Best hotel to stay

Hi some of you may remember me from LFCC 2014 when I basically spammed that forum about former Impact Knockout Brooke Adams :D who attended that convention.

im now finally able to come to another big convention and am now in the process of booking to attend DST 2018 as I am a big Trek fan .  I know what ticket package I’m getting (the £299 commander package as it includes 5 autographs & photos in the packages apart from photos with the guests) but am now sorting a hotel as too much hassle to keep travelling to & from Greater Manchester.

so what hotels are best to stay in,  obviously has to be as cheap as possible 

There are many. The obvious one is the Hilton. That’s where the parties that are included in your package are held and where a lot of the guests stay. It isn’t cheap though. There are a couple of others nearby that again are expensive. They all know what events are on at the NEC and prices do tend to go up. What a lot of people do is stay at one of the many cheap hotels that are near train stations but are far enough away to still be cheap. That way you can just go a couple of stops on the train to the NEC. I don’t know specifically which ones apply to this but there really are a vast number. 

Thank you to those who have given reccomendations.  Me & my dad (who is my carer as I’m autistic) looked at hotels for me to stay in and the hotel that has been booked  this morning is the Birmingham Airport travelodge which is only about 1.3 miles from the NEC.  Dad thought it was the best as the price in my budget for the hotel includes breakfast & WiFi 

Edited by brooketessmacherfan

5 minutes ago, brooketessmacherfan said:

Thank you to those who have given reccomendations.  Me & my dad (who is my carer as I’m autistic) looked at hotels for me to stay in and the hotel that has been booked  this morning is the Birmingham Airport travelodge which is only about 1.3 miles from the NEC.  Dad thought it was the best as the price in my budget for the hotel includes breakfast & WiFi 

Brilliant. Glad you got it all sorted out. Enjoy the convention!

Thank you and I intend. Been a Trekkie since I was a teenager (turned 41 in June) and watching the Trek films & the various tv shows has helped me though very tough times in my life,  especially the past 10yrs after I got diagnosed with autism (Aspergers Syndrome)  which I have good & bad days with,  plus 6yrs ago I lost my mum to a brain tumour.  Watching Star Trek (and of course wrestling) soon gets me feeling better when I’m having a bad day 

so excited to be attending my first Trek Convention 

Just now, brooketessmacherfan said:

Thank you and I intend. Been a Trekkie since I was a teenager (turned 41 in June) and watching the Trek films & the various tv shows has helped me though very tough times in my life,  especially the past 10yrs after I got diagnosed with autism (Aspergers Syndrome)  which I have good & bad days with,  plus 6yrs ago I lost my mum to a brain tumour.  Watching Star Trek (and of course wrestling) soon gets me feeling better when I’m having a bad day 

so excited to be attending my first Trek Convention 

Hope you have a great time at the convention, and enjoy meeting all the guests :thumbup:

6 minutes ago, brooketessmacherfan said:

Thank you,  I’m especially looking forward to meeting Jeri Ryan & Kate Mulgrew 

My advice would be to get there as early as you can and grab VQ tickets for their autographs. You may even be able to get an extra help pass due to your condition. That will allow you 5 minutes early access to get even lower VQ numbers. I say this because they will both be very popular guests especially Kate who is only there for a "limited time" each day and we have no idea yet how long or short that will be.

15 minutes ago, Ravogd said:

My advice would be to get there as early as you can and grab VQ tickets for their autographs. You may even be able to get an extra help pass due to your condition. That will allow you 5 minutes early access to get even lower VQ numbers. I say this because they will both be very popular guests especially Kate who is only there for a "limited time" each day and we have no idea yet how long or short that will be.

Thank you for this advice.  Yes I know already Kate is only at the convention for a limited time on the days she’s attending.  Will get their autographs ASAP at the convention

Edited by brooketessmacherfan