I know it's a long shot but...SKEKSIS!

At LFCC winter I was lucky enough to get a photoshoot with a Ludo suit used in the film Labyrinth.

Do the Skeksis puppets/suits from the Dark Crystal still exist, and is there any chance of a shoot with one? I love stuff like this, photos with movie magic.

Thanks.

• Like 3

They do but as you'd expect they are rather fragile now, I know that recently they've been somewhat restored. Perchance are you a fan solely within the Henson World or is it others as well?

P.S. I TOTALLY AM FOR THIS!

• Like 1

Labyrinth and Dark Crystal props absolutely have my vote! I wasn't at LFCC Winter, so a second visit of Ludo would be incredibly welcome! Skeksis, Mystics, Gelflings, Ludo, Hoggle, Goblins, Didymus... got my vote (and my money) for all of those!

• Like 2

Going a little off topic, when I was in New York at the end of April I woke up one morning and started flicking through the TV channels in my hotel room and discovered the most amazing TV show called Jim Henson's Creature Shop Challenge. It was brilliant and I hope that one day it will air here in the UK, I'd love to see all the episodes

Here's the Synopsis :-

A group of Creature Creators compete against each other to create puppets and animatronics such as those found in science fiction and children's television shows. The judges will critique the creature designs that the contestants make where the featured puppeteers will perform the creatures on the Henson Sound Stage. The contestants wait in the screening room for the verdict, and the least worthy contestant will be eliminated by Brian Henson. The winner gets $100,000 and a contract for working at Jim Henson's Creature Shop.

• Like 1

Sadly the original skeksis are in sad state i think the only one that still fully exists is the chamberlain (best one) as the others were rumoured to have been stripped bare and used for farscape :(

That is very sad. Poor skeksis :stretcher:

• 3 weeks later...

I love the skeksis and would love to see them in the rubber. OH despairs of me everytime I say "get back spithead!"

I've always wanted the Muppets do do a Q+A as well. How amazing would that be?

I love the skeksis and would love to see them in the rubber. OH despairs of me everytime I say "get back spithead!"

Well as long as it's not this year, would love it for next year.

• Like 1

Well as long as it's not this year, would love it for next year.

Their press conferences always make me laugh