Quickie about photo tickets on the day...

Normally the online shop closes a couple of weeks before the event opens, but I assume that won't happen this year? I know it was usually done in the past to give SM time to post the tickets, but obviously that isn't an issue now.

So my question is, will you leave the online shop open over the weekend so that we can buy tickets on the site whilst in the venue, thus meaning we don't have to wait in lengthy queues?

Cheers.

• Moderators

The shop is likely to close, at least for photoshoot tickets, before the event, although days rather than weeks. Logistically, selling these tickets online AND at the sales desk could cause a headache for keeping track of numbers. (And there will always be people who want to pay with cash or just don't have a smartphone for any last minute photoshoots they decide on so sales desk is needed for that)

(Watch now as the clever bods in the office come up with a way around it and I'm totally wrong...)

Edited by etmuse

The shop is likely to close, at least for photoshoot tickets, before the event. Logistically, selling these tickets online AND at the sales desk could cause a headache for keeping track of numbers. (And there will always be people who want to pay with cash or just don't have a smartphone for any last minute photoshoots they decide on so sales desk is needed for that)

Ah ok, that makes sense. So I'll be buying everything I need before the event then :D

Cheers for the quick reply.

• Moderators

It may close for entry tickets at the same time it closes for other tickets. Or it may, as was trialled in Manchester, stay open for entry tickets only throughout the event. An announcement will be made in due course.

The other problem with selling online during the event is they would need someone on the website to stop selling each ticket once the shoot for that person is over otherwise people could buy tickets for shoots that have already happened.