What does a standard ticket get you?

So I'm considering going with some of my friend from Ireland.

Just wondering what do I get if I just get the standard 3 day ticket.

Will I have to pay separately for the opening ceremony, evening partys or talks. I know I'd have to pay for signature or photos etc.

Also is everyone normally in costume for the party's?

Thanks

• Moderators

So I'm considering going with some of my friend from Ireland.

Just wondering what do I get if I just get the standard 3 day ticket.

Will I have to pay separately for the opening ceremony, evening partys or talks. I know I'd have to pay for signature or photos etc.

Also is everyone normally in costume for the party's?

Thanks

Standard entry tickets which include day/weekend/3 day tickets are purely entry only, you will have to pay extra for things like the opening ceremony, photos, paid for talks etc. Lieutenant upwards do include added extras, if you have a look at the Eventbrite site the details of each ticket package are detailed.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/destination-star-trek-50th-anniversary-convention-tickets-19951243707

Edited by StuartG2198

• Moderators

That's disappointing.

Any idea of the price of the extras like the party and talks?

Unfortunately nothing has been confirmed at this stage as they do vary each year, when we had the 5 captains conducting the opening ceremony it was £95 a ticket, but that was a VERY unique event. Edited by StuartG2198

That's disappointing.

Unfortunately nothing has been confirmed at this stage as they do vary each year, when we had the 5 captains conducting the opening ceremony it was £95 a ticket, but that was a VERY unique event.

The opening ceremony was £95 a ticket in 2014 too.

• Moderators

That's disappointing.

Unfortunately nothing has been confirmed at this stage as they do vary each year, when we had the 5 captains conducting the opening ceremony it was £95 a ticket, but that was a VERY unique event.

The opening ceremony was £95 a ticket in 2014 too.

Thanks Rob, I couldn't remember what it was in 2014 I thought it was similar.

That's disappointing.

There will be free guest talks available on the Voyager stage and free fan led talks on the Excelsior stage

Only major talks / panels on the Enterprise stage are paid for

As StuartG says, look at what's included in the packages. I've attended all three previous events with a package (1 gold and 2 platinum) and found them decent value and extremely useful for quick entry and talk / photoshoot access. Never underestimate the value of saving time.

• Like 1

I attended the first 2 with standard tickets and found enough to fill the days, although that includes paying extra for autographs and photos. The smaller talks are always very good and entertaining. Don't be put off because the "bigger" stars aren't there. I've gone Silver this time as it includes some stuff I wanted to do and worked out more economical to do it.