Thoughts on "Knock Knock"

wjbleming

45 minutes ago, wjbleming said:

I really enjoyed this weeks episode. David Suchet was great as always, I'm always partial to a scary episode and liked the emotional side at the climax, as well as the tease at the end.

Agreed, another great story. When isn't David great? ;) However, I didn't find it that scary, which was slightly disappointing. I also liked the emotional scenes. The tease at the end was great. Bring on 'Oxygen' :D

Well, less scary and more that bit of eerie/tension in it, if that makes sense? (I'm not great with words, sometimes. Write something down and think later, "no, thats not right", sorta thing, sorry)

12 hours ago, wjbleming said:

Well, less scary and more that bit of eerie/tension in it, if that makes sense? (I'm not great with words, sometimes. Write something down and think later, "no, thats not right", sorta thing, sorry)

I agree that there was tension in the first 2 acts, but nearer the end it stopped dead with the emotional scenes (and don't worry, I'm sure I can work out what you mean :D).

I thought it was really good but definitely suffered from the Moffat era syndrome. Most episodes since Series 7 have had really good beginnings, great middles and then very disappointing endings (The Power of Three being the best example). 

Still, the episodes have definitely been great and have made up for the year break.