SG-1 S8 & SG Atlantis DVD's

matrix8

Hiya Guys, Just a review of Stargate SG1 Volume 39. A little late but for the Stargate E-team. Thanks!

Special Features.

These are hidden behind Opening The iris, why so secretive. Its probably just me but if I dont see them right in front of my face to begin with I start to question whether they are actually there.

This DVD features Part two of the special from Stargate to Atlantis. This part features mostly Atlantis cast and crew behind the scenes but is a gem to watch over and over again. It also gives a sneek preview to later episodes in both seasons of SG1 and SGA. Its great to see the cast and crew showing their true selves running around playing jokes on each other. They say it is one of the reasons why the show is so sucessful as it is, and I am inclined to agree.

This DVD also features another of the Directors Series. What I love about this one is that you get to see the puppet of Thor sitting along side Michael shanks and across the table from RDA wearing sandles with his military uniform, classic. Amanda as always is on top form in this Directors series being her normal quirky self explaining some of the episode to viewers and showing how some of the special effects are made.

Other special features include some production stills, nice to see and couple of good ones in there!

Conclusion.

As always the Stargate SG1 dvd offers all the best for its fans. Its great to see so much from behind the scenes and is well worth buying even if you think you have seen the episodes a hundred times already! LOL

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of starting a new thread I thought I would add something on to this one.

If you are after Boxsets of SG-1 Season 8 and Atlantis Season 1 you can now pre-order the Region 2 Dutch Boxests from www.dvdzone2.com

They are doing SG-1 for £25.87 and Atlantis for £23.82 and if you order them both shipping is only £2.72 :)

Even better news is that because the Dutch releases use the same DVD master as the French set and not the UK set you will get the audio commentaries which were missing from the UK volume releases of SG-1

So why wait until next February and pay £45 for the UK SG-1 Boxset when you can get it next month for almost £20 less, you know it makes sense :lol:

Edited by Colonel Jack O'Neill

Wow that's cheap, thanks for the heads up Andy ^_^

£45?  Heck where do you buy even those, usual price here is about £50-£60  :huh:

850191[/snapback]

The price for Season 7 when it was released in the UK was £44.99 for Play.com but I am sure high street shops wanted £50/60

ahhhh how excellent! get the Dutch release of SGA nowish instead of next Feb, what a genius idea!

how does the postage work out Andy? and what are the main diffs from getting it R1 R2 or even R4? I presume this is a R2 release? or atleasty plays on R2 things? *which reminds me, gotta order Scrubs* :huh:

*ahem* *uses the Force* don't buy it nickiiiiii! *whistles* :lol:

Luv sah xx

ahhhh how excellent! get the Dutch release of SGA nowish instead of next Feb, what a genius idea!

how does the postage work out Andy? and what are the main diffs from getting it R1 R2 or even R4? I presume this is a R2 release? or atleasty plays on R2 things? *which reminds me, gotta order Scrubs*  :P

*ahem* *uses the Force* don't buy it nickiiiiii! *whistles* :P

Luv sah xx

852547[/snapback]

The postage is quite cheap considering they send the sets via airmail in sturdy cardboard boxes.

As for the differences, all the menus/episodes/extra features will be the same as the UK Volume releases but unlike the UK releases the discs will include the missing audio commentaries.

Also, due to the Netherlands being part of Europe, the DVDs will be Region 2 just like the UK.

By the way, I found a website that is doing Scrubs Season 2 for less than £13 delievered, will send you the details.

Have just checked the BBFC website (good for checking what is on new dvd releases) and noticed that certain SG-1 and Atlantis episodes have been re-submitted for classification so I created a list of what episodes so far will include audio commentaries if MGM get around to re-releasing them...

Stargate SG-1

8x01 - New Order - Commentary added 25/04/2005

8x03 - Lockdown - Commentary added 25/04/2005

8x04 - Zero Hour - Commentary added 03/05/2005

8x05 - Icon - Commentary added 04/05/2005

8x06 - Avatar - Commentary added 25/04/2005

8x07 - Affinity - Commentary added 03/05/2005

8x08 - Covenant - Commentary added 03/05/2005

8x09 - Sacrifices - Commentary added 07/06/2005

8x10 - Endgame - Commentary added 25/04/2005

8x11 - Gemini - Commentary added 10/05/2005

8x12 - Prometheus Unbound - Commentary added 07/06/2005

8x13 - It's Good To Be King - Commentary added 04/08/2005**

8x14 - Full Alert - Commentary added 25/04/2005

8x15 - Reckoning, Part 1 - Commentary added 26/05/2005

8x16 - Reckoning, Part 2 - Commentary added 26/05/2005

8x17 - Threads - No Commentary

8x18 - Citizen Joe - Commentary added 31/08/2005**

8x19 - Moebius, Part 1 - Commentary added 26/05/2005

8x20 - Moebius, Part 2 - Commentary added 26/05/2005

Stargate Atlantis

1x01 - Rising - Commentary added 22/04/2005

1x03 - Hide and Seek - Commentary added 31/08/2005**

1x04 - Thirty Eight Minutes - Commentary added 31/08/2005**

1x05 - Suspicion - No Commentary

1x06 - Childhood's End - Commentary added 10/05/2005

1x07 - Poisoning the Well - No Commentary

1x08 - Home - No Commentary

1x09 - Underground - No Commentary

1x10 - The Storm - Commentary added 15/06/2005

1x11 - The Eye - Commentary added 10/05/2005

1x12 - The Defiant One - No Commentary

1x13 - Hot Zone - Commentary added 10/05/2005

1x14 - Sanctuary - Commentary added 31/08/2005**

1x15 - Before I Sleep - No Commentary

1x16 - The Brotherhood - Commentary added 04/08/2005

1x17 - Letters From Pegasua - No Commentary

1x18 - The Gift - Commentary added 04/08/2005

1x19 - The Siege Part 1 - Commentary added 04/08/2005

1x20 - The Siege Part 2 - Commentary added 04/08/2005

** = Newely Added

excellent looks like I'm def getting this European DVD ness then! hehe! I laugh at people who spent that much buying each volume in like HMV/Virgin! :angry:

and these will have commentries on? or am I being blonde? :angry:

wahoooo for SCRUBS! :P *pokes you to get on msn* :wub:

Luv sah xx

• 2 weeks later...

excellent Andy! do the SGA one have commentry on them? what do they look like - decent? might have to order soon! unless they've gone up in price? :D

enjoy watching them, when you are able! saw "The Storm" on c5 last night, yey! my house mates have been converted! and we are training the one that could talk for Wales and her BF to be quiet - unless there's ads!! :lol:

:help:

Luv sah xx