Doctor who guests (LFCC 2023)

D-C-A

7 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

I think if Millie was to do an event it would likely be an this show as that would be more Promotional as a global event as opposed to LFCC which is a UK based one, Tennant would be a nice return as his name on my Series 4 at this time would mean a massive step up, but really if we're talking big name that isn't a doctor i'm hoping for Freema but i couldn't decide what set i'd chose Series 3 or Series 4 as the former is her Year as the main companion, but the Latter would be great to have with Catherine Tate, but now with Billie Piper on Series 2 maybe have each companion for their years maybe.

I have a feeling @LSmithis right we will get Mille before the years out, I think her time in the show is done, so she will be free to do conventions. 

Although as I surmised earlier, the summer show will either be mid way through the new season, or if the season starts 1st week in May. the finale will be the saturday of the show. 

It does mean I would want all the guest actors from this season for the winter show to give us a chance of getting them on boxsets

9 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

They will never go away, and i've said it before and will continue to say it after the last two times i fear if he's ever re booked as the last two times were an over crowded mess for over whelmed staff to what i observed to be disrespectful behaviour (Towards fellow Attendees not guests) from fans who seemed rude towards people trying to go about their day, but maybe now the hype has died down since Stranger Things Series 4 we may be more safe, but i heard a rumour he may come back which will just add Diesel to the Inferno.

Now he's doing a Marvel film, I think we wont be seeing him at a uk event for a fair while, and if anything rather than his price coming down, will actually increase

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mfahey79 said:

I have a feeling @LSmithis right we will get Mille before the years out, I think her time in the show is done, so she will be free to do conventions. 

Although as I surmised earlier, the summer show will either be mid way through the new season, or if the season starts 1st week in May. the finale will be the saturday of the show. 

It does mean I would want all the guest actors from this season for the winter show to give us a chance of getting them on boxsets

I can see them getting Bonnie Langford back for another show, and at the same time i can even see Karl Collins return, which i'm guessing he would as he is bound to turn up in series 14 as i'm guessing he would be an easier secure than Catherine Tate to have.

which on a side note i think they've written themselves into a corner by having 14 on earth as that means that people will question why he's not helping 15 and getting him would be pandering too much and could be viewed as having no faith in our current Doctor.

6 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

Should their be an update i will post an Amendment to the info i have listed here, this isn't the first time such an error has been made by Showmasters in relation to Glover, who I've just realised like Baker and McCoy has become part of the Furniture with LFCC events as he's always announced now

LIke Kenny Baker, Jeremy Bulloch and Dave Prowse it will be a sad day indeed when we dont see them at a Showmasters event. And I know you are not one of them, but to the people complaining they are always there. I never see them with an empty queue

1 minute ago, Mfahey79 said:

LIke Kenny Baker, Jeremy Bulloch and Dave Prowse it will be a sad day indeed when we dont see them at a Showmasters event. And I know you are not one of them, but to the people complaining they are always there. I never see them with an empty queue

With Colin it amazes me how involved with the show he gets even tho he was fired from the series, he has done the most features outside of his time on the show and i think is the only Doctor to do a Fantom Commentary CD, of course i can't find a Bulloch or a Prowse Doctor signature anywhere which annoys me.

it will be a sad day of course, and Rn i'm basically only 4 items off of having Julian Glover on everything i can, and that does sadden me, as at this point i already have the photo.

7 minutes ago, Mfahey79 said:

Now he's doing a Marvel film, I think we wont be seeing him at a uk event for a fair while, and if anything rather than his price coming down, will actually increase

Good lord i hadn't considered this, QUICK PANIC, nail the crooked wood over the doors and windows.

but in all seriousness it would be a logistics nightmare to deal with if this was the case, because whilst i have no interest the previous crowd was already a nightmare to contend with imagine one combined with a Marvel crowd if the film is successful, even Mr Kruger would say its a nightmare.

they would need a lot of Security for this is all i'm saying, mostly for Crowd control, but i guess the "Horror" stories from fans who will undoubtedly complain about the prices, and the fact they waited for many hours and didn't meet him, that will be entertaining to read.

4 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

I can see them getting Bonnie Langford back for another show, and at the same time i can even see Karl Collins return, which i'm guessing he would as he is bound to turn up in series 14 as i'm guessing he would be an easier secure than Catherine Tate to have.

which on a side note i think they've written themselves into a corner by having 14 on earth as that means that people will question why he's not helping 15 and getting him would be pandering too much and could be viewed as having no faith in our current Doctor.

He'll be like Donna, always on holiday when things happen so he 'misses' it.

Like you David's time has come and gone, and they should leave his Doctor where he is. And as you say, by keep coming back to him will just be lazy and you hit the nail on the head that is says they have no faith in Ncuti.

That said, I wouldn't be adverse to them building over the course of 2 or 3 seasons a big bad that needs Ncuti to call on several past regenerations and not just David. But lets not run back to David so quickly please

Again rn cause i think the comment was buried i really want Janet Fielding to be announced, and in many ways i'm hoping by "Big" show-masters means a load of names instead of a single bigger guest, because that way we have a better chance of getting more names.

and again this year is the 35th anniversary and the 40th anniversary of two of the most beloved films of the 1980s which have a few Doctor who names amongst them, i mean yes please.

9 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

With Colin it amazes me how involved with the show he gets even tho he was fired from the series, he has done the most features outside of his time on the show and i think is the only Doctor to do a Fantom Commentary CD, of course i can't find a Bulloch or a Prowse Doctor signature anywhere which annoys me.

it will be a sad day of course, and Rn i'm basically only 4 items off of having Julian Glover on everything i can, and that does sadden me, as at this point i already have the photo.

Colin has every right to be disenfranchised with the series, but I guess he sees it as it wasnt the show that shafted him, it was one man with a vendetta against the show. The outpouring of love from the fans since, and especially with Big Finish, justifies him sticking with the show. 

Your next challenge then is to get Julian Glover on a photo of every franchise he has appeared in

12 minutes ago, D-C-A said:

I dont actually have Jeremy on a Doctor Who image, I have him on a Robin of Sherwood, and Star Wars. Just not Doctor Who

10 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

Colin has every right to be disenfranchised with the series, but I guess he sees it as it wasnt the show that shafted him, it was one man with a vendetta against the show. The outpouring of love from the fans since, and especially with Big Finish, justifies him sticking with the show. 

Your next challenge then is to get Julian Glover on a photo of every franchise he has appeared in

I feel like I’m the only one who likes his coat and has never had an issue with him on screen (beyond the first story he did as the Doctor), and it’s great he’s always been open to doing more for the Franchise especially with Big Finish letting him stretch his range and I’d say he gets to have the best funny moments from the stories I’ve heard.

As for Glover I’m more than likely gonna get the four items I need signed and then likely get a Print of each character he played for an Album but that’s a maybe

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LSmith said:

any last guesses for later?

Judging by the big hype my guess is it has to be someone big from the new series so:

• Christopher Eccleston
  • John Barrowman
  • David Tennant
  • Freema Agyeman
  • Catherine Tate
  • David Morrisey
  • Matt Smith
  • Karen Gillian
  • Arthur Darvil
  • Alex Kingston
  • Jenna Coleman
  • Peter Capaldi
  • Pearl Mackie
  • Matt Lucas
  • David Bradley
  • Jodie Whitaker
  • Mandip Gil
  • Tosin Cole
  • Bradley Walsh
  • John Bishop

and yes that’s a list and a half not even counting spin offs.

Plus a load of them cover a bunch of series not just Doctor who, David Bradley for example, would cover Harry Potter (ew) and Game of Thrones as well, Bradley Walsh for just being him, David Morrisey would be a big draw for the walking dead crowd which is still popular apparently.

As for faces I want invited back

Frazer Hines is topping my list as I would want him on more stuff, examples like “The Ice Warriors”, “The War Games” and “The Two Doctors”.

Anita Dobson was super Friendly and by all accounts I could do with getting her on my “Blood of the Daleks” Part 1.

Janet Fielding I’ve already mentioned and thus I shan’t beat John Wiles… I mean the dead horse.

Peter Purves and Maureen O’Brien are a double act I want back for most of the same items but Purves in particular to get on my CD of “The Celestial Toymaker” so I can have him with Jackie Lane and then I’ll have him Combo’d with basically every TV companion I can sans William Russell, Maureen I want on “The Romans” for that reason as I have Russell on that cover.

11 hours ago, D-C-A said:

We start off with Colin Baker who is best known to Doctor who fans as the sixth incarnation of the time-lord appearing from "The Twin Dilemma" to "The Trail of the Timelord", but he also made an early debut in the 5th Doctor Story "Arc of Infinity" where he gunned down the incumbent for the role, before he finally returned on screen in "The Power of the Doctor".

ColinBakerWeb.png

For his Signature on his stories you'll need "Arc of Infinity" DVD or the Season 20 Boxset, and the for his era "The Twin Dilemma" to "The Trial of a timelord" or the box-sets for Seasons 22&23, and "The Power of the Doctor" or the corresponding steelbook The 2022 specials, plus "Revelation of the Daleks" is featured in The Davros Collection Boxset.

however Mr Baker also has other credits that are not as obvious, the original CD Printing for "The Macra Terror" and the more recent DVD/Blu Ray Release features his narration of the missing adventure, he is present on "Built for War" a special feature on "The Sontaron Experiment" DVD (Also featured on the Season 12 boxset) Where he makes a curious remark about a Beloved Radio DJ who taught me about blindfolds and milking cows, an appearance on the special edition of "The Enemy of the World", and on "The Five Doctors" 25th Anniversary Edition.

he is attending on the weekend and is £25 for an autograph or a Photo, and will likely be offering a TARDIS photo for £35.

Personally on this occasion i will be going for my steelbook of "The Macra Terror" for an odd or Unique item.

Also their is a great joke in here that I’m sad no one has seen.

Actually maybe In way of a big guest is it possible we may finally get to see a rebooking of John Simm after Collector-mania got cancelled last year as they rebooked a few of the guests for Winter but maybe they want Simm as the headliner for the July event.

if so that would be great as then I could have both Jacobi and Simm on my Series 3 boxset, and I would hands down pay for that Diamond Pass.

3 hours ago, LSmith said:

any last guesses for later?

I think @D-C-A pretty much covered it with his list. But if I had to guess I reckon it would be Christopher Eccleston.

But would love most if not all of his list to make an appearance 

2 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

Hopefully that's a minimum and theres more than that. Bit greedy I know

Bloody impressive guest thats for sure, just not Doctor Who, and if I hadnt met him last year then I would be getting David Boreanaz's diamond pass

Makes me wonder if there was supposed to be another guest as well, and they couldnt confirm them tonight

Just now, Mfahey79 said:

Bloody impressive guest thats for sure, just not Doctor Who, and if I hadnt met him last year then I would be getting David Boreanaz's diamond pass

Makes me wonder if there was supposed to be another guest as well, and they couldnt confirm them tonight

It’s a hell of a guest im just hoping that it shuts up the crowd a little who complain about no one big.

Okay i'm home so i can say more.

this is a big guest for the event which is undeniable and will more than likely be the big headliner for the event and after however many cons of having Big Doctor who guests as the headliners it makes sense to have someone else, and personally i hope this shuts up people who constantly complain about them "Always" getting Doctor who guests even tho the rule of thumb is basically every UK actor has done something Doctor who, but the begging for Joseph Quinn and Jenna Ortega crowd wont stop until both are announced and complained that they couldn't meet them due to high demand, can't win.

now as a Doctor who fan personally was hoping for someone from that neck of the woods, and really maybe have some smaller ones to go with a bigger announcement to pad the numbers a little, IE would have been nice to see a few names crop up here and there, and i've seen Catherine Tate get announced elsewhere and a few i'm after at an event in Birmingham, but these are financially impossible for me to get to given all the current plans.

i admit we have 4 months until July so i'm hoping for some more Who guests but a single big announcement is probably gonna annoy just as many people as it would satisfy 

2 hours ago, Mfahey79 said:

not someone i care about but if it makes a lot of people happy then i am ok with tonight