Just checking (because I'm a newbie AND an idiot)

Okay, so this is my first convention. I have the early bird tickets and I purchased 3 photo-shoots.

So - am I right in the many various threads that I have read that I need to join Queue A before 9am to gain entrance. And once inside I basically do what I want until close to the photo-shoot times?

Now, there are numbers on the photo tickets. (150, 195 and 566). I'm guessing the two in the hundreds will be in the guests first photo-shoot and the high one will be in the second photo-shoot of the guest? When I get there, if busy, I will be given a virtual ticket to save me standing around and then I go off for a mooch and come back later when the number is called...?

The thing is - how are the numbers called? I'm guessing it's going to be pretty loud in there and my hearing isn't the best at the best of times :S Don't really want to miss out on any of the shoots.

Any clarification or confirmation of the above would be gratefully received. The whole thing seems somewhat daunting...

The Virtual tickets are for the autographs, not the photos. The photos use the numbers on the tickets and they are called by the crew member who just shouts them out. As long as you're not too far away you can usually hear them. I have a few hearing problems myself, so just try and stand next to them.

Edited by Wrong Name
  • Like 1

Thanks - I'll venture up to the Madsen and Romero at the first photo session and see what's what :)

Guessing the photo queues move pretty quicky: Hi, photo, bye, hi, photo, bye...lol

The Autograph queues usually have a small board where crew members usually write the numbers they are up to,however it's best to check as they are sometimes not updated as often as you would think ,Photo numbers are called out in batches , some not as busy guests it can be a free for all , but i suspect they will control it better this year, as long as you are there for the shoot times you wont miss it

As you're not giving the names of your guests... 566 is the second hour of a shoot. If that one is for Stan Lee for example you'd still be in the first shoot.

It's Lena Headey - the shoot in 566. The others are Michael Madsen and George Romero - nice weird mix there :P

Sure I read somewhere that 'busy' shoots tend to be batches of 500 so figured 566 would be second shoot :)