1 week to go to Glasgow showmasters

• Gerald mindham changed the title to 1 week to go to Glasgow showmasters

Unfortunately I will miss this year's convention because I will be away for a long weekend. It will be only the second Braehead convention I have missed since 2007. I would have liked to meet Kieran Hodgson (to add to my Two Doors Down DVD) and Ian McCulloch (to sign a couple of Blu-Rays). Although neither of them have been added to the forum they were announced on Facebook. I have been wanting to meet Ian for a while and I'm annoyed that he will be at my local con and I won't get to see him. Both Kieran and Ian have not been added to the pre-order shop either.

Mandip Gill is the obvious big one for me... Not least because as well as treating myself, I'm hoping to get her to sign a birthday card for my best friend. (his birthday's not until the end of October - but preplanning's a wonderful joy!)

Kieran Hodgson's also going to be a treat, even if I'm looking at it more from a comedian perspective than an acting one. Sure, he's got a Fringe gig next month but Fringe's always a bit of chaos really.

• 2 weeks later...

I almost missed this years event completely as I hadn’t been keeping updated on the change in dates, it was actually complete coincidence I was going to see Oppenheimer at XSite yesterday and bumped into someone I knew who was going to this event, so only had a chance to look around for the last few hours.

Very barebones like last year was though perhaps this change of dates will help in future, here’s hoping.

18 hours ago, OverGeek said:

I almost missed this years event completely as I hadn’t been keeping updated on the change in dates, it was actually complete coincidence I was going to see Oppenheimer at XSite yesterday and bumped into someone I knew who was going to this event, so only had a chance to look around for the last few hours.

Very barebones like last year was though perhaps this change of dates will help in future, here’s hoping.

Hi Brian great to see you again how are you did you meet any of the guests :D

1 minute ago, carnosoul said:

Cool :D how are you did you get anything from the stalls :D

I’m doing alright thanks, I was at the PlayExpo this year too for the first time that was fun.

Just a few small things, nothing major, I normally pick up one of those mystery bags as I never really know what I want so I go for that though I’d already picked up a £50 one at PlayExpo so I didn’t want to get another one.

44 minutes ago, OverGeek said:

I’m doing alright thanks, I was at the PlayExpo this year too for the first time that was fun.

Just a few small things, nothing major, I normally pick up one of those mystery bags as I never really know what I want so I go for that though I’d already picked up a £50 one at PlayExpo so I didn’t want to get another one.

I’m glad you are doing good :D my friend lynn worked at play expo this year it looked really good :D i like the mystery boxes too they have some good stuff in them