Doctor who guests (LFCC 2023)

D-C-A

8 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

Saying that, I do have autographs from both, but before any thing came out about either of them. So my conscience is clear in that regards.  

I’m not blind to the idea that disgraced celebrity autographs are worth a pretty penny, but personally I could never, my Series 2 is basically complete beyond John Leeson in terms of main cast, and I have already had an argument with someone who insists it won’t be finished until I have Clarke on the set, when in reality I want him nowhere near my series 2 or any sets I own.

8 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

I wouldnt give any convention the time or money if they booked Noel Clarke, exactly the same as Nicholas Brendan from Buffy. Like you I would question the sanity and ethics of the convention booking either of them.

And by not giving that convention money, I mean for that event they book them for and all future events

The sanity of any event that would book someone so controversial is questionable at best.

i understand that Clarke was a big part of the show for 5 years (even tho he did maybe a single series worth of episodes) but there is too much controversy around him for there to be positive reception towards him, and I’ve already stated that the fact the number went to double digits and sits around 20 says too much for me to think he’s innocent, it’s not a popular opinion but I’d rather be wrong in his guilt than his innocence, and of course I do think his behaviour was inappropriate.

i so still see people requesting him for events all the time, but if he was booked I can see the backlash being so great that their would be no hope in hell of him actually attending, similar to a panel getting announced at another event but was met with overwhelming negativity causing its cancellation as it conflicted with one of the main objects of the event, and a significantly large part of the audience, but there was backlash to the cancellation as there always is, people saying that they were pandering to one crowd too much, that people were genuine excited to see the panel (one person claiming he’d bought the tickets for this one thing alone) and that they can’t just keep being “lefty liberals” about it, when most of the attendees of said event are just that

3 hours ago, D-C-A said:

The sanity of any event that would book someone so controversial is questionable at best.

i understand that Clarke was a big part of the show for 5 years (even tho he did maybe a single series worth of episodes) but there is too much controversy around him for there to be positive reception towards him, and I’ve already stated that the fact the number went to double digits and sits around 20 says too much for me to think he’s innocent, it’s not a popular opinion but I’d rather be wrong in his guilt than his innocence, and of course I do think his behaviour was inappropriate.

i so still see people requesting him for events all the time, but if he was booked I can see the backlash being so great that their would be no hope in hell of him actually attending, similar to a panel getting announced at another event but was met with overwhelming negativity causing its cancellation as it conflicted with one of the main objects of the event, and a significantly large part of the audience, but there was backlash to the cancellation as there always is, people saying that they were pandering to one crowd too much, that people were genuine excited to see the panel (one person claiming he’d bought the tickets for this one thing alone) and that they can’t just keep being “lefty liberals” about it, when most of the attendees of said event are just that

And yet there will be a show that will take the risk and book him. And then try and ride out the backlash and eventually cancel him

1 hour ago, Mfahey79 said:

And yet there will be a show that will take the risk and book him. And then try and ride out the backlash and eventually cancel him

By all accounts they'd have to be insane, and the problem is can they really risk putting someone in harms way, because i do recall (If memory serves) that one of the accusations came from someone attending to him at an event, and there are a lot of people who would wish to meet him, and thats just at the event itself.

but if somewhere was absolutely absurd to do it, their would be a mixture of backlash which i feel would be the majority of the response and you'd have the few who would be amazed that he's attending and be the most vocal when such a cancellation occurs, because an event like show-masters often says they intend to rebook a guest, and imagine explaining that a guest has been cancelled by the event itself, i don't recall seeing a post in 2021 when it all came out, but now they'd likely have to, they couldn't cancel him quietly because that would still leave people assuming he was still attending.

24 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

By all accounts they'd have to be insane, and the problem is can they really risk putting someone in harms way, because i do recall (If memory serves) that one of the accusations came from someone attending to him at an event, and there are a lot of people who would wish to meet him, and thats just at the event itself.

but if somewhere was absolutely absurd to do it, their would be a mixture of backlash which i feel would be the majority of the response and you'd have the few who would be amazed that he's attending and be the most vocal when such a cancellation occurs, because an event like show-masters often says they intend to rebook a guest, and imagine explaining that a guest has been cancelled by the event itself, i don't recall seeing a post in 2021 when it all came out, but now they'd likely have to, they couldn't cancel him quietly because that would still leave people assuming he was still attending.

You are correct, one of the accusers was the person looking after him at a convention.

But they did drop him quietly.

He was supposed to attend the spring 2020 show with Ashley Walters, both were rebooked for the 2020 summer show, but then covid happened and that show didnt go ahead. 

Gave them the perfect opportunity to drop him quietly which they did, he just never made the attendees list when they re-started the conventions in the winter 2021 show. Ashley made the spring 2022 show as he was busy working. 

9 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

You are correct, one of the accusers was the person looking after him at a convention.

But they did drop him quietly.

He was supposed to attend the spring 2020 show with Ashley Walters, both were rebooked for the 2020 summer show, but then covid happened and that show didnt go ahead. 

Gave them the perfect opportunity to drop him quietly which they did, he just never made the attendees list when they re-started the conventions in the winter 2021 show. Ashley made the spring 2022 show as he was busy working. 

Ah yes i remember Ashley i think he was number 3 on my Series 7 or maybe number 4 can't remember, but yeah they were gonna be a package duo for both Doctor who and that other show they did together which got cancelled during the accusations, if anything it was a good line up of who they got in a sense of Showmasters comboing actors well, 4 actors from Doctor who, 3 who appeared at the same time and the same era all regulars, the 4th a guest star and strategically he appears with one of the bigger names in another show to combo together, its just a shame Clarke is a peace of... TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES.

i think for that reason Showmasters wouldn't book him given that if an accusation came from a con that would be extremely bad to have such a guest, and whilst they could have a male attendee that would be in my opinion a bad way of addressing the issue IE circumventing it instead of confronting it, and would be seen as playing devils advocate.

also on a lighter note i picked up two signed items one is on Pre-Order which is Season 15 signed by Tom baker and John Leeson, and the other is a "Horror of Fang Rock" DVD cover signed by John Abbot and Ralph Watson, so a deceased actor with the former being my 200th signed item to enter my collection, which by all accounts i am super happy to have, and i think all i'm missing story wise with Ralph's name on it is a copy of "The Monster of Peledon" and a CD he did with Alex Kingston for The Diary of River song series 6, but thats splitting hairs... or in the case of Doctor who wigs and Toupees.

what are everyone elses latest pick ups signed wise? were they at the recent event or elsewhere.

18 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

also on a lighter note i picked up two signed items one is on Pre-Order which is Season 15 signed by Tom baker and John Leeson, and the other is a "Horror of Fang Rock" DVD cover signed by John Abbot and Ralph Watson, so a deceased actor with the former being my 200th signed item to enter my collection, which by all accounts i am super happy to have, and i think all i'm missing story wise with Ralph's name on it is a copy of "The Monster of Peledon" and a CD he did with Alex Kingston for The Diary of River song series 6, but thats splitting hairs... or in the case of Doctor who wigs and Toupees.

what are everyone elses latest pick ups signed wise? were they at the recent event or elsewhere.

Actually, my pre order from the spring show has turned up. So I now have my Steelbook signed by, Ruth Madeley, Bonnie Langford, Karl Collins and Jaqueline King.

And I have my eye on adding to my stamp cover collection, with one signed by Tom Baker, Bob Baker and John Leeson

Edited by Mfahey79

5 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

Actually, my pre order from the spring show has turned up. So I now have my Steelbook signed by, Ruth Madeley, Bonnie Langford, Karl Collins and Jaqueline King.

And I have my eye on adding to my stamp cover collection, with one signed by Tom Baker, Bob Baker and John Leeson

And Jemma Redgrave has been added to the Bedford Charity convention. so she'll be added to this and the 13th Doctor specials. and 50th steelbooks. Which will bring it up to 8 on the specials, and Sophie Aldred in the summer.

This year has been good so far with a solid number of pick ups, now i'm just waiting to see if i can get a ticket for the march signing, which i doubt i will and that annoys me as i should have booked them earlier, especially as i need Manning and Levene on an item top Priority and i was hoping to have Peter Roy and Derek Martin on Lost in time as well, but now i just gotta hope and wait.

I've got a Derek Martin but i don't have a Peter Roy sad to say, and i won't buy anything until i know that i cant get a ticket.

21 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

And Jemma Redgrave has been added to the Bedford Charity convention. so she'll be added to this and the 13th Doctor specials. and 50th steelbooks. Which will bring it up to 8 on the specials, and Sophie Aldred in the summer.

i hope matt lucas dose another one need him on a few things

13 hours ago, D-C-A said:

This year has been good so far with a solid number of pick ups, now i'm just waiting to see if i can get a ticket for the march signing, which i doubt i will and that annoys me as i should have booked them earlier, especially as i need Manning and Levene on an item top Priority and i was hoping to have Peter Roy and Derek Martin on Lost in time as well, but now i just gotta hope and wait.

I've got a Derek Martin but i don't have a Peter Roy sad to say, and i won't buy anything until i know that i cant get a ticket.

Well hopefully, you are sucessfull in getting a ticket, I'll be doing a send in for this show as I'll be working that weekend. I know it will be the start of A Curse of Fenric cover. But so many different combinations at play with the UNIT actors and beyond. But John Leeson will also be added to my Remembrance DVD

Levene and Roy will be added to my Invasion DVD

There is something rather touching in leaving the Green Death with just Katy Manning and Stuart Bevan on it though i think

Edited by Mfahey79

3 hours ago, LSmith said:

i hope matt lucas dose another one need him on a few things

I'm surprised he hasnt done another, as he was very popular, and searching him on the forum to see if he was a diamond pass or not brought up this. He loved his time at LFCC so i would say he would be open to coming back

6 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

I'm surprised he hasnt done another, as he was very popular, and searching him on the forum to see if he was a diamond pass or not brought up this. He loved his time at LFCC so i would say he would be open to coming back

I’m beginning to wonder if because of some shows that Lucas did earlier in the century that may be a reason Showmasters and other events are hesitant to bring Lucas back, given the whole boycott that happened a few years back

Well i've had some good fortune, my misses has looked in a charity shop and just found copies of "The Reign of Terror", "The Celestial Toymaker", "The Smugglers", "The Cybermen" and "The Paradise of Death" albeit it cost me around £68 for the lot but damn am i happy with that.

my wallet however is not and there goes my food and drink budget for the next 10 days.

3 hours ago, D-C-A said:

Well i've had some good fortune, my misses has looked in a charity shop and just found copies of "The Reign of Terror", "The Celestial Toymaker", "The Smugglers", "The Cybermen" and "The Paradise of Death" albeit it cost me around £68 for the lot but damn am i happy with that.

my wallet however is not and there goes my food and drink budget for the next 10 days.

I'm guessing books? or audio?

13 hours ago, D-C-A said:

I’m beginning to wonder if because of some shows that Lucas did earlier in the century that may be a reason Showmasters and other events are hesitant to bring Lucas back, given the whole boycott that happened a few years back

I dont think I'd go that far as to him being boycotted, I would say it is more the case that he has been really busy, if its not Bake Off, he has been in a number of films and tv shows. 

So once again they have decided to not run Collectormania in Birmingham this year. But they are returning to their roots and having Collectormania in MK Shopping Centre. Which is great news for me as it is 20 minutes down the road.

Now I can only imagine that the costs of hosting Birmingham was too high to take the risk

1 minute ago, Mfahey79 said:

So once again they have decided to not run Collectormania in Birmingham this year. But they are returning to their roots and having Collectormania in MK Shopping Centre. Which is great news for me as it is 20 minutes down the road.

Now I can only imagine that the costs of hosting Birmingham was too high to take the risk

27 minutes ago, LSmith said:

I'm loving this, I cant wait to see who'll they'll get. I know wont be any major guests, but hopefully a good range of classic actors and new series supporting actors.

4 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

I'm guessing books? or audio?

All books, couple of blue spines and the last Target novelisation so it was worth the cash, definitely nowhere near the total value 

1 hour ago, Mfahey79 said:

Given it got cancelled last year they probably lost a lot of money on that given all the advertising they likely poured into it, returning to roots is more than probably a cheaper option IMO