Horror Biography Suggestions

smcelhenny

The horror forum has been unusually quiet this year!!!

I am currently debating on whether or not to buy Kane Hodder's bio Unmasked but its a very pricy 15 quid for paperback and even more for hardback but the synopsis makes it sound like it will be worth it. Does anyone have any other good horror bio recommendations to read. I have Hollywood Monster by Robert Englund which was a fun read. Does anyone know of any good lon chaney bio's too as the guy was a genius so ahead of his time.

I don't tend to read horror autobiographies, so unfortunately cannot recommend any. I tend to go for books about the films themselves, such as; Crystal Lake Memories, Monsters in the Movies, or Universal Monsters: A Legacy of Horror.

I don't tend to read horror autobiographies, so unfortunately cannot recommend any. I tend to go for books about the films themselves, such as; Crystal Lake Memories, Monsters in the Movies, or Universal Monsters: A Legacy of Horror.

I would most definitely enjoy the books on movies too, is the Universal Horror A Legacy a decent price?

I bought Robert Englund's book from the pound shop; that's the only one I have though.

Ouch, it must be quite soul sapping to see your work in a pound shop, but still good for us as it means we get them for a great price. I remember seeing one of the wrestler Mick Foley's books in the pound shop the same week as he was doing his stand up in Cardiff. Needless to say I snapped it up and got it signed.

• Like 1

I would most definitely enjoy the books on movies too, is the Universal Horror A Legacy a decent price?

I honestly can't remember. I've had it a few years now. About £20 I think? Just checked Amazon and its on there for £17.88

• Like 1

I bought Robert Englund's book from the pound shop; that's the only one I have though.

Ouch, it must be quite soul sapping to see your work in a pound shop, but still good for us as it means we get them for a great price. I remember seeing one of the wrestler Mick Foley's books in the pound shop the same week as he was doing his stand up in Cardiff. Needless to say I snapped it up and got it signed.

I've found some good suprises in the pound shop; The Last Lovecraft; Draniac; Halloween 3; Some guy who kills people; bride of chucky and several other dvds. Over Halloween they had some really good titles.

I noticed the one in Stratford I was in a few weeks ago had blurays too.

• Like 1

I remember them having the Last Lovecraft, actually quite enjoyed that film. Yeah Poundland always has some gems around Halloween. The Cardiff one had original Texas Chainsaw and Halloween 2 and Puppet Master year before that. I was gutted I didn't pick up Best of the Best when I saw it there though. I won't dwell on that too much though, if that turns out being one of my life regrets then that won't say much about my life. :whistling:

Ah I know which one you're talking about, the John Landis one, man that is one big book. It was sealed in my local works so couldn't flick through it to see what it was like. It's such a big book I don't think my book case can store it