Question for UK residents

dogsoldierspoon

Silly question, though. But as not all actors do conventions, I write to them as well. Since the IRC's are becoming rather worthless, I ordered some UK stamps to send a long with the letters. However, these stamps have a number on them (1 in all cases) in stead of a price. How much would that go for? And can you use these to send abroad or do you need other stamps. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I find the UK post website a bit confusing. Thanks in advance! :)

The number 1 denotes first class and covers the item being sent for normal letter rate first class post within the UK (this is separate to large letter size which is for thicker/larger letters). If items are being sent to a destination outside of the UK then the rate would be more, the rate depending on where it's being sent. The best way to check the cost of sending something from the UK is to go to http://www.royalmail.com/price-finder and put in the size/weight and destination and it will give you the applicable rates.