Star Trek Reunion at Collectormania or LFACC

Does anyone know how hard it is to get Jennifer to come to a con?

As mentioned before.. she is possible but rare.. Don't really know why as I don't think she is doing a great deal of work..

Out of all the events I have been to in the last 3 years, I have seen her once..

Even then it was a fleeting visit for 2 hours signing on one day of a 3 day con in Vegas. She didn't do a spot on stage and wasn't very communicative..

I have seen her listed as a guest at one other con last year.. don't know if she made it though..

I would love her to come to one of these shows and see her in an environement where there is not so much pressure simply to sign and can actually get a chance to 'meet' the fans.. but there again, perhaps that is exactly not what she wants.. I don't know..

For TOS - William Shatner and Nichelle Nicholls - I am sure you could get both of them to come over!!!!

I think that Nichols truly HATES Shatner, and is unlikely to even want to be in the same space-time continnum as him, let alone the same room!

If you get the special edition DVD of Undiscovered Country, there's a clip of Nichelle doing an interview on set. She talks about a scene she did with Shatner (I think the inter-racial kiss from TOS) and you can see and feel the hatred as she mentions his name.

But then none of the other cast like him either, and neither do we! :P

As far as I know, only Nimoy has made peace with the Fat Git. :P

Respect

Admiral Bear

Jackewing98, that sounds like quite a collection you've got! How do you collect the signatures, I mean, on personal items/cast photos/individual photos? Just wondering. :wub:

I collect them on individual photos which I usually buy at the event. I have several nice presentation folders which I place them in for prosperity. My favourite ones get placed in a frame and hung on the wall etc..

I don't get personall items signed, this may sound starnge, however I like to keep items that I buy in really good condition. So books and DVDs etc are nice a clean and don't have writing on! That's just me though.

For TOS - William Shatner and Nichelle Nicholls - I am sure you could get both of them to come over!!!!

I think that Nichols truly HATES Shatner, and is unlikely to even want to be in the same space-time continnum as him, let alone the same room!

If you get the special edition DVD of Undiscovered Country, there's a clip of Nichelle doing an interview on set. She talks about a scene she did with Shatner (I think the inter-racial kiss from TOS) and you can see and feel the hatred as she mentions his name.

But then none of the other cast like him either, and neither do we! :D

As far as I know, only Nimoy has made peace with the Fat Git. :D

Respect

Admiral Bear

Why do the cast hate him so? :wub::lol:

"Assimilate this!" - Worf, Star Trek First Contact

But then none of the other cast like him either, and neither do we! ;)

As far as I know, only Nimoy has made peace with the Fat Git. :yoda:

Respect

Admiral Bear

R U SURE?

cos i was at a con last weekend with nichelle and she talked about shatner and said that he was a great director. she made some jokes and told the story of the interracial kiss (him looking cross eyed etc..). i didn't see any hatred none so ever.

perhaps they made piece or something. didn't get her autograph though due to her health. her arm was hurting after signing about 1500 autographs so they made her stop. she wanted to continue but stopped eventually. but it's unlikely nichelle would come to collectormania.

although she did have to sign 600 auto's in 3 hours due to the stupid planning of the event so no wonder her arm hurt. at collectormania the actors can make time for fans and sign not even 600 a day. so on the other hand she might come. dunno we'll have to wait and see.

but i hope they will get a ds9 guest like nana, terry or colm. prob. not

Edited by martine

But then none of the other cast like him either, and neither do we! ;)

As far as I know, only Nimoy has made peace with the Fat Git. :P

Respect

Admiral Bear

Why do the cast hate him so? :lol::lol:

"Assimilate this!" - Worf, Star Trek First Contact

The rest of the TOS cast hate Shatner. . .It's legendary in Star Trek history.

He was and still is rude, egotistical and utterly obnoxious.

There was a tv documentary in the UK shown last year on what the cast had been doing since TOS.

Although none of them admitted it on camera, it was made quite clear during the programme that cast didn't get on with Shatner at all and most of them still don't.

Shatner even said on the show that he had no idea they all couldn't stand him, and I believe he even apologised if I remember correctly.

And if you don't believe any of the above, just meet him yourself and see what an arrogant pig he is. . . .I have.

Respect

Admiral Bear

And if you don't believe any of the above, just meet him yourself and see what an arrogant pig he is. . . .I have.

Respect

Admiral Bear

I wouldn't quite go that far.. but the above statement is impossible!!

No fan actually 'meets' him as he rarely even acknowledges you.. You might get a look or a grunt if your lucky!!

B)

Respect

Admiral Bear

I wouldn't quite go that far.. but the above statement is impossible!!

No fan actually 'meets' him as he rarely even acknowledges you.. You might get a look or a grunt if your lucky!!

B)

yeah i know he's an @ss but nichelle didn't talk about him as if she couldn't stand him that's why.

I wouldn't mind meeting him. If not for the fact that his autograph might nice to have in my collection and might be worth more when he's gone. But I want to make up my own mind about him some times a guest is just caught at the wrong moment. They all have off days at some point.

Never know if I ever get the chance to meet him may find out he is a d^%k and nothing but, but still got to see him some time just have to.

Why is it always the ones who play the captains that are so hard to get to come to these events. Just casue your a captain doesn't mean your god. ;):rolleyes::borg:

I wouldn't mind meeting him. If not for the fact that his autograph might nice to have in my collection and might be worth more when he's gone. But I want to make up my own mind about him some times a guest is just caught at the wrong moment. They all have off days at some point.

I've seen Shatner 4 times now and he must have had 4 off days then!!

I've seen Shatner 4 times now and he must have had 4 off days then!!

:rolleyes::borg:;):lol::lol::lol::lol:

Don't get me wrong.. Shatner is not nasty or anything like that.. just plain ignorant to the fans. He rarely even acknowledges that they are there when signing stuff..#

As for his stage talks.. or should I say stage SHOUTS!!!.. He's certainly a bit of an oddball when on stage and seems to think that the louder he shouts the better he is.. I'm not sure why he does it.. he's the only one that does this.. He can't seem to relax or talk calmly and answer questions properly..

Maybe he's just plain shy and this is his way of coping!!!

Don't get me wrong.. Shatner is not nasty or anything like that. . .

Oh, he is!

Dragon, weren't you at Creation's London show last year when they had Shatner?

Fan: (to Shatner) Can I have my photo taken with you?

Fat Git: No! It'll just delay me.

On top of that, he started giving yes/no answers to questions, and really couldn't be arsed. Not to mention that we got the De Kelley/muffin story AGAIN! Like we haven't heard it before!

And the signing session was a complete write off for getting any sort of reponse out of him.

I just go with spam theory myself. It's quicker, easier and much nearer the truth.

Respect

Admiral Bear

• Showmasters Admin

I'm sure with all the events SM organises it sends out at least a hundred "Please come" letters for every one "Yes" reply they get. I'm sure they try for all the ST guys and gals, but just get a lot of rejections.

I'd love it but I think it's unlikely.

Stuart.

I'm sure with all the events SM organises it sends out at least a hundred "Please come" letters for every one "Yes" reply they get. I'm sure they try for all the ST guys and gals, but just get a lot of rejections.

Not so!!!

In a recent thread about a rumour re Mark Hamil attending a future show, Showmasters categorically denied it and stated that they hadn't even approached him..

So for a much requested and high profile Star Wars actor not to have even been aproached, it does make you wonder exactly who and who have not been officialy approached..

Like the old saying goes.. If you don't ask, you don't get!!!

• Showmasters Admin

dragonmate1,

Well I didn't realise that. I just assumed they would try for everyone they could. It's a real shame that it looks like Marina Sirtis won't be coming now.

Stuart.

In a recent thread about a rumour re Mark Hamil attending a future show, Showmasters categorically denied it and stated that they hadn't even approached him..

So for a much requested and high profile Star Wars actor not to have even been aproached, it does make you wonder exactly who and who have not been officialy approached..

There's always an unofficial approach to be considered.

SM's won't tell us who they've asked to come, because if a prospective guest refuses to appear, it could harm their reputation.

I'd be very surprised if SM's haven't at least tried to get Hamill to appear, unoficially or otherwise. If he's signing again, which the rumours say he is, then they'd be stupid not try and get him.

Respect

Admiral Bear

There's always an unofficial approach to be considered.

SM's won't tell us who they've asked to come, because if a prospective guest refuses to appear, it could harm their reputation.

I'd be very surprised if SM's haven't at least tried to get Hamill to appear, unoficially or otherwise. If he's signing again, which the rumours say he is, then they'd be stupid not try and get him.

Respect

Admiral Bear

Then to that I would say its pritty anouyong when they tell you they haven't asked someone if they they may have they just don't want you to know.

As with the above (just my opinion) it makes people think they wont be asked, as they may be to hard to get hold, of they arnt wanted, or wouldn't say yes anyway. Also makes people think that SMS are never gona get them and then you get lots of upset people, for no reason at all. :unsure:;)

" like Time. There is so little and so much of it." - Oracle, "I Will Remember You" , Angle

:borg: