guest announcement - BARBARA MARCH & GWYNYTH WALSH

Showmasters, I love you! . .and a big hug for Stoat too, cos I know he had a paw in this. ;)

I think I have to get the credit for Barbara and Gwyneth appearing as I asked for them a few weeks back. To my knowledge, I'm the only person on here to have ever asked for them.

Respect

Admiral Bear

Showmasters, I love you! . .and a big hug for Stoat too, cos I know he had a paw in this. ;)

I think I have to get the credit for Barbara and Gwyneth appearing as I asked for them a few weeks back. To my knowledge, I'm the only person on here to have ever asked for them.

Respect

Admiral Bear

why should you get the credit??

Any credit due goes to SM's surely !!!

Showmasters, I love you! . .and a big hug for Stoat too, cos I know he had a paw in this.  ;)

Respect

Admiral Bear

why should you get the credit??

Any credit due goes to SM's surely !!!

Hey Bear.. not wanting to call you wrong here and was sure I have previously asked for them..

Then found this from September 2003...

Posted: Sep 2 2003, 06:29 PM 

Camera Operator

Group: Members

Member No.: 385

Cancel this.. Aron & max are confirmed for Germany during the same time..

Hey Showmasters.. As there are a number of big names in Germany for for the same weekend, what are the chances of bringing any over just for the Monday!!!!

I'm talking here of

Kate Mulgrew..

Tony Todd (Candyman amongst others)

John De lancie

Brian Thompson (Could cater for Buffy, X Files, etc)

Or even Ray Park (may keep the Star wars lot happy!!!)

Vaughn Armstrong

Barbara March

Gwyneth Walsh (The Duras Sisters)

A one day commitment may be possible!!!! and it's only a short hop over here from Germany.

--------------------

J E R I

R Y A N

for any show please..

Also

Patrick Stewart

Jonathan Frakes

Avery Brooks

Colm Meaney

Scott Bakula

Jolene Blalock

Then found this from October 2003.. I'm sure there are a few others I could find...

My Trek wish list....

A LIST

Patrick Stewart

Jonathan Frakes

Brent Spiner

Levar Burton

Jolene Blalock

Scott Bakula

Avery Brooks

Whoopi Goldberg

Kirstie Alley

Joan Collins

Colm Meaney

B LIST

Terry Farrell

Jennifer Lien

Denise Crosby

Dwight Schultz

Alice Krige

Tom Hardy

John De Lancie

C LIST

Jonathan Del Arco

Barbara March

Gwyneth Walsh

Martha Hackett

Rob Labelle

Fintan McKeown

Scarlett Pomers

Tony Todd (aka Candyman)

James Cromwell

Michelle Forbes

Carolyn Seymour

--------------------

J E R I

R Y A N

for any show please..

Also

Patrick Stewart

Jonathan Frakes

Avery Brooks

Colm Meaney

Scott Bakula

Jolene Blalock

Then found this from October 2003.. I'm sure there are a few others I could find...
My Trek wish list....

A LIST

Patrick Stewart

Jonathan Frakes

Brent Spiner

Levar Burton

Jolene Blalock

Scott Bakula

Avery Brooks

Whoopi Goldberg

Kirstie Alley

Joan Collins

Colm Meaney

B LIST

Terry Farrell

Jennifer Lien

Denise Crosby

Dwight Schultz

Alice Krige

Tom Hardy

John De Lancie

C LIST

Jonathan Del Arco

Barbara March

Gwyneth Walsh

Martha Hackett

Rob Labelle

Fintan McKeown

Scarlett Pomers

Tony Todd (aka Candyman)

James Cromwell

Michelle Forbes

Carolyn Seymour

--------------------

J E R I

R Y A N

for any show please..

Also

Patrick Stewart

Jonathan Frakes

Avery Brooks

Colm Meaney

Scott Bakula

Jolene Blalock

<sulks>. . .Oh, alright, you win! :lol:

Anyway, since Jango Johnny has finally acheived a result with his hundreds of requests for Sam Jones, I've asked him if he'll campaign for Jeri Ryan! ;)

You never know, Jango might hit gold again.

Respect

Admiral Bear

Just reveiwed those wish lists from last year and realised just how many have appeared since then..

Brent Spiner

Levar Burton

Denise Crosby

Tony Todd

Brian Thompson

Ray Park

And now we will get

Barbara March

Gwyneth Walsh

If I had thought of it I would have asked for Gary Graham

Pretty good as far as Trek is concerned (I know Ray Park is not Trek, before anyone points that out , but he was on the list from last year)

Trek is so immense, there is sooo much more to go..

Edited by dragonmate1

Just reveiwed those wish lists from last year and realised just how many have appeared since then..

Brent Spiner

Levar Burton

Denise Crosby

Tony Todd

Brian Thompson

Ray Park

And now we will get

Barbara March

Gwyneth Walsh

If I had thought of it I would have asked for Gary Graham

Pretty good as far as Trek is concerned (I know Ray Park is not Trek, before anyone points that out , but he was on the list from last year)

Dragon, apart from Gwyneth, Barbara and Jeri, is there anyone left from Trek that you haven't met and want to meet?

I know you've been to Creation's Vegas gigs a few times where they have nearly everyone from Trek.

I think we Trekkers really need to concentrate purely on asking for the people we've never met and not ask for people we've already seen before.

From the Trek actors left on my wish list (minus Babs and Gwyneth), I only really want to meet Frakes, Meaney, Farrell, Brooks, Wheaton, Kurtwood Smith, Ronny Cox, and maybe Nicole de Boer and Michelle Forbes.

I'm really not fussed about Stewart. If and when I ever meet him, it's unlikely he'll bother to be civil to me for supporting 16 years of his work.

Regards

Admiral Bear

Brent Spiner

Levar Burton

Denise Crosby

Tony Todd

Brian Thompson

Ray Park

And now we will get

Barbara March

Gwyneth Walsh

If I had thought  of it I would have asked for Gary Graham

Pretty good as far as Trek is concerned (I know Ray Park is  not Trek, before anyone points that out , but he was on the list from last year)

Dragon, apart from Gwyneth, Barbara and Jeri, is there anyone left from Trek that you haven't met and want to meet?

I know you've been to Creation's Vegas gigs a few times where they have nearly everyone from Trek.

I think we Trekkers really need to concentrate purely on asking for the people we've never met and not ask for people we've already seen before.

From the Trek actors left on my wish list (minus Babs and Gwyneth), I only really want to meet Frakes, Meaney, Farrell, Brooks, Wheaton, Kurtwood Smith, Ronny Cox, and maybe Nicole de Boer and Michelle Forbes.

I'm really not fussed about Stewart. If and when I ever meet him, it's unlikely he'll bother to be civil to me for supporting 16 years of his work.

Regards

Admiral Bear

Bear .. yes there are loads I would want to meet and some I would like to meet again..

From the main cast I have yet to meet

Patrick Stewart

Jonathan Frakes

Jeri Ryan (of course)

Colm Meaney

Diana Muldaur

Scott Bakula

Jolene Blalock.

I would like to meet again

Jennifer Lien

Terry Farrell

Levar Burton

Brent Spiner

Nichelle Nichols

Leonard Nimoy (met him 3 times and would still like another go)

Avery Brooks

Robert Duncan McNeil

Alice Krige

John De Lancie

Anthony Montgomery

Linda Park

John Billingsley (for the entertainment value)

Supporting Cast.. I would like to meet

Jonathan Del Arco

Barbara & Gwyneth

Michelle Forbes

Martha Hackett

Frank Gorshin (also Riddler from Batman)

Matt Winston

Finton Mckeon (probably not spelt right)

Tony Todd

Joan Collins

From films

Tom Hardy

Ron Perlman

Ricardo Montalban

Malcolm McDowell

Basically there are still loads to meet.. now mainly supporting cast but it seems almost unlimited.

I'm sure there are lots I have missed on the list that really should be there..

Edited by dragonmate1

I take it you mean 16 years of his Star Trek work?

Patrick Stewart like most actors these days, do not want to be remembered only for one character.

He has played a multitude of characters over the years in cinema and the theatre, and i'm sure YOU would be pleased if you had just finished a successful stage show and a fan comes up and asks you to sign a picture of Picard...how tasteful !!!!

I take it you mean 16 years of his Star Trek work?

Patrick Stewart like most actors these days, do not want to be remembered only for one character.

He has played a multitude of characters over the years in cinema and the theatre, and i'm sure YOU would be pleased if you had just finished a successful stage show and a fan comes up and asks you to sign a picture of Picard...how tasteful !!!!

Hold on a minute..

Where would Patrick Stewart have been without Star Trek??

Likely as an obscure classical actor.. It was Trek that gave him fame and fortune and paved the way for his subsequent roles..

It is those very fans that have supported Trek over the years which enable TV companies to continue to show Next Generation all over the World which I've no doubt still pays a pretty penny into PS's bank account.

Therefore I think he has a lot to be grateful for and instead of apparently snubbing Trek fans, he should welcome their continued support..

True.. you didn't.. just that he has a reputation for doing so.. which I find a little ungrateful.

Instead of being miffed at the stage door at a few Trek fans, he should welcome that they are bothered to do so and at least be a little gracious towards them..

As I stated previously.. without Trek I am sure that Stewart would not be in the same position as he is in now.

Yeah for B & G, can't wait to meet them!

A huge shout out for SM to get Jeri, the only voyager cast member I've not met, and boy, do I want to!!!!

As for Patrick, lovely man, but it's all about Dune, his finest hour!

Merlster

Merl for Lfcc 2!

I can see both arguements from Stewart's point of view, and can see how he might be miffed at only being recognised for Star Trek when he sees himself as being so much more than just Picard. . .and he is more than Picard. . . For example, his Scrooge was quite watchable.

However, that doesn't excuse either his attitude or behaviour towards Trek fans and Star Trek in general. He can't just forget about something he voluntarily did constantly for 16 years, wipe it under the carpet, and pretend it never happened.

After all, no one made him do it. He doesn't have this attidude towards the people who support his theatre work.

Respect

Admiral Bear

I can see both arguements from Stewart's point of view, and can see how he might be miffed at only being recognised for Star Trek when he sees himself as being so much more than just Picard. . .and he is more than Picard. . . For example, his Scrooge was quite watchable.

However, that doesn't excuse either his attitude or behaviour towards Trek fans and Star Trek in general. He can't just forget about something he voluntarily did constantly for 16 years, wipe it under the carpet, and pretend it never happened.

After all, no one made him do it. He doesn't have this attidude towards the people who support his theatre work.

Respect

Admiral Bear

True.. surely he should just accept his Trek past and be proud of what he achieved and the status it gave him..

After all without Picard, I doubt if we would have seen him as Scrooge (which I agree was very good but still doesn't beat Albert Finney) , Captain Ahab.. (again good but not up to Gregory Peck) and others..

No matter what character he plays, he may be compared to those who have played it before him but one thing is for sure.. He IS the one and only Captain JEAN-LUC PICARD and no-one can take that place.

I sill believe that his appearance at two events (so far) this year and his now permanent residence in the UK provides the best possible chance of him doing one of these shows.. After all, he can be as grumpy and miffed as much as he likes throughout the year, but you would have thought he could attend one event over here this year as a means to thank the many fans who have supported him..

One day - Not too much to ask and it's not as if he wouldn't be boosting his bank balance at the same time!!! :rolleyes: