World's biggest thank you. An open letter

I owe a super-mega-awesome thank you to the kindest person I met at LFCC.

On Sunday morning I headed back into the city, hoping to get my Stan Lee Auto'. Upon arrival at the venue i joined the VQ, only to find I had a ticket in the high 700's.

You can imagine the feeling of disappointment that swept over me when a member of SM informed me that Stan the man had only managed to get to around 400 the day before.

After a few minutes of pacing back and fore, I decided to ask someone else already in the queue for help... I saw a sweet looking lady not too far from the entrance and took a leap.

You agreed to take in my item to have it signed, I swiftly handed my Marvel Encyclopaedia and my cash to you and sat away from the queue and preceded to wait... A couple of hours later I met you at the exit and took my book from you with the biggest smile on my face!!

It's only now after the event that I realise, I didn't even get your name!

I merely thanked you, and handed you a bottle of water and packet of crisps on the premise that you'd be hungry from all that queuing. My book was very heavy and you were doing something for me that was so amazing; the water and crisps was not enough, I should of offered you my first-born Son!

I hope you read this so you know just how happy you have made me :)

Ps. Hi, I'm Neil. :)

Edited by Alltheeights
  • Like 9

I'm really glad to hear about all the kind doings that people did this past weekend, there was still a lot of positives that people need to hear and this is one of them.

Very kind people :)

that was very nice of that lady. i too had nice thing from people. i was in a queue for Anthony Head to get an auto of him as Uther pen dragon and the girl behind me i was talking to very kindly offered me some of their bottle of water. it goes to show that although there have been complaints and grudges there have also been comments of people kind enough to help each other out this weekend and show compassion for each other.

I was number 111 in the Stan Lee queue, I should have asked someone to get my comicbook signed for me. It was a disappointing day, 10 hours waiting wasted but hearing stories like that of people kind enough to do that is great. I handed out polo mints in the queue for him that morning and everyone in the queue were so kind. I had a good chat with all the people around me. It's kind people who make conventions like last weekend's work. Thanks to that woman and everyone like her