I Have Never.......

Raylenth

I have never dared make much noise in a library-- I feel guilty when I so much as cough. So I'm absolutely amazed and appalled by the people in my local library (where I am at this moment, stealing free wifi) who seem to think it's perfectly acceptable to have loud conversations with each other in outdoor voices, bring in food and drink (two women are actually talking and eating something really fragrant in rustling paper bags as I type this), answer their phones which never seem to be set to silent when they ring, or worse, use their phones to watch things or listen to music. And the best part? I've been coming here for over a year and not once have I ever seen a single member of staff confront anyone about their behavior. When I come here to read I usually give up and leave after a few minutes because it's impossible to concentrate. I don't mind so much when children are in the play area and they're the ones being loud, they're kids. But come on, grown people, when did libraries stop being peaceful? :(

I have never missed being shushed as much as I do now...

SHHHHH, I never heard someone so loud when a Camel is trying to sleep... :poki:

• Like 1

Had to make a decision about getting a certain chaps Autograph before, back in 2012 I was going back and forth more often than Blackadder and Baldrick in deciding how many autos to get from an actress who I greatly admired at the time.

IF I paid, then on the pro side I'd have this particular item completed... But would I then be arguing with myself about the reasoning. These days, I don't drop money lightly unless their role in whichever media has had some kind of significance - mind you at least on one of the items I'd like this actor to sign I'd have a lot of fun with it. But as another thread title goes "Break the bank"

I still have some time left to decide - guess another reason is because of how I missed out the first time I had the opportunity and wanna make up for it now.

N.B. Please excuse the ramblings of an old man - *Gets walking stick and hobbles out of thread*