Responses to Statements in Here Please

showmasters

• Moderators

I don't understand why on both Wolf and London forums, they just lock the threads and aren't willing to say anything else about it now :angel: And I'm SURE unless I'm going mad that there was a separate Statement Thread on the Wolf board and now I can't find it!

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't say you'll never go back to showmasters, because you don't know what guest they may get to change your mind.

Just to be clear, I didn't say that. I said that I enjoyed the last event and was considering going to the next. It would be helpful if you didn't quote me and reply to someone else in the same post without any distinction between the two, as it implies I said something when in fact, I said the exact reverse.

I, and a number of other posters, have said we are disappointed in Wolf and Chris Judge but do not blame LFCC. The reason I am saying it here is simply because this is where Chris chose to post his statement, so I consider this the appropriate place to respond.

apologies for the confusion, but just to clarify - the entire post was aimed at everyone who continues to say that showmasters are wrong, chris was committed, et cetera et cetera. just so happened that yours was quoted - and if you notice, i only quoted the relevant part.

please note, chris did not PERSONALLY post the statement - he sent it to showmasters who scanned it on. to say he did NOT send it to wolf is impossible - unless you personally know for cerain, which, if you do, you should clarify this and clarify how you know it.

i'm not trying to have a go, i just want all this fighting to stop.

Good luck replying to ANYTHING over there as they keep closing the relevant threads.

It is quite sad that as someone who is actually attending their convention I am having to come over here to discuss it ...not that coming over here is a hardship in the slightest *g*

And just to add I went over there to ask WHY they advertised a guest they didn't have a contract with to find it had already been asked several times. Wolf had every time completely avoided the issue replying the final time 'let's just move on'. I find this so rude. The least they could do is explain what happened and apologise rather than skirting around the issue. And I can't even go over there and discuss it as people just keep saying move on or will accuse me of stirring up trouble again.

If Wolf actually explained anything then maybe we could all move on!

Yeah I noticed every third comment was wait until admin make a statement.

Well feel free to come and discuss here, we're not a bad bunch, apart from random smut and stuff that certain people keep introducing.

noticed more than i did - i could barely concentrate on the text cuz the whole colour scheme just blends so well together - grey, grey, and more grey!!! :P;):angel::D

And the smileys sucked :P:D

those i only noticed because they looked so out of place - i'm gonna have to go back if i wanna actually see what they were!!! :P:D

I don't understand why on both Wolf and London forums, they just lock the threads and aren't willing to say anything else about it now :angel: And I'm SURE unless I'm going mad that there was a separate Statement Thread on the Wolf board and now I can't find it!

The statement is the (now locked) 'SG8' thread started by Admin.

• Moderators
I don't understand why on both Wolf and London forums, they just lock the threads and aren't willing to say anything else about it now  :P And I'm SURE unless I'm going mad that there was a separate Statement Thread on the Wolf board and now I can't find it!

Ah ok, thanks, would have been clearer if they'd left the statement as an individual thing tho ... unless they don't want people to find it :angel:

I don't understand why on both Wolf and London forums, they just lock the threads and aren't willing to say anything else about it now  :huh: And I'm SURE unless I'm going mad that there was a separate Statement Thread on the Wolf board and now I can't find it!

Ah ok, thanks, would have been clearer if they'd left the statement as an individual thing tho ... unless they don't want people to find it :rolleyes:

thankies for that, charlie, and i notice their admin hasn't provided a reason for the blockade on that particular thread, it's just shut. interesting. can't be arsed to read it all, but perhaps ppl are actually beginning to question them? :rolleyes:

well fair play if they are!!! :D :D :D :D

don't say you'll never go back to showmasters, because you don't know what guest they may get to change your mind.

Just to be clear, I didn't say that. I said that I enjoyed the last event and was considering going to the next. It would be helpful if you didn't quote me and reply to someone else in the same post without any distinction between the two, as it implies I said something when in fact, I said the exact reverse.

I, and a number of other posters, have said we are disappointed in Wolf and Chris Judge but do not blame LFCC. The reason I am saying it here is simply because this is where Chris chose to post his statement, so I consider this the appropriate place to respond.

apologies for the confusion, but just to clarify - the entire post was aimed at everyone who continues to say that showmasters are wrong, chris was committed, et cetera et cetera. just so happened that yours was quoted - and if you notice, i only quoted the relevant part.

please note, chris did not PERSONALLY post the statement - he sent it to showmasters who scanned it on. to say he did NOT send it to wolf is impossible - unless you personally know for cerain, which, if you do, you should clarify this and clarify how you know it.

i'm not trying to have a go, i just want all this fighting to stop.

Thanks for that, Gandalf the Black. I just didn't want to seem to be attacking LFCC.

You have a fair point - I don't know for sure if Chris sent a statement to Wolf. I think he should have, but you are right that for all I know he did, and they didn't put it up. But we're both guessing here, aren't we?

I can see by your post that you are not having a go, so no problems there :rolleyes:

The sad thing about the arguments on this board is that we are all fans of Chris Judge, so we're all on the same side really. Some people feel he deserves the benefit of the doubt, and some people feel he ought to explain himself better. But I'm sure we can all agree that the only reason anyone is upset is because everyone wants to see him - so in a funny way, even those of us who are annoyed with him right now are paying him a backhanded compliment.

Chris is a good guy, but he's human. On this occasion, I think he behaved badly. But I recognise that the people who disagree with me, or want to defend Chris are acting from the very best motives. So no hard feelings, even to those who think I'm full of it!

And all due credit to LFCC for allowing free speech on their board. Those with nothing to hide have nothing to fear, right? Good on you.

Ahhh...fed and watered...now where do I look...

Smut..who started that..me thinks they must come to confession tonight!!!

As I mentioned earlier, eh eh ehhhh are locking threads as soon as people stop praising them and slating Showmasters. I am not a Showmasters Pom Pom Supporter as I choose to go where I want to and if I can get in (being a Holy Man helps getting in!!! :rolleyes: )

The more and more they do this and refuse to address the situation the more it shouts out to me that treatment they may have dealt out to Chris was not professional. It is well known amongst Stargate fans that there is a huge chemistry between Shanks and Judge when together. When Chris found out he was nto invited to SG8 and INVITED HIMSELF so to speak, what could eh eh ehhhh do but agree. They would have looked stupid otherwise.

Why wait so long to get a contract to someone and then say he was committed?

For all I know Chris may have been mucked around with his fee and then this all became public. Wolf are advertising events SG9 and SG10 with the latter being called THE END. Could it be that eh eh ehhhh has p*ssed off Stargate cast?

But I can ask these questions all day long and we can all answer them in our unique way.

But, and this is a huge J-Lo sized but !!! , until eh eh ehhhh address the situation direct then they will continue to look bad.

Look at it this way, Chris Judge is all set to attend SG8 and the dates change due to shooting. Some 8 weeks before the event he still has no contract and his situation has changed and travelling limited. He goes to the event organiser to try and sort things out. He comes away with no solution and no contract. He is asked by his agent if he wishes to replace Amanda Tapping at an evet in October (C6), but cannot due to the same reason as Amanda. He then asks his agent if they have any other dates before the end of the year. His agent says they have one on the same weekend as SG8.

Chris sits down and sees two options....

1. Go to SG8 without any security of a contract even thought he organiser has been advertising him. He does not even know if it will happen as he still has no contract.

HE ONLY HAS THE WORD OF THE ORGANISER!!!!

2. He has a contract in front of him for an event in the same city at the same time with guarantees he will be able to meet his fans.

Chris mulls things over as he has been a regular with eh eh ehhhh, but for some reason he has no contract.

Chris makes his solution giving decision and opts for the guaranteed event that he can see his fans at as he has a contract!!!!

You do the maths and see that Chris thought of his fans!!!!

Father Coop....a holy man with a plan!!!

I am shocked and very shocked at the fact people ar eopenly criticising Micheal Shanks for possibly putting his wife and new born child ahead of a convention.

Do these people have no hearts!!!

That is it...any slight chace of me going to the Alias convention has now gone.

For once I am now p*ssed off!!!

Father Coop....one holy man you don't get angry!!!

This all seems to be getting out of hand, the bottom line here is that Chritopher Judge will no longer be attending the wolf event show, regardless of the fact that the date was changed, i would imagine that hw would have told about this, common sense would say this.

I have read all of the posts and can only see one outcome, if christopher jusge or anyone else for that matter is due to go to an event in the uk and then another event announces him, then there is something wrong.

After reading the wolf boards and all of the postings on here, it is not hard to put 2 and 2 together, the points I see are as follows,

1, Christopher Judge is announced to be at one event in the uk.

2, He is seen by hundreds of fans saying that he will be at that event

3, He is advertised as being at that event.

4, Then another event then announces him.

Who is in the wrong here?

1, The original event who has many people agreeing that christopher judge agreed to attend the original event in person

2, The organiser of the orignal event has worked with him many times and considered him for what i can see as a friend as well as guest of the event, took his word that that he would be there.

3, The guest is then approached to attend another event in the uk the exact same weekend as the original event when the agent knows full well that he is due to attend another event the same weekend, is this ethical?

4, The organiser of the second event is fully aware that the guest is announced for the first event and still decides to go ahead and put an offer in to the guest, is that ethical?

For me personally looking at it from all sides, all I can see is that the agent was wrong to approach the guest and make an offer which must have come from the 2 nd organiser, other wise there would be no offer would there? The 2nd organiser is completely wrong to have accepted the orignal offer if nothing else common decency. So in all an only see that showmasters is in the wrong, but I am sure many people who are loyal to showmasters will not agree with me, as they cannot see the bigger picture

• Moderators

In the end - CONVENTIONS AND SHOWS ARE A BUSINESS - don't EVER run a show or convention based on friendships!

OK, think about this situation:

Showmasters have, say, 30 "celebrity" friends and don't sign ANY of them to contracts because yeah, they're friends, and they'll turn up, so there's no need to do business the PROPER way, right?

They all get advertised because, of course, they'll turn up because they're friends!

So, the show comes along and ... NO ONE TURNS UP! Why? Because they don't have to!

Fans would be disappointed as they'd have booked travel etc ...

Now while that's on a MASSIVE scale and nothing rediculous like that would ever happen, it illustrates the point that going on friendship and "verbal" contracts is just BAD BUSINESS SENSE regardless of how much u trust someone! :rolleyes:

I am neither loyal to Showmasters nor Wolf but how can Showmasters be in the wrong if Chris NEVER had a contract with Wolf? You can't poach someone who is already commited. At the end of the day if Wolf had of done their job and got Chris to sign a contract then none of this would have happened. Showmasters may or may not have approached him and he would have said 'sorry mate I am already doing one'. You can feel betrayed by Chris if you want, you can question the ethics of Showmasters for accepting a guest they knew would cause a whole heap of trouble and would dissapoint fans but you can't really lay the blame at Showmasters feet for Wolfs professional short comings.

You cheeky sod!  :o  How dare you be so disparaging towards Ron Perlman, you young whippersnapper!  :P I don't know.  Going to have to put you across my knee and spank you, I think...   :rolleyes:  :P  :P Seriously, sure - he's not classically handsome, but he's got that certain something that many bland hearthrobs would kill for.  ;)

:lol: I do apologise :P

*snuggles David* :wub: Gerroffoutof it! :lol: No need to apologise, mate - you're a naughty boy and I like that about you... :lol: Disappointed about the spanking, though... :lol:

well said theprofessionals it is just not right for the agant to approch a guest that has been announced for a different event

Did you actually read Julie or Chris' statements?

'Christoher Judge was given the opportunity to replace Amanda Tapping for the Collectormania show in Milton Keynes, October 1-3, 2004, and when filming precluded that date, he asked me if there were other shows before the end of the year. I responded that there were and asked Jason Joiner if he would be interested in having Christopher Judge at his November show. Jason said yes, under the same terms that I had already negotiated for a future date with Collectormania in 2005'

She didn't approach Chris about LFCC, HE asked her if there were any other events before the end of the year. She just told him about LFCC. What was she supposed to do - lie to her client?

Once CHRIS had decided what HE wanted to do Julie approached Showmasters.

There was no 'poaching' done by either Julie or Showmasters.

Is anyone actually reading these statements or are you (not you in particular) just being delibeately dense!

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

I have spent like 2hours bloody trying to read all this stuff! I was away froom the forum for like 2 and half hours (you don't some times get this amount of posts in a WEEK when it's quiet after shows!!! :P ) but have finally made it to the end! (though won't be surprised if there's another post to read the time I post this one!!)

anyways

FATHER COOP - great idea!! (see post saying "Chris sits down and sees two options....")

seems quite logical to me!!!

after all didn't the statements say CHRIS APPROACHED SM?!?!

good on SM for allowing us to keep talking, think that's the best thing, else people would remain pi$$ed off and frustrated and wouldn't be able to talk about it! :lol:

the fact Wolf have stopped such posts suggets they are hiding something to me, SM have been very open

though a possible counter point COULD be that atleast the wolf admin are active on their boards.... mind you SM are prob too busy with c6 and LFAC2!! :rolleyes:

as it has been said atleast Chris is doing AN event!!

ummm yeah can't mem what else I wanted to comment on, too many posts! :P:P

surfy sah xx :P

ps-this is also good!!!

DavidB6937

Oh and, did anyone consider that Chris might be slightly p*ssed off with Wolf for advertising him when he hadn't signed a contract? I don't care about what he "said" ... at least other organisers don't ANNOUNCE ppl before they've signed because they know stuff like this can happen! Wolf have obtained money from fans without any SOLID contract between them and Chris. I don't think that's fair.

This all seems to be getting out of hand, the bottom line here is that Chritopher Judge will no longer be attending the wolf event show, regardless of the fact that the date was changed, i would imagine that hw would have told about this, common sense would say this.

I have read all of the posts and can only see one outcome, if christopher jusge or anyone else for that matter is due to go to an event in the uk and then another event announces him, then there is something wrong.

After reading the wolf boards and all of the postings on here, it is not hard to put 2 and 2 together, the points I see are as follows,

1, Christopher Judge is announced to be at one event in the uk.

2, He is seen by hundreds of fans saying that he will be at that event

3, He is advertised as being at that event.

4, Then another event then announces him.

Who is in the wrong here?

1, The original event who has many people agreeing that christopher judge agreed to attend the original event in person

2, The organiser of the orignal event has worked with him many times and considered him for what i can see as a friend as well as guest of the event, took his word that that he would be there.

3, The guest is then approached to attend another event in the uk the exact same weekend as the original event when the agent knows full well that he is due to attend another event the same weekend, is this ethical?

4, The organiser of the second event is fully aware that the guest is announced for the first event and still decides to go ahead and put an offer in to the guest, is that ethical?

For me personally looking at it from all sides, all I can see is that the agent was wrong to approach the guest and make an offer which must have come from the 2 nd organiser, other wise there would be no offer would there? The 2nd organiser is completely wrong to have accepted the orignal offer if nothing else common decency. So in all an only see that showmasters is in the wrong, but I am sure many people who are loyal to showmasters will not agree with me, as they cannot see the bigger picture

i'm sorry, but regardless of loyalty to showmasters i feel you are inaccurate. chris' own agent has a statement here saying that she offered an alternative date directly to chris, and did not negotiate it with showmasters until AFTER chris had stated he would consider it.

chris was being advertised falsely (i.e. without legal contractual binding) as being a guest - and indeed, wolf have implied on their boards that he has signed a contract - this is a blatant lie. to advertise chris - and still not have a contract offered at this date, though he made clear interest in attending - could even suggest a lack of interest in having him there. as a result (and as someone above said) he is simply attending the show which has offered him a solid contract - he is not attending on a verbal agreement, which could result in him being told an hour before he's due to appear "clear off, we don't want you."

Showmasters accepted the offer and provided a contract - possibly in the knowledge that a solid contract in front of chris, as opposed to a verbal agreement, would make the difference. also, they have always made clear that guests are not being advertised without a solid, defined contract. there is an obviously higher degree of rofessionalism here than that of wolf.

• Showmasters Admin

We feel at this point we need to categorically state that Christopher Judge had already decided not to attend SG8. It was only after this point that were we offered Chris as a guest to attend LFCC.

His attendance at the other event was discussed between ourselves and his management and it was clear he was not attending the UK tour. It was only at that point and after it was clearly stated that he was not attending any other event did we decide to book him for our show.

We have nothing to hide. We still find it amazing and incredibly unfair to the fans that eh eh ehhhh still haven't posted Chris' statement and Julie Caitlin Brown's statement regarding Chris and Michael's attendance at SG8 on their forum. We do believe in freedom of speech as we have nothing to hide.

We are sorry if this has upset any of the fans but we have been clear and honest throughout this whole affair. I do believe, though, that in time the whole truth will come out. These threads will not be deleted and will still be on our site for you to re-read and make your own decisions. Then you will then see our integrity.

Thank you for making that clear, showmasters. As one of the people who paid for SG-8, I wish I could get as much information from Wolf. I am in no doubt about your integrity, and feel that your behaviour throughout this issue shows you are acting in good faith.

I also accept that Julie Caitlin-Brown did not "poach" Chris, although I consider that point irrelevant anyway - it's her job as an agent to take care of her clients.

When Teryl Rothery pulled out of Wolf 10th Anniversary she sent her apologies and offered a clear explanation. I would like to see Chris Judge do the same. It's true that it is his decision what event to attend, but I would have expected him to care a bit more about the people he disappointed. If there is a better explanation I'd love to hear it, not least because it pains me to think ill of Chris. However, his excuse about wanting to see the most fans ignores all the people he let down, and it reads as pretty rude to us all. I don't think he intended it to be, but I would have liked to see him show a little concern for the people who have supported him since the start of him coming to cons in the UK.

However, none of this is in any way your fault and I wish you all the best for LFCC.

On another relalted note, I see that you say there is no vendetta against eh eh ehhhh or anyone to do with them, can you then tell me why they have posted the following on the message board?

-----

"To make a point look at this situation:

Would you think that is ok to go and buy for instance your own personal name on the internet, for most people this would not be a problem, unless of course another person of the same name had registered it first, then that would be ok.

How would you feel and how petty do you think it is that some one else namely the other organiser has gone out and maliciously purchased your name on the internet under .com and .co.uk would this not point to something that could be construed as malicious and petty? Or #### right stupid?

This is just one of many things that have been going on behind the scenes for quite some time!

Again it is for you personally to make your mind up what has gone here, but we are very clear."

-----

I took the time to actually look at the registrar for web names and they are being truthful, as the surname of the person who has registered the other events organisers name has the same surname as mark who co runs the showmasters events, also the address is the same as showmasters, I also checked the other name that was mentioned in the showmasters posting and again showmasters has registered that persons name also on .co.uk and .com I have posted the relevant information below

Domain Name:

bryancooney.com

Whois Record:

Registrar: TUCOWS, INC.

Whois Server: whois.opensrs.net

Registrant:

Macannex Ltd

2 Waterside

Peartree Bridge

Milton Keynes, Bucks MK6 3DG

GB

Domain name: BRYANCOONEY.COM

Administrative Contact:

Woollard, Andrew andy.woollard@macannex.co.uk

2 Waterside

Peartree Bridge

GB

+441908394036

Technical Contact:

Woollard, Andrew andy.woollard@macannex.co.uk

2 Waterside

Peartree Bridge

GB

+441908394036

Registration Service Provider:

UK Reg, domains@fasthosts.co.uk

+44 1452 541252

+44 1452 538485 (fax)

http://www.ukreg.com/

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.

Record last updated on 19-May-2004.

Record expires on 16-Aug-2005.

Record created on 16-Aug-2003.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.LIVEDNS.CO.UK

NS2.LIVEDNS.CO.UK

Domain status:

ACTIVE

No wSM what do you have to say about that? What possible reason would you have to to buy there names on the internet?

I look forward to your answer