Considering Attending

dans34

Hello all

this will be my first convention (ever) and chances are ill be attending on my own

ive been reading the website and it seams the hotel where people stay is where the event is ? or have i got that wrong?

im wondering what to expect really ,also what to wear , if i turn up in say a costume styled like McKays

can thoose that have attended comment on what they thought about the last one ?

Thanks

Dan

Edited by dans34

I attended last years chevron, and it was my first ever con too.... I went on my own, but had a great time. People are all friendly and having been to a couple of other cons after last year....chevron was by far my favourite. Last year i didnt stay at the venue, but this year i am.

I have been attending chevron conventions for a few years now.I almost always attend on my own. i have made many friends at chevron and have always felt welcome. Everyone is realy friendly and happy to chat. its up to you if you come in costume or not. I come in a con T-shirt (not always stargate related), but i know many people who come dressed as stargate charecters. I have atended several conventions including collectormania and london film & comic con and chevron is by far the best. I usuely stay in the hotel of the convention due to health issues but several people stay in nearby hotels too. Have fun and hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Agree with all the above. It's one of the best weekends and I've made some lovely friends along the way. I'm not staying at the con hotel this year and there are several hotels within walking distance. Have fun if you decide to come.