New Treks Guests

zebredy

So what does everyone think of the new trek guests that have been announced. Who are you glad they have got and why. Or who do you hope they get.

I haven't seen any of the new guests they have announced, before, so Im really pleased. Also as you may/maynot know Im a big Enterprise fan so that makes a guest like Gary Graham a great person for SMS to have got. I can see a lot of people would probably want to see him cause he was in Alien Nation - but to me, him being practically the main guy from Alien Nation is just a bonus. Him having played the character Soval is more the reason I want to meet him and get his auto.

LLAP :blink:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary, Barbara and Gwyneth are great guests that I have not seen before.. so I am extremely happy..

There are loads of recurring guest actors in the star trek world and would be love to see any of the following

Diana Muldaur (I know she's main crew, but not seen her listed at any convention, so she would be a real catch)

Martha Hackett (Seska)

John De Lancie (Q)

MIchelle Forbes (Ro Laren)

JOnathan Del Arco (Hugh Borg)

Alice Krige (Borg Queen)

Daniel Davis (Professor James Moriarty)

Dwight Schultz (Reginald Barclay)

Rob Labelle (various alien characters)

James Horan (various aliens)

Matt Winston (Crewman Daniels)

Steven Culp (Major Hayes)

Daniel Dae Kim (Corporal Chang)

Suzie Plakson (K'Ehleyr)

Joan Collins (Edith Keeler)

Probably loads more but this will do for now..

hey peeps! great to see some activety in this neck of the universe :lol:

it's excellent to see Trek represented in the first set of guest annoucements for both c6 and LFACC 2, we are really privlidged!

happy for you Zeb, know how much you like Enterprise!

for me personally, there is no one I am planning on meeting. I only get autos for the people I want to meet and not because I collect ST autos and will get anyone's cause they have appeared accross the series'/films. At the mo it's main cast or people that have had recurring guest rolls, strangely enough dragonmate1, a few people the same as you!

Michelle Forbes would be cwl as she was in a series of "24" too and also of course John De Lancie has been in TNG/DS9 and Voyager not to mention Stargate SG1 :unsure:

so pretty much the first 7 on your list, except Daniel Davis as I don't know who he is?! :lol::P

surfy sah xx

ps-zeb, what's LLAP?! :lol:

so pretty much the first 7 on your list, except Daniel Davis as I don't know who he is?! 

Daniel Davis played Professor Moriarty in Next Gen.. I think he played the same character in a couple of episodes.. I remember one episode whereby he became aware that he was in fact a hologram character and wanted more, holding some of the crew hostage in the holodeck..

I think he was also in an episode where Data played Sherlock Holmes and an episode where Stephanie Beacham guest starred..

awww yes sounds familiar!!

as I said in another thread, can't watch ST anymore :( as they are not currently being shown on bbc2 :D (which is a damn shame if you ask me!!) and I don't have sky1 at uni (I wish!!) ;) so haven't seen in well a good couple of months (and that's only enterprise!) it's been (so far back I can't even remember - which is saying something!!) ages since I watched any other Trek, haven't even seen the last series of Voyager!! :o:lol:

so anyways, that's why I don't always remember everyone ;)

cheers for that refresher!

surfy sah xx

recurring roles i would love to meet are:

casey biggs

andrew robinson

marc alaimo

jeffrey combs

alice krige

martha hackett

max grodencick

michelle forbes

dwight schultz

john delancie

kai winn (forgot her name at the mo and same goes for)

female shape shifter

daniel davis was the butler from 'the nanny' with fran drescher.

Ooow yes I loved the nanny

Hope you were only joking surf_sah (LLAP) Live long and Prosper....(well it did take me ages to work out what btw was...by the way)

I would also love to see Diana Muldaur, but there are just so many people that I want to see its unreal.....think it would take to much time to list them all here.

LLAP :o:lol:

recurring roles i would love to meet are:

casey biggs

andrew robinson

marc alaimo

jeffrey combs

alice krige

martha hackett

max grodencick

michelle forbes

dwight schultz

john delancie

kai winn (forgot her name at the mo and same goes for)

female shape shifter

daniel davis was the butler from 'the nanny' with fran drescher.

Ah yes.. Kai Winn

Forgot about her.. she would be brilliant..

Louise Fletcher.. award winning actress

Best known as the Nurse in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's nest..

She was a rare attendeed at a Trek event in the US last year.. so perhaps may not be out of the question..

Would be a great addition to complement Brad Dourif in the 'Cuckoo's Nest' theme...

The feature films are pretty cheap at the moment but all the Series boxsets are still quite expensive, that is why I am downloading Voyager instead of buying it. I am half way through downloading Season 3 even though Season 2 hasent even been released over here yet on DVD, once the boxsets drop in price I might get them but at the moment I cant afford £60 per Season.

Edited by showmasters

Also, incase anyone is interested, alice krige and max grodencick are doing a store signing in swindon this thursday, I have met them both before at the NEC and they are really nice people so if you are in the area I would go meet them.

Wish I could go unfortunately, I have work....Annouying thing is I have next week off instead, ahh well thats life probably wouldn't have gone that far anyway.

You know, you should see if they have any cash converters near you. I know that quality cannot always be guarantied but I picked up a TNG dvd box set for £29 at my local cash converter. :headscratch:

LLAP :unsure: there must be better ones out there then LLAP ;)

...alice krige and max grodencick are doing a store signing in swindon this thursday...

you really need to give more notice with these things!!! B)

got film boxset on vhs and Nemesis cheap on dvd. not too keen on Insurrection so yet to get that, waiting to see it for the right price.

can't believe you're DOWNLOADING Voyager!! am I the only one who picked up most of them (series 2 through 4 anyways and alot of 5 and 6) on vhs when they were like 3 for £12 etc?!? ;):P

as for TNG boxests, they were cheap on Play/Amazon at one point and are bound to be again. I didn't want to start getting TNG on DVD, too expensive and too many series and wouldn't know what to do with them. also when I have Sky at home, they used (yes shame it is past tense :D ) to be on ALL the time so I saw most of them on the telly :D

ah the good old times!!! :wub:

surfy sah xx

I bought TNG Series 4-7 and DS9 Series 1-7 when they were first released at £58.99 each and after I watched them I sold them on, I didnt see the point in keeping them as I was never going to sit down again and watch every single episode so I thought I might as well pass them on to another Trek fan so they can be enjoyed so I doubt I will be getting them again unless I see the boxsets for £10 each.

As for Voyager, I have nearly every episode on VHS which I recorded when they were shown on BBC2 but they take up so much room, its about 10 tapes for just one season so you can imagine all 7 seasons takes up quite alot of space. Downloading them is just so much easier, much better quality than my VHS recordings plus I can keep 12 episodes on 1 dvdr and if I ever decide to get Voyager on DVD I can just pass on the discs to someone else.

Sorry about not giving everyone a better heads up about the store signing, guess I thought everyone knew about it already as the store in swindon is always holding signings.

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill

Apart from the event in Milton Keynes and London run by these people, and the other three I go to which all have major websites, I've never really seen the point in going to those shop signings - yes I suppose if I lived closer it might be a different story. (na most definatly would be a different story)

Its not something I would do, sell my dvd's or vids after only watching them a few times, at a big loss to someone else. I'd have to watch them at least 10-15 times before I did that but personnaly (sorry just my oppinion), I'd keep them all. I have about three season box sets so far, from differet ST shows and over 200 vids. I would never part with them, simply because I couldn't see a point coming up in the future where I would ever want to do that. I love all my trek stuff especially the vid's/dvd's. Helps me remeber why I love trek so much

I often watch a couple of episodes before I go to a show - yer I know it sounds daft but hey I dont care and thats all that counts. Lifes to short i say. :blink:

LLAP :D

...I often watch a couple of episodes before I go to a show - yer I know it sounds daft but hey I dont care and thats all that counts...

no way!! I TOTALLY do that too!

makes meeting the stars SO much more real! ;)

and the first ep you watch when coming back, like I saw Enterprise, I loved JOHN BILLINGSLEY so much more!!! (yes some how it was possible!) :P

re: store signings, I don't know about these things cause Swindon is very far away! and it's less fun meeting people on your own, even if you've just got some one to hold the camera! :o

also I think the expense etc travelling to Swindon, it would be more worthwile waiting for them to go to CM/LFACC. now if I had a job or someone to go with, it would be a fun outing to go to another town! :D but alas, nope :(

also with what Zeb stuff, not selling my stuff! the videos make such lovely piccies!!! :o

mind you, Andy, dunno what you are doing if you have 10 tapes per series!! :o

it's a little thing called 4hour tapes on LP - use 2/3 series then!! :(

surfy sah xx :(

Well I am only about an hour away from Swindon so if they have someone I want to meet appearing at the store it seems well worth it to me as it costs hardly anything to get their but if you are further away it might not be worth it.

As for DVDs, I like watching Trek and I would say I am a fan but im not the type of fan who lives by Trek and dresses up and stuff like that, I just enjoy watching it now and then. After I had watched them all I just didnt see a time when I would sit down and watch them all again so just keeping them to gather dust on my shelf seemed stupid so I sold them on, probaley a good thing I got rid of them though seeing as they are being re-released next year and I am sure DVD will not be the last format they are available on, with Blu-Ray they should be able to fit an entire Series of TNG on 1 Disc, talk about saving space :unsure:

As for my video recordings of Voyager, I never record anything on LP, the quality is cut in half and if anything needs all the quality it can get its Trek but now that I have them in a format which will never degrade I will probaley take my tapes to the dump or stick them in a box in the attic.

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill

I heard in the other forum about Patric - Im one of the lucky ones who got gold, I didn't know he was doing other shows as well, I just thought it was the odd one here then in five years time the odd one there, kinda thnig :P. Hmm anyway glad to see he's giving more fans the chance to see him in person and get a proper auto.

LLAP :P

I heard in the other forum about Patric - Im one of the lucky ones who got gold, I didn't know he was doing other shows as well, I just thought it was the odd one here then in five years time the odd one there, kinda thnig :P. Hmm anyway glad to see he's giving more fans the chance to see him in person and get a proper auto.

LLAP  :D

Do you know if there is a limit on how many autographs you can get from Patrick and whether or not you are allowed to bring your own items from home to be signed?

I heard in the other forum about Patric - Im one of the lucky ones who got gold, I didn't know he was doing other shows as well, I just thought it was the odd one here then in five years time the odd one there, kinda thnig :D. Hmm anyway glad to see he's giving more fans the chance to see him in person and get a proper auto.

LLAP  :D

Do you know if there is a limit on how many autographs you can get from Patrick and whether or not you are allowed to bring your own items from home to be signed?

Doesn't really say.. but I would imagine it would be one autograph each, considering the 1 hour limit on signing..

Usually this event allows a free autograph on the programme and I think you can buy additional autograph tickets.. Can't see that happening with Patrick..

Play were selling the TNG DVD sets for £40 each. Not sure if they still are. DS9 hasn't gone cheap yet, but I got all my DS9 seasons on R1 from the US. They cost me a little over £40 each brand new.

With multi-region almost being the norm now, there's no reason to pay £60 for R2 UK sets, especially when some of the episodes are cut.

Respect

Admiral Bear

Edited by showmasters

Admiral_Bear - I think I might have seen you on the Saturday :P but I don't think you would have recognised me even if you had tried. I was with another larger guy who had bleached hair, and who I think was bying all the autographs under the sun.

I was just wearing my army type cap, and as usual my jeans, and was carrying my video too get signed and I aslo had my folder full of autos on me.

Yer it was great fun hope they get some more trek people down there next time that I haven't seen. Its always great getting the chance to meet people you havent seen before especialy when there that close to where you live. :D^_^

LLAP

Edited by zebredy

Admiral_Bear - I think I might have seen you on the Saturday ;) but I don't think you would have recognised me even if you had tried. I was with another larger guy who had bleached hair, and who I think was bying all the autographs under the sun.

I was just wearing my army type cap, and as usual my jeans, and was carrying my video too get signed and I aslo had my folder full of autos on me.

Yer it was great fun hope they get some more trek people down there next time that I haven't seen. Its always great getting the chance to meet people you havent seen before especialy when there that close to where you live. :D;)

LLAP

i saw you!

I really think we should say in advance if we're going to these little events, so we can meet up!

Basildon would've been great to meet up as it was practically empty on Sunday.

Respect

Admiral Bear