

As they entered the thread I created I noticed they answered Rowan not me.

I don't want to get upset at them but I feel like they will only answer me if I start to act like Rowan and I'm not that type of person.

I didn't start the thread because of the wolf thing I asked this question about an month ago I just though this time I would get an answer.

I was going to mention the fact that Billy had to accounce on his website that he had never agreed to appear at C4.

This will have meant that he never did sign an contract so theirfore they accounced him before confirmation. This is one item that everyone knows of.

I don't want to get upset at them but I feel like they will only answer me if I start to act like Rowan and I'm not that type of person.

to be honest, though, you're similar to rowan - you still refuse to believe that they might be honest.

they have stated they had a contract. yet you say that you don't believe this. why ask, if you won't believe them? and why ask, without giving the whole of the information you have, then demand full information in return?

hypocrisy is not something i like, but this is going too far. and if what i'm saying is offensive to you, i'm sorry - i don't mean it to be. i'm simply stating my thoughts.

to be honest, though, you're similar to rowan - you still refuse to believe that they might be honest.

they have stated they had a contract. yet you say that you don't believe this. why ask, if you won't believe them? and why ask, without giving the whole of the information you have, then demand full information in return?

hypocrisy is not something i like, but this is going too far. and if what i'm saying is offensive to you, i'm sorry - i don't mean it to be. i'm simply stating my thoughts.

They only talked about the 3 hobbits but the whole thing I am getting at is do they accounce before getting signed contracts and at what point do they get them.

Proof was that they never had one with Billy before accounced him and that was on Billy's website his offical one around c4.

I want to know why they don't answer me. That's not so hard to ask most places are proud to say of course we never accounce without signed contracts in our hands.

They only talked about the 3 hobbits but the whole thing I am getting at is do they accounce before getting signed contracts and at what point do they get them.

Proof was that they never had one with Billy before accounced him and that was on Billy's website his offical one around c4.

I want to know why they don't answer me. That's not so hard to ask most places are proud to say of course we never accounce without signed contracts in our hands.

you could always just wait an extra few days and have an informal conversation with SM at C6. i doubt they have time to respond now as the show starts in just over a week, there is still plenty for them to organise.

• Showmasters Admin

Guys who are defending SM just stop. If you don't reply to these statements, the people that post them will just sit here talking to themselves.

To those who our asking the questions, I agree with GtB, and I will quote myself again:

If you have a problem with the way SM runs their business talk to them in person about your concerns.