Doctor who guests (LFCC 2023)

D-C-A

3 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

Okay i'm home so i can say more.

this is a big guest for the event which is undeniable and will more than likely be the big headliner for the event and after however many cons of having Big Doctor who guests as the headliners it makes sense to have someone else, and personally i hope this shuts up people who constantly complain about them "Always" getting Doctor who guests even tho the rule of thumb is basically every UK actor has done something Doctor who, but the begging for Joseph Quinn and Jenna Ortega crowd wont stop until both are announced and complained that they couldn't meet them due to high demand, can't win.

now as a Doctor who fan personally was hoping for someone from that neck of the woods, and really maybe have some smaller ones to go with a bigger announcement to pad the numbers a little, IE would have been nice to see a few names crop up here and there, and i've seen Catherine Tate get announced elsewhere and a few i'm after at an event in Birmingham, but these are financially impossible for me to get to given all the current plans.

i admit we have 4 months until July so i'm hoping for some more Who guests but a single big announcement is probably gonna annoy just as many people as it would satisfy 

yes i hope for at least one big doctor (Tennant Eccleston Capaldi Eg )or companion

18 minutes ago, LSmith said:

yes i hope for at least one big doctor (Tennant Eccleston Capaldi Eg )or companion

Tennant would be a great land for me as i could easily have him on my Series 4 or my "The Day of the Doctor" so he'd be paired with the slowly growing cast of Series 4 and have the "Ultimate" (I use quotation marks because i'm not a "Fan" who believes the show is only Tennant and Smith) and have him with Matt Smith on that set.

but really i'm after some more small time guests at this point i've already named everyone from "Temple of Doom" and "The Last Crusade" who've done doctor who and could therefore be perfect guests to get on two Indiana Jones anniversary's, or even a companion i've not met from the classic days (Which at this point is just Lala Ward, Mark Strikson and Nicolya Bryant from those who are doing events, otherwise i'd list Annekke Wills and Jean Marsh) or maybe some who've done the odd story here and there. 

28 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

Okay i'm home so i can say more.

this is a big guest for the event which is undeniable and will more than likely be the big headliner for the event and after however many cons of having Big Doctor who guests as the headliners it makes sense to have someone else, and personally i hope this shuts up people who constantly complain about them "Always" getting Doctor who guests even tho the rule of thumb is basically every UK actor has done something Doctor who, but the begging for Joseph Quinn and Jenna Ortega crowd wont stop until both are announced and complained that they couldn't meet them due to high demand, can't win.

now as a Doctor who fan personally was hoping for someone from that neck of the woods, and really maybe have some smaller ones to go with a bigger announcement to pad the numbers a little, IE would have been nice to see a few names crop up here and there, and i've seen Catherine Tate get announced elsewhere and a few i'm after at an event in Birmingham, but these are financially impossible for me to get to given all the current plans.

i admit we have 4 months until July so i'm hoping for some more Who guests but a single big announcement is probably gonna annoy just as many people as it would satisfy 

Not a contradiction of what you said, quite the opposite. He's a massive guest, and a definate headliner and this would be only his 2nd appearance in the UK in 20 years. And if I hadn't got him last year, He would have been the main guest for me this year as it stands. So I'm glad for the wallet that i dont need him now,  

Actually the number one guest out of any franchise I want to meet is Ray Winstone. If you check most guest request pages, there I am chipping away, but lets not get side tracked. 

I still think we were supposed to get a Doctor Who guest tonight, but for whatever reason they weren't announced, as @LSmithshowed there were two spots on the title page reserved, and only one announcement so maybe the contracts werent ready or there was a snag

As you say we have 4 months, so plenty of time to go. And I'm already ahead of last summer in how many Doctor Who guests I want to meet, although one of those I want for Indiana Jones

16 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

Not a contradiction of what you said, quite the opposite. He's a massive guest, and a definate headliner and this would be only his 2nd appearance in the UK in 20 years. And if I hadn't got him last year, He would have been the main guest for me this year as it stands. So I'm glad for the wallet that i dont need him now,  

Actually the number one guest out of any franchise I want to meet is Ray Winstone. If you check most guest request pages, there I am chipping away, but lets not get side tracked. 

I still think we were supposed to get a Doctor Who guest tonight, but for whatever reason they weren't announced, as @LSmithshowed there were two spots on the title page reserved, and only one announcement so maybe the contracts werent ready or there was a snag

As you say we have 4 months, so plenty of time to go. And I'm already ahead of last summer in how many Doctor Who guests I want to meet, although one of those I want for Indiana Jones

yep there still there those spots so there hopefully next week or week after

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

Tennant would be a great land for me as i could easily have him on my Series 4 or my "The Day of the Doctor" so he'd be paired with the slowly growing cast of Series 4 and have the "Ultimate" (I use quotation marks because i'm not a "Fan" who believes the show is only Tennant and Smith) and have him with Matt Smith on that set.

but really i'm after some more small time guests at this point i've already named everyone from "Temple of Doom" and "The Last Crusade" who've done doctor who and could therefore be perfect guests to get on two Indiana Jones anniversary's, or even a companion i've not met from the classic days (Which at this point is just Lala Ward, Mark Strikson and Nicolya Bryant from those who are doing events, otherwise i'd list Annekke Wills and Jean Marsh) or maybe some who've done the odd story here and there. 

Same, it would be nice to get some actors with smaller roles, and especially actors and actresses from the classic era whilst they are available and willing. Whether some of them are more suited to the film fairs or the main show, it would be nice to see them, especially as other shows are finding these first time signers.

I know this doesnt stop them appearing, but I believe Lalla Ward now resides in Hong Kong and Mark Strikson, New Zealand

And a fun fact, Mark Strikson, is the man who discovered the Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin

15 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

Plenty of time to go. But I reckon sooner rather than later

So we have a small obscure guest even, in this case we have Andy Lanning who was one of the writers of "Follow that TARDIS!" a comic from Doctor Who Magazine issue number 147 released around the time of Season 25, and like i said extremely obscure, but i've looked it up and the issue isn't that expensive so i'm tempted to get it for this event to have it signed.

Andy-Lanning-Base-Image-Summer-2024.jpg

he like many comic guests is attending the entire weekend.

Same, it would be nice to get some actors with smaller roles, and especially actors and actresses from the classic era whilst they are available and willing. Whether some of them are more suited to the film fairs or the main show, it would be nice to see them, especially as other shows are finding these first time signers.

I know this doesnt stop them appearing, but I believe Lalla Ward now resides in Hong Kong and Mark Strikson, New Zealand

Whilst we have other events for smaller guests it is also nice for LFCC to get some who maybe might not be available for the smaller events or possibly their agent wouldn't allow such an appearance to take place at what can be considered a small event, as i know the actors and what not would do it, but the agents wouldn't let them as they can't charge big money.

as for Ward and Strikson i'm hoping that they get announced one day, especially Strikson as i like many other fans have been robed of an appearance for reasons that have yet to be named, so i'm hoping he is rebooked somewhere this year that i can get him, as for Ward it would be nice to finally meet her, i have one of the her signatures on "Neverland" but this was one i just happened to find on Ebay when i was after said CD, it was like £5 more than most copies and i thought at that price i might as well, but i would want her on a DVD probably either "Destiny of the Daleks", "City of Death" or "Warriors Gate" and for Blu Ray "Shada" Steelbook as that would be one of the two big additions that i could possibly land for that set, especially as i do have Leeson on it.

1 hour ago, D-C-A said:

Whilst we have other events for smaller guests it is also nice for LFCC to get some who maybe might not be available for the smaller events or possibly their agent wouldn't allow such an appearance to take place at what can be considered a small event, as i know the actors and what not would do it, but the agents wouldn't let them as they can't charge big money.

as for Ward and Strikson i'm hoping that they get announced one day, especially Strikson as i like many other fans have been robed of an appearance for reasons that have yet to be named, so i'm hoping he is rebooked somewhere this year that i can get him, as for Ward it would be nice to finally meet her, i have one of the her signatures on "Neverland" but this was one i just happened to find on Ebay when i was after said CD, it was like £5 more than most copies and i thought at that price i might as well, but i would want her on a DVD probably either "Destiny of the Daleks", "City of Death" or "Warriors Gate" and for Blu Ray "Shada" Steelbook as that would be one of the two big additions that i could possibly land for that set, especially as i do have Leeson on it.

Strikson would be amazing 

8 hours ago, LSmith said:

Strikson would be amazing 

It took me three attempts to get him on my Light at the End boxset, as i forgot it twice when meeting him. In my defence for the 2nd on I'd flown back from holiday the day before and only realised when I was on train to the convention I hadn't packed it. I made the joke that third time lucky when I did get it signed, and he joked that he shouldn't sign it to teach me a lesson

On 3/6/2024 at 8:03 AM, D-C-A said:

Judging by the big hype my guess is it has to be someone big from the new series so:

• Christopher Eccleston
  • John Barrowman
  • David Tennant
  • Freema Agyeman
  • Catherine Tate
  • David Morrisey
  • Matt Smith
  • Karen Gillian
  • Arthur Darvil
  • Alex Kingston
  • Jenna Coleman
  • Peter Capaldi
  • Pearl Mackie
  • Matt Lucas
  • David Bradley
  • Jodie Whitaker
  • Mandip Gil
  • Tosin Cole
  • Bradley Walsh
  • John Bishop

and yes that’s a list and a half not even counting spin offs.

Plus a load of them cover a bunch of series not just Doctor who, David Bradley for example, would cover Harry Potter (ew) and Game of Thrones as well, Bradley Walsh for just being him, David Morrisey would be a big draw for the walking dead crowd which is still popular apparently.

i do hope for at least one of these

7 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

It took me three attempts to get him on my Light at the End boxset, as i forgot it twice when meeting him. In my defence for the 2nd on I'd flown back from holiday the day before and only realised when I was on train to the convention I hadn't packed it. I made the joke that third time lucky when I did get it signed, and he joked that he shouldn't sign it to teach me a lesson

Anywhere that gets him would be fantastic, I've three items i desperately want him on, which is the same for Fielding if only two over lapping items, and like you i'm desperate for him on my "The Light at the end" as he's one of two on that spread i dont have, and the more i complete said set the better.

I've got a theory boiling somewhere this year may see Louise Jameson which i am hopping for greatly for a number of reasons.

as it is i'm an hour off being paid then i'm gonna start sorting things out for July, including hotel, tickets and the first photo which Garrick Hagon is gonna be one of the random guests i'm choosing as i already have his signature on all but a Season 9 boxset, that said assuming they announce a few certain Comic guests IE Jeff Cummins and Jessica Martin i have devised a cunning plan to be able to have photos with them both

Well this day has gone to pot, the signing tickets are sold out, i've been charged (and refunded but thats gonna take 8 days) for a hotel that i didn't even wish to reserve, so i'm down £650

UPDATE:

money came back booked a better hotel and cheaper, booked con tickets, preordered a Season 15 signed by Tom Baker and John Leeson, adjusted a few things and yeah all sorted.

12 hours ago, D-C-A said:

Anywhere that gets him would be fantastic, I've three items i desperately want him on, which is the same for Fielding if only two over lapping items, and like you i'm desperate for him on my "The Light at the end" as he's one of two on that spread i dont have, and the more i complete said set the better.

I've got a theory boiling somewhere this year may see Louise Jameson which i am hopping for greatly for a number of reasons.

as it is i'm an hour off being paid then i'm gonna start sorting things out for July, including hotel, tickets and the first photo which Garrick Hagon is gonna be one of the random guests i'm choosing as i already have his signature on all but a Season 9 boxset, that said assuming they announce a few certain Comic guests IE Jeff Cummins and Jessica Martin i have devised a cunning plan to be able to have photos with them both

I'm down to needing India Fisher, Jean Marsh, Anneke Wills, John Dorney, Benedict Briggs Oliver Hume and Nicholas Briggs on my light at the end,

Of those, India and Nicholas would be the easiest and even then I dont hold much hope. And we know that Jean and Anneke are not going to sign. 

Now your plan to get photos with jeff Cummins and Jessica Martin. I like you but I dont think we are at the stage off giving each other alibis yet. And the less I know the better

Just now, Mfahey79 said:

I'm down to needing India Fisher, Jean Marsh, Anneke Wills, John Dorney, Benedict Briggs Oliver Hume and Nicholas Briggs on my light at the end,

Of those, India and Nicholas would be the easiest and even then I dont hold much hope. And we know that Jean and Anneke are not going to sign. 

Now your plan to get photos with jeff Cummins and Jessica Martin. I like you but I dont think we are at the stage off giving each other alibis yet. And the less I know the better

Hopefully You will take that as a rather bad taste joke

7 hours ago, D-C-A said:

UPDATE:

money came back booked a better hotel and cheaper, booked con tickets, preordered a Season 15 signed by Tom Baker and John Leeson, adjusted a few things and yeah all sorted.

Thats all good then, at least it was resolved pretty quickly

7 hours ago, D-C-A said:

UPDATE:

I booked mine before christmas, struggled to find somewhere that was a) easy walking to and from venue b) a decent price and c) somewhere that didnt look or had reviews that made me afraid I'd either catch something, or worse.

Some of the reviews I read about the hotels did make me wonder how on earth they were still in business or not shut down

1 hour ago, Mfahey79 said:

I booked mine before christmas, struggled to find somewhere that was a) easy walking to and from venue b) a decent price and c) somewhere that didnt look or had reviews that made me afraid I'd either catch something, or worse.

Some of the reviews I read about the hotels did make me wonder how on earth they were still in business or not shut down

I think given that I get paid rather handsomely (inspite of being less than so) I can afford to splash a decent chunk of change for a nice nearby hotel, as one hotel I did was quite bad in that the plugs didn’t work properly because of awful fitting, and thus I learned cheap cheap isn’t the way to go, and with a pay in 3 I’ll have it paid off before June which is my last pay check before July where I’m hoping May will be a good month for the money.

1 hour ago, Mfahey79 said:

No no of course not, just when I text a thumbs up release the people who are being taken care off without their consent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mfahey79 said:Of those, India and Nicholas would be the easiest and even then I dont hold much hope. And we know that Jean and Anneke are not going to sign.

Personally I do think Anneke will likely do a small event at some point in the future but not a LFCC or such but a smaller event where she knows people will be attending mostly for her, but time will tell, as for Marsh yeah that boat has sailed, if she ever did it would raise the old question in this form of Morality.

and we do have a lot of moral questions as hunters, and whilst we’ve discussed it, personally if they did get Noel Clarke (to which I’d lead a boycott asking for his attendance cancellation) I wouldn’t get him on anything because I do believe that the lack of a conviction isn’t any proof of innocence, and would have me wondering about if any event would be so morally bankrupt to book such a guest.

35 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

I think given that I get paid rather handsomely (inspite of being less than so) I can afford to splash a decent chunk of change for a nice nearby hotel, as one hotel I did was quite bad in that the plugs didn’t work properly because of awful fitting, and thus I learned cheap cheap isn’t the way to go, and with a pay in 3 I’ll have it paid off before June which is my last pay check before July where I’m hoping May will be a good month for the money.

I quite like the Hilton, and managed to justify the price for a couple of years, more for the convenience of being right next to the venue, but when the price shot up by nearly 100% from one year to the next, then it wasnt worth it. There are some good hotels within about 10-15 minute walk from the venue. I managed to find one last year, that was just of Earls Court and it's many restaruants. And off course it's TARDIS outside of the station

Give me a clean room, air con in the summer (learnt the hard way) and I'm happy

Edited by Mfahey79

30 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

Personally I do think Anneke will likely do a small event at some point in the future but not a LFCC or such but a smaller event where she knows people will be attending mostly for her, but time will tell, as for Marsh yeah that boat has sailed, if she ever did it would raise the old question in this form of Morality.

and we do have a lot of moral questions as hunters, and whilst we’ve discussed it, personally if they did get Noel Clarke (to which I’d lead a boycott asking for his attendance cancellation) I wouldn’t get him on anything because I do believe that the lack of a conviction isn’t any proof of innocence, and would have me wondering about if any event would be so morally bankrupt to book such a guest.

I wouldnt give any convention the time or money if they booked Noel Clarke, exactly the same as Nicholas Brendan from Buffy. Like you I would question the sanity and ethics of the convention booking either of them.

And by not giving that convention money, I mean for that event they book them for and all future events

Edited by Mfahey79

5 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

I wouldnt give any convention the time or money if they booked Noel Clarke, exactly the same as Nicholas Brendan from Buffy. Like you I would question the sanity and ethics of the convention booking either of them.

And by not giving that convention money, I mean for thae event they book them for and all future events

Saying that, I do have autographs from both, but before any thing came out about either of them. So my conscience is clear in that regards.