My day at C5 - Lots and lots of photos

Went to C5 yesterday and had an excellent time, for me this was the best collectormania ever. Had a perfect day the only downer was seeing a guy really upset because he could not meet robert englund and was being hassled by showmaster staff and security, we offered him our ticket to meet robert and I think my Dad did a good job of calming the guy down and helping out the situation.

Anyway back to the good points, met everybody I came to see and everyone was really friendly but the two guys who were so great to meet were...

Leo Rossi and Clint Howard. Leo spoke to us for several minutes telling us about when he was on the set of maniac cop 2, he was really friendly and made it a great experience for us a real top guy. And as for Clint Howard, i was so excited about going to meet him and was not dissapointed, he was just so great. I took my Ice Cream man video for him to sign and he was so excited to meet fans of the film and was expressing to me and my brother how wonderful it was for us to come and meet him and bring the video, we had a bit of a chat and he was amazing, would love to see him come back in future.

Anyway click the below link and you can see some pictures of me and my brother Jon meeting all the guests at C5.

**MY PHOTOS - CLICK HERE - PHOTOS C5 - CLICK HERE!*

Cheers showmasters for a great day

Ant Bohan

That link does not take you directly to the c5 page then click www.groups.msn.com/thehousethatbohanbuilt then click the bit that says photos, then click on the C5 folder.

Let me know people if you can see the pics.

Nice pics, Bohan!

Wasn't Penny Johnson just sooooooooooooooo sweet!

I don't know what the queuing time was like for Brad, but I forgot to see him. . .that's what happens to the guests who get put down the alley away from the action! B)

Anyway, here's me and Denise. I think she faniced me :blink: She called me "Sweetie" twice. :D

crosby.jpg

Respect

Admiral Bear

Went to C5 yesterday and had an excellent time, for me this was the best collectormania ever. Had a perfect day the only downer was seeing a guy really upset because he could not meet robert englund and was being hassled by showmaster staff and security, we offered him our ticket to meet robert and I think my Dad did a good job of calming the guy down and helping out the situation.

If that was you Bohan with your father, i'd like to say THANK YOU!!! I found you and your father to be very kind. Athough my embarrassing time with security wasn't due to not seeing Robert Englund. Hassled "Is" the correct term though. although it was the "wimpy" pencilnecked guy in black. Not the other security staff who were around at the time. i'm more disgusted that a lowly wimpy guy like that could get to me the way he did. and i feel sorry for anyone who had to witness the event like that. like i was the bad guy.

Like all mis-understandings, it began by my accounts with security following around shadowing me. which i knew but wasn't bothered; as i know i'm not up to anything unreasonable, troublesome or anything like that. i was seeing the stars, being very social with people[showmasters crew], dealers and whatnot. as we've all being told. if you can't queue up you'll have to come back later. During all this there was the ticket system thing with several lines?! but not others.

i stood and talked with crew about seeing certain stars and wanted to see and talk Joe again, as nothing was going on in his line. now i don't know if it was a crew complaint, from a member of the public or a star not wanting to see me for some odd reason. but i then the pencil neck geek in the black coat came up and "harassed" me with. About at first, that i wasn't allowed this and that etc. Then he said i'll have to go in another line. [if he reads this he'll disagree but it's the truth] then i talked with showmasters crew about the ticket thing and said i'll need one to see robert right? guy in black said i'll have to go to the front booth to get one. Inwhich one of the showmasters crew corrected him and said, No we have them you'd think he would lay off. then came out with i want you to walk away etc. without revealing whyor who said what complaint about me, without having the courage to speak up and say why. [was it a crew person or star or member of the public?!] i don't know, which is why i have to clear the air and leave no doubt, to anyone who will see me again at Collectormania shows again.

Bohan, i'd like to thank you and your father for your act of kindness. i should have walked away with you lot earlier and was quite taken by the fact you wanted to return to london with me. But i didn't want to appear rude and forceful. Besides had to clear some matters up with security and showmaster's director, who says he didn't hold a grudge. As he saw for himself that i wasn't a violent man nor abusive, troublesome or anything like that. Those matters are still being worked out and no doubt. I still have to e-mail showmaster's head. as i want to sort out this matter by tomorrow.

Once again, thank you and your kind father, for the help offered. The trouble with saturday's sad affair isn't over. if a star or crew had a reason to make a complaint. i'd like to know why? because even showmaster's director said i was cool with him. And i can come back to events in the future. but i'd like to know who accused me and what for. as it created a bad end for a generally great day. i'm no cry baby, but my embarassment and frustations got the better of me, and my reaction shocked me. im disgusted at own frustations though. Not anybody else.

Bohan thank you once again. now i owe you, and your father. A huge favor.

Bohan, i'd like to thank you and your father for your act of kindness. i should have walked away with you lot earlier and was quite taken by the fact you wanted to return to london with me. But i didn't want to appear rude and forceful. Besides had to clear some matters up with security and showmaster's director, who says he didn't hold a grudge. As he saw for himself that i wasn't a violent man nor abusive, troublesome or anything like that. Those matters are still being worked out and no doubt. I still have to e-mail showmaster's head. as i want to sort out this matter by tomorrow

That's ok mate, I was wondering if you used the forum as when I left the building I was feeling quite upset and me and my dad were hoping that everything would turn out ok for you. I'm happy that you have replied on the forum and know everything is ok, you should be commended on the way you acted, because at no time did you get violent or abusive, you listed to what those security guys were saying and tried to sort everything out in a decent manner, some people would have reacted differently. I would gladly even email showmasters and tell them myself what I saw and how you presented yourself.

And I hope to see you at a future showmasters event, say hi if you see us and I hope everything turns out ok. If you need anything just email me antbohan@hotmail.com

Ant

Bohan, your a sweetheart, Thats what I love about this place, the majority op peeps will look after each other, We gave a girl a ticket to see Lij at C4, I have never seen anyone so upset before.

Megafan, I hope you sort it out, These security types seem to get a little full of themselves from time to time, at the end of the day, its up to showmasters, and I see no reason as to why you can not attend future events.

Thats terrible hun :D

I really feel for you and to be honest i had a run in with a member of security who i found to be very rude. I was quite upset by the whole thing and if i hadnt have probably cried LOL id have had a go at him back for being so crude in his way of 'dealing' with me, lack of respect for my rights or feelings and general bad PR. I dont think ive ever been so embarrassed in my life - well - i probably have but i bet i was about 5 years old lmao.

Anyway i thought he was very rude, ill mannered and unjustifyably forcefull. (sorry about going off topic but i wanted to say you werent alone)

oooh i just wanted to add thats not a reflection on all security or the event or anything apart form those 5 minutes i had a great time it just really upset me and put a downer on the whole day :blush:

Edited by Beks

And I hope to see you at a future showmasters event, say hi if you see us and I hope everything turns out ok. If you need anything just email me antbohan@hotmail.com

Ant

Thanks, i've been to Collectormania twice before. and proved that fact to the showmaster's director. i had a great day talking to the dealers and stars. I don't know who said what or had a grudge against me. If it was a star i don't know but have a pretty good idea it wasn't most of the ones i saw.

Sarah Douglas, Penny Johnson, Gates McFadden who i met for the first time. Also Ray Park* and Corin Nemec who i saw again [*since a con back 1999] were the kindest people i've had the pleasure of meeting.

Beks, Pippinssweetpants and Jen, thank you also. Anyone who did see me before the incident knew how social i was. i should also say it was really that security guy for the stars that ws the bonehead not mall security in general. i forgot to mention there was a thief who passed me and a mall security fella as i was leaving.

Thanks must also go to showmaster's director. how saw everything and me throughout the day i fathom and saw my things blown out of proportion. My guess is, he has been busy dealing with the convention as i've tried to contact him today. my only shame at the end of the day is seeing how a mere lacky of a security guy got to me. i'm no crybaby yet i'm shocked at how i reacted myself.

Bohan, if you too live in london. i'm a film fan and my friends [we're in our late 20's ] and i go to premiere's events in london. if there is a big premiere in london i'm there. i suppose if you go to london and went to leicester square you'd see the mad rush to get a poster let alone the stars at a premiere.

Anyway, Van Helsing is on Tuesday, if i see you there i could get you a poster if you want?

I agree that c5 was a great event and its great to see people hanging with the lesser guests that were there. A lot of times I walked past and they looked kinda bored.

C5 was a great success for me. Its great to meet so many familiar faces that you would never normally expect to see. Especially Joe P. He was kind enough to sign me a photo for free.

My collection of autographs has come on a tonne since Showmasters' arrival! Im more than pleased with the service they provide.

Thanks for sharing the pictures, its always nice to see.

Maybe Odeon cinema's website may cover that Skylover? best bet is to read that kind of news in empire magazine or to ask Odeon Cinemas themselves.

I know this is Bohan thread and it's meant for talk about pictures that have been taken at CM. And i responded by thanking him and his very kind and caring father. But i'd like to say in closing, about my ordeal. That i'd still like to get in contact with Showmaster's head director soon either on this website or later on. i know he is busy dealing with his convention. but i'd like to clear the air as soon as possible. So not to have another incident happen. If i don't know who made a complaint against me either it being a guest/crew/security person, etc or a member of the public. How? will i avoid another incident like this and avoid major embarisment again. I've to Collecotmania twice before, in peace with no troubles at all. and i'd hate to think. This incident will repeat itself, if i reappear and the same person who made the complaint saw me and this were to happen again, and i walked into the same situation again.

Isn't that not logical!!!

Anyway Bohan, if i need to say anything i'll use your e-mail address. i still can't thank your family enough for you act of kindness again. although i hardly post here due to convention events; being so far apart. i won't forget. I still have to get a new e-mail account sorted at home. once i get it all worked out. I'd be happy to talk about anything.

Anyway, i'm fine now people, thanks for all your concerns. Now the time to move onwards and i put the subject to bed with this last post, so please continue talking about CM and enjoy yourselves. and if anyone was to be in a similar unfortunate situation. I understand, and you have my complete understanding. BELIEVE ME i do.

Later

:wub:

I know this is Bohan thread and it's meant for talk about pictures that have been taken at CM. And i responded by thanking him and his very kind and caring father. But i'd like to say in closing, about my ordeal. That i'd still like to get in contact with Showmaster's head director soon either on this website or later on. i know he is busy dealing with his convention. but i'd like to clear the air as soon as possible. So not to have another incident happen. If i don't know who made a complaint against me either it being a guest/crew/security person, etc or a member of the public. How? will i avoid another incident like this and avoid major embarisment again. I've to Collecotmania twice before, in peace with no troubles at all. and i'd hate to think. This incident will repeat itself, if i reappear and the same person who made the complaint saw me and this were to happen again, and i walked into the same situation again.

Hey its ok you posting about what happened to you in this thread, don't worry about it. I just hope that you do manage to get in contact with the main organisers of collecormania, they will probably be busy at the moment but i expect they will reply soon after the event is finished.