Merchandise

I think in the past Amazon have had a stall where you can order box sets at what I think was a slightly discounted price (you just order the set there and it then gets delivered to your house rather than taking it away on the day). Never bought from it myself though so couldn't be sure on the prices. Programmes were £10 at the two previous uk events so I'd guess they will be about the same this time.

Other merchandise is the usual, t-shirts, action figures, models, autographs, art prints, posters and photos etc but my experience is there hasn't been huge numbers of stalls so if you are looking for things to buy that you might want to get signed it's as well to buy it before the show. There was an auction last year which sold some interesting items such as props, autographed items etc but nothing was too cheap from memory.

As for what to buy, it's down to you really. I have to be honest I think in general terms Star Trek isn't the greatest franchise to buy merchandise for, so for me it's often a case of if anything really takes my fancy.

The DVD/blu ray box sets were available from the main Amazon store last time as well. I managed to pick up all 4 seasons of Enterprise on blu ray for a very good price.

Personally I'm hoping that there will be some DSTE lanyards left on Saturday (at DSTL they sold out on the Friday!).

I second what the Count says - have a look around and see what you fancy.

Thank you, that is useful to know. Usually Amazon are expensive but if I can get a discount at the convention that would be fab. I'm after clothing mainly and plan to get plenty of autographs aswell. Any 50th stuff would be great.

What's the selection of 8x10 pics like as thinking of just bringing my own for autographs.

You probably won't know about the 8x10's until you get to the event. At Sherlocked they had a good rnge. Additionally I think this was discussed in another thread but the 8x10's you can buy at the event have Destination Star Trek printed on the front that IIRC some people said they didn't like that much. If you want 8x10's that don't have Destination Star Trek printed on the front you would have to bring your own.

Edited by Raylenth

You probably won't know about the 8x10's until you get to the event. At Sherlocked they had a good rnge. Additionally I think this was discussed in another thread but the 8x10's you can buy at the event have Destination Star Trek printed on the front that IIRC some people said they didn't like that much. If you want 8x10's that don't have Destination Star Trek printed on the front you would have to bring your own.

Do you have to buy the 8x10s on top of the autographs? They are usually included in the price.

Do you have to buy the 8x10s on top of the autographs? They are usually included in the price.

They are included free at the comic con events but at Sherlocked and I'm sure it's been mentioned that at DST as well you do have to pay for them. They were very high quality at Sherlocked though, I was very impressed with them. I think they were £3 each or they did an offer and you could get 3 or 5 for £X. Apologies but I can't remember the amount but it was cheaper if you bought a few.

It doesn't stop you bringing your own items of 8x10s though. You don't have to use theirs but you don't get them included in the auto price like you do at LFCC.

They are included free at the comic con events but at Sherlocked and I'm sure it's been mentioned that at DST as well you do have to pay for them. They were very high quality at Sherlocked though, I was very impressed with them. I think they were £3 each or they did an offer and you could get 3 or 5 for £X. Apologies but I can't remember the amount but it was cheaper if you bought a few.

It doesn't stop you bringing your own items of 8x10s though. You don't have to use theirs but you don't get them included in the auto price like you do at LFCC.

Ok thanks for letting me know. I may get some of my own of Ebay or have a look on the stalls at LFCC.