Guest Cancellation - Samuel Anderson

This is a joke 15 minutes till doors open and there is about 30 people here and 28 of them have come for him

I can understand the disappointment, but if something happens in transit to disrupt and thus prevent successful travel to a location then what can Showmasters do? There is a huge worldwide terrorist alert with today being a day when 8 locations have been pinpointed as possible targets. Security checks at transit hubs has been increased massively and until we all know the full details of what caused the travel issues then saying it is a joke is not fare on the organisers. I have been to events where guests have been in the city but taken unwell at the hotel thus preventing them from coming. Is that a joke? No, it is unfortunate.

• Like 1

A joke?

I don't know if you missed it, but Brussels has had public transportation shut down since Saturday morning. My boyfriend's parents were stuck in a restaurant for over 2 hours Friday because due to a suspicious package the area around the restaurant was all closed off by police.

I imagine the situation in the UK must be similar. So as much as I hate to say it, unfortunately the threat of terror is indeed a reason why poor Samuel may have run into a problem with travel arrangements that prevented him from coming. All it needs is him being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

• Like 1

I don't know where Samuel lives. But if he was travelling in the same morning for example it is absolutely possible that SM simply didn't find out earlier. If it was one of those suspicious package alerts those generally don't come with a warning.

Plus I am sure Samuel didn't want to disappoint his fans (and so did SM), so everyone tried to get him there in the first place before announcing a cancellation that was bound to cause just what we have now.

And had there been no announcement people would have complained about that no doubt, happened at LFACC when a cancellation announcement was made late cause no one could get online earlier and at other shows where no one could get online to announce a on the day cancellation.

I know some people think that, but SM don't keep that info back on purpose. What would be the profit of that? It just annoys people and possibly puts them off from attending events.

• Like 1

I'm sorry but to think they don't keep this sort of thing back is ridiculous. Same thing last time when Robert llwelynn cancelled, a week before the event he announces on Twitter he will be filming all next week in, I think it was, Italy, so myself and a lot of others messaged on the forum and Facebook to check if he had cancelled. To be told no he hasn't cancelled only for it to be "announced" the night before.

Edited by Queen_Sindel
part of post removed - I asked you to watch your wording before!

We'e explained the whole thing to you back then, but apparently that reply seems to be completely unacceptable. I'll repost it anyway because I am sure not everyone caught that situation back then.

Lately guests have the habit of announcing things on Twitter before the information has reached SM through official channels. SM will not cancel a guest based on Twitter info. We had it happen lately that a account posted info that seemed to clearly indicate Michael Biehn would not attend some shows. The account was fake, Michael attended.

Yes, unfortunately those official channels take sometimes longer than the social media. It is unfortunate, sometimes this leads to situation as with Robert. But this is the way things are handled. Would you like your boss fire you from your job based on a Twitter message?

As my prior request to please watch your wording when posting criticism is being once again ignored I have no other choice than to lock here now. I will leave the second thread open because obviously the need to talk about the event is still there.

• Like 2