New Treks Guests

zebredy

Is it my imagination or is the trek section getting smaller. I thought there were a lot more posts then this on the first trek page - are they trying to secretly get rid of this section or what :firedevil:

well at least they have announced some cool trek guests, although I have seen some of them before, suppose most of us have. :firedevil:

LLAP

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it my imagination or is the trek section getting smaller. I thought there were a lot more posts then this on the first trek page - are they trying to secretly get rid of this section or what ;).....

hehehe! some one asked this in the SG section before!

you need to change the time from "in the last 30days" to "from the beginning" or something and resurrect those old topics but posting pOsTiNg and POSTING!!! :wub::wub:

Admiral Bear I feel I owe you a few replies!

(not sure if some of these posts have been deleted, I could have sworn that we had mentioned guests and where they were going to be going... :wub::blink: ) lucky that you live in ESSEX anyways! unfortunately I live 4/5hours from MK in the opposite direction, little place called SWANSEA! so can't meet you know who :(

THANKYOU though for mentioning it, I would like to be kept up to date please, everyone!

feel free to email me or add me to your msn, anyone!

LL&P :D

Luv surfy sah xx

There are loads of things happening that involve guests. I dont think any of them are happening till end of august onwoods.

Luckily for people like myself and Admeral_Bear (ow and maybe others) these events are very near where we live as most of them are either in London, Basildon or Milton Keynes. The only other ones that I now make an effort to go to are in Bournemouth and Lester.There really the only ones I have to travel along way for.

Even with all that I have mentioned above there are still more out there which I haven't mentioned. Part of me just thinks that there are to many events going on around the same time, as I find it hard to decide which ones I need to save what money for. Oh and which ones to go to.

Hope thats of any help to you, if you want to know more I would be glad to help. :wacko:

LLAP :blush:

Edited by showmasters

Where do you come from then martine as I didn't see you at basildon. Didn't know you lived in Essex too.

Admiral_Bear do you have an email address because there is something I would like to send you, that you might be interested in. If thats ok. :blush:

LLAP

Edited by zebredy

Where do you come from then martine as I didn't see you at basildon. Didn't know you lived in Essex too.

Admiral_Bear do you have an email address because there is something I would like to send you, that you might be interested in. If thats ok. ;)

LLAP

admiralbear@aol.com :angry:

Respect

Admiral Bear

Edited by showmasters

You might want to try out http://sgcuk.com/essex.htm its the website for a group off people who meet in essex who all like star trek. I'll email you with more info admiral_bear. (Either you already know about it or the web site will tell you all you need to know), but I'll email you more info anyway.

If your not interested its no bother to me. :D

LLAP

• Showmasters Admin
Is it my imagination or is the trek section getting smaller. I thought there were a lot more posts then this on the first trek page - are they trying to secretly get rid of this section or what :wub:

well at least they have announced some cool trek guests, although I have seen some of them before, suppose most of us have. :lol:

LLAP

Old threads are automatically archived and tend to disappear off the page, but they aren't deleted totally. If you change your settings to 90 days or all posts it will bring them back up again.

We only tend to edit or delete posts or threads which are abusive or threatening, contain too much swearing, or talk about other non Showmaters events and their guests :D

Andrea

Is there any point in posting here any longer?

All my posts have either been edited or totally removed, all beacuse I said that I'd met a few guests at another event.

The posts on here hardly make any sense now that Showmasters have wrecked them.

I'm going over to talk to people from here on MSN now. Miscrosoft doesn't seem to have problem with freedom of speech.

So, Sufy, Colonel, Zebredy and all others, you know where to find me.

My MSN addy is riker@quarksbar.com

Respect and goodbye cos I ain't coming back!

Admiral Bear

Edited by Admiral_Bear

SM I honestly respect the fact you don't want us mentioning other events or publicising them but there's only a few of us on here and they already know about them all anyway except me and I can't go cause I live in the opposite end of the country!!! :lol:

course I would rather you got the ST guests :D we want to meet SM instead of travelling around as I'm coming to c6 anyways and it would save lots of money!!!!! :D but, to be fair to you guys, we as Trek fans can't expect you to get all the Trek guests we want, other fans have wants as well! ;):P:lol::lol: (ok and there aren't HP/LOTR etc smilies!!!!)

you can't *really* define a store signing as an event!! ;) and it's not like we have written it on like the c6 board for everyone to see, not many people come on the Trek board!! :P

yeah, so, sorry for like going off topic kinda thing but we only want to be able to meet up with fellow Trek fans - no harm or advertising intended! :D

surfy sah xx

Is it my imagination or is the trek section getting smaller. I thought there were a lot more posts then this on the first trek page - are they trying to secretly get rid of this section or what :D

well at least they have announced some cool trek guests, although I have seen some of them before, suppose most of us have. :P

LLAP

err...

i've never met any star trek peeps before!!

lookin forward to marina sirtis i must say!!!!

:lol::D:lol::lol:

• Showmasters Admin

All my posts have either been edited or totally removed, all beacuse I said that I'd met a few guests at another event.

I'm going over to talk to people from here on MSN now. Miscrosoft doesn't seem to have problem with freedom of speech.

Admiral Bear

Hi,

I'm sorry you feel that way, but those are the rules of this forum and I don't think anyone would feel it is fair to have one set of rules for Star Trek fans and another for everyone else.

There are a multitude of reasons why we do not allow cross promotion of any other events on this board, and if you check you will find that the same rules apply for the forums of many other organisers and events (just try posting a link to our collectormania website on their forums and see what happens!). We have no problems with you passing on the information to our other forum members by MSN, e-mail, etc if they are happy to give you their contact details, but I'm afraid that we simply cannot allow you to post the information here.

Andrea

Admiral Bear

Hi,

I'm sorry you feel that way, but those are the rules of this forum and I don't think anyone would feel it is fair to have one set of rules for Star Trek fans and another for everyone else.

There are a multitude of reasons why we do not allow cross promotion of any other events on this board, and if you check you will find that the same rules apply for the forums of many other organisers and events (just try posting a link to our collectormania website on their forums and see what happens!). We have no problems with you passing on the information to our other forum members by MSN, e-mail, etc if they are happy to give you their contact details, but I'm afraid that we simply cannot allow you to post the information here.

Andrea

I understand your stance on this and just because the other events forums do the same, doesn't necessarily mean that you have to follow suit..

Personally, I find it a bit of a pain having to log onto different forums just to discuss their events and even repeat issues.

I firmly believe that the one event organiser who breaks this tradition will ultimately benefit. If this forum became the definitive forum to discuss OUR hobby (attending events such as yours, meeting actors and collecting autographs) then it will attract more fans to your site and perhaps increase the publicity for Showmasters events..

Finally, a small point.. Is discussing past non Showmasters events, really advertising?? They are part of history.. Though I understand that discussing future events do promote them (depending on what is being said.. not all discussion is complementary)

Thought I would give people a heads up this time.

At the next NEC event they will have Nicole de Boer attending (Ezri Dax), I havent met her before so she is a must, guess I will have to think about buying that digital camera a little earlier than I had planned hehe

Thanks for surfy_sah will be glad to hear that and so am I. But, she'll be down this way end of August, so lucky for me I only have to travel 20mins up the road for that. :D

LLAP :yoda:

Edited by zebredy

thanks Colonel! funny was only on the webiste the other day, gunna have a look at the that in a mo but not sure it warrants attending just for her, like I said before entrance fee is a bit steep and there's no where to eat or anything in that locale!!!! :lol:

Zeb ooow I envy you SO much! nothing ever happends my way any more :D:lol:

guys though please be careful, spesh as we have just had a warning from SM with concerns to deleting posts that talk about other events :lol::D

surfy sah xx :lol:

yer I will take that warning into consideration surfy_sah

I would hate to loose anyone else as we have just lost Admiral_Bear and I dont see emotionvapire around here anymore either.

If you ever want to leave me a message my email is ten1uk@msn.com. :unsure:

"Are you from outer space?"

"No I'm from Iowa. I just work in outer space."

Gillian and Kirk, Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home

are you guys just willing for SM to come along and delete all the posts and possibly ban members of the forum?!

they have already asked us not to say about guest appearences and some of us are still doing it!!!!!!! :firedevil:

surfy sah xx

Actually I said I had posted on the trek forum, should pay attention more :o

Also, Showmasters asked us not to post about other events, well I havent said anything about what time it is happening or where apart from the name of the city, there are alot of shops in swindon and if you want to know more asking the signing then email me and I will tell you, I wouldnt have thought this is a problem but if it is I will remove all my threads.

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill

Actually I said I had posted on the trek forum, should pay attention more :P

Also, Showmasters asked us not to post about other events, well I havent said anything about what time it is happening or where apart from the name of the city, there are alot of shops in swindon and if you want to know more asking the signing then email me and I will tell you, I wouldnt have thought this is a problem but if it is I will remove all my threads.

No need.. if its a problem, Showmasters will do it for you!!!! :D

Hmm just hope thay dont delete any of my posts hope I didnt say anything to upset SMs

Changing the subject a little I know that most/all of you are going to collectormania but is anyone here going to LFACC - they have got some good trek guests this time as have been mentioned above.

LLAP :unsure:

Yep I will be going to LFCC2, have always planned to go every since it was announced it was going to have an Aliens Cast/Crew Reunion.

I've got to admit I never really got into Aliens. But the reunion should be good - just wish they did a trek one, but we know thats never gona happen :o:o

LLAP :o