GENERAL CHAT

17 hours ago, Faerie Tanith said:

The forum feels like an airport at 2am. The only real activity is the announcements but hardly anyone is around to hear them and those who are are the tired frequent fliers.

So true... I do miss the guessing games they had with guest announcements. Those were fun and exciting. Although lately the guests are always the same ones at each Comic Con... 

People have always expressed disappointment over guests on here, I think the difference is that there used to be active moderators to curb too much complaining. Those mods were also responsible for a lot of the type topics. This place never really bounced back after Queen Sindel's departure for example.

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

I haven't cosplayed in years, and it's harder to do it when arriving via public transit (at least it is for me as I get very self conscious) but I'm toying with the idea of getting a cowgirl Barbie costume for this one... thoughts?

12 Barbie Movie Halloween Costume Ideas - PureWow

My main concerns are wearing this on public transport, wearing this in winter, and my body shape is VERY far off from Margot Robbie's. On the other hand I wouldn't need a wig and I could probably pull it off minus the hat, and I do miss the attention from cosplaying. I'm very 50/50 on it right now.

Body shape shouldn’t really be a consideration when cosplaying. And most people would be on a hiding to nothing if they tried comparing themselves to Margot Robbie.

The issues about wearing it at winter or in public transport are both resolved by wearing a coat over it. So I say go for it. 

• 3 weeks later...