C20 Horror Meets

GoldenGreen

Had a great day Saturday, good to chat with Indiana , hope I get to meet some more of you in the future as it's great to meet so many others that share a passion for Horror Movies.

Scout Taylor Compton was lovely, very good meet, she signed my Halloween and Halloween 2 DVDs , posed for a photo at the desk and then had the official photo later on as well, she sure was full of beans !

Judy Geeson, what a lovely lady, seemed pretty busy all day, she signed my Inseminoid DVD , which Norman J. Warren had signed and she was as complimentary about Norman as he had been about her as well. Also signed Lords of Salem DVD as well , as did Bruce Davison later who was also fantastic to meet.

Lance Henrikesen signed my Pumpkinhead DVD, lovely guy, also got the official photoshoot with him later.

Robert Englund, well, I couldn't resist going to see him again, think it's about the 5th time now, but I had just bought the A Nightmare on Elm Street Blu Ray Collection, so thought it only right I got him to sign it. From what I understand he also chipped in to get things sorted and get the Collectormania show to happen as well, so all kudos to him. As always had a great chat with him, I was trying to get his view on the remake and Jackie Earle Haley, he was of course very diplomatic and as often is the case, he knew Jackie as well, so we had a bit of Jackie Early Haley fan moment ! I think he probably got it on the button though when he said , there really was no clamour for A Nightmare on Elm Street to be remade and the studios didn't really appreciate the ongoing life a move like this has as it picks up a new fanbase from VHS to DVD and now Blu Ray. He was also given an award just before I met him, for his variety of performances, which I think was from a website / web group as well, so thoroughly deserved.

Sadly, didn't get to meet Lew Temple in the end, ran out of funds ! Although I understand he was a nice guy from what others have said.

Hope the rest of you had a good day and got some good meets and stuff signed.

Edited by GoldenGreen
  • Like 1

I attended CM20 yesterday, only to meet a couple guests. At this time of year my lack of funds prevented me to splash out.

Like you, GoldenGreen, I had to meet Robert Englund again. We had a chat about his newest and upcoming movies including his next one as soon as he leaves the UK on Tuesday to work with Fiona Dourif. I was supposed to work with Fiona on my next movie but was cancelled due to another production - now I know which one. I complimented him on his appearance with 'Come Dine With Me' which he responded by giving me vampire cross using his index fingers (he must not be proud of his peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, haha). He appeared at the Cardiff & Glasgow Showmaster events due to filming already in the UK, he was back in the UK now to view & promote the trailer. He was also nice enough to pose for a photo over the desk - something that wasn't possible at other events. I hope he comes back next year, one of my top guests!

Scout Taylor Compton was an absolute gem, very approachable and took in an interest to every person who spoke to her. We chatted for a while about Rob Zombie, how they met, and what it was like working on Halloween (including our mutual hate for the big 'W' - you should know what I mean). She signed my blu-ray and happily posed for a photo.

As a special effects artist, I had to meet Trevor Butterfield since he was a part of the SFX creature crew in Aliens. We had a chat about the work he did (i.e. operating the Queen Alien mechanics), how he got into the industry, and working with the late great Stan Winston. Happily posed for photo and got another autograph for the Anthology boxset.

Would had loved to have met Lew Temple, after hearing great stories about him, but hopefully he'll be invited back for another appearance soon.

• Like 1

It was great to meet up and chat again with Jon (Goldengreen), I had a little more time this time out, as I'm usually dashing here there and everywhere at these shows. I did comment that we didn't see anyone else from the forum though. Maybe we need a rogue's gallery down here in the lowly depths of the Horror section so that we can identify each other? (That's me in my avatar pic by the way...no, not the old guy. I have no idea who he is! ;) )

Well, I got to meet Lew Temple, who was great. We discussed film making, and he took one of my cards. We explained that we'd been working on no budget to date, but the next films will change all that. He also told me that he was good pals with Rob Zombie, but Rob hates visiting the UK as he spends all his time in his hotel room and hates UK television, as we don't have the rock channels in the hotel rooms! Lew signed my Halloween UK Quad, and identified his character on the poster.

We also met Robert Englund again, who was just fantastic as usual. We chatted about films in general, and how he will now only do a stunt once, since he feels old and can't perform them more than that. He is kept pretty busy, and also mentioned Fiona Dourif to us, as my wife's name is Fiona. He was telling us he was offered an off Broadway play a couple of years ago, but couldn't do it as he gets terrible stage fright! Who'd have thought?

And then there was Scout, who was an absolute sweety. Loved my poster on our first encounter at her table. She told me that she was asked to join Danielle Harris and Kristina Klebe at another Halloween themed event in Pasadena this weekend, but turned them down to come visit her UK fans and see London instead, and I'm so glad that she did. Such a lovely, friendly, and interested girl. She saw my woollen fleece at the photoshoot and stroked it purring 'Mmm this would keep me warm' after which I replied 'Well, give us a big hug then!' Which is what she did, and became my photoshoot image. (Going to treasure that one!). Scouty was the best guest there for me. And I have at least now met one version of Laurie Strode!

• Like 1

Meeting Scout Taylor Compton was a dream come true! I got the following signed by her.......Halloween pic, Wicked Little Things pic, 247 pic, publicity shot pic, Halloween DVD, Halloween 2 DVD, 247 Blu Ray. Spoke to her for ages about so many subjects but the one that stuck in mind the most was her experiences filming 247 in Russia during a war. Snipers came onto set with guns in everyones faces and Tyler was really scared but Scout looked after him! Haha! :-)

Lew Temple was awesome. Walking Dead pic, Devils Rejects pic and Halloween pic. Really good chat about his death scene in Devil's rejects. He kept spitting blood at Bill which made Bill angry so he sat on him harder, sounded a really tough scene to film.....until he started telling me about his scene in Halloween instead! Now that sounded tough!

Scott MacDonald was a true gent. He spotted me coming across with my Jack Frost picture and spoke for around 10 minutes about filming it and how the budget was severely changed at the 11th hour. He would be more than happy to come back as Jack in the future though!

Judy Geeson was awesome and like all the Rob Zombie actors, had nothing but amazing things to say about the man. Got a nice Lords of Salem pic signed.

Lance Henriksen was great, really liked the pic of him I took with me from Pumpkinhead, wrote 'Andy I'm gonna send you back from the hell you came from' on it which made us chuckle.

I could not afford to meet Robert again sadly but here is hoping he will be back again soon :-)

Keep up these horror guests! They ALWAYS make the nicest guests.....don't think I have met a bad one yet? (Hope I am not tempting fate haha!)

• Like 1

Had a great day Saturday, good to chat with Indiana , hope I get to meet some more of you in the future as it's great to meet so many others that share a passion for Horror Movies.

Scout Taylor Compton was lovely, very good meet, she signed my Halloween and Halloween 2 DVDs , posed for a photo at the desk and then had the official photo later on as well, she sure was full of beans !

Judy Geeson, what a lovely lady, seemed pretty busy all day, she signed my Inseminoid DVD , which Norman J. Warren had signed and she was as complimentary about Norman as he had been about her as well. Also signed Lords of Salem DVD as well , as did Bruce Davison later who was also fantastic to meet.

Lance Henrikesen signed my Pumpkinhead DVD, lovely guy, also got the official photoshoot with him later.

Robert Englund, well, I couldn't resist going to see him again, think it's about the 5th time now, but I had just bought the A Nightmare on Elm Street Blu Ray Collection, so thought it only right I got him to sign it. From what I understand he also chipped in to get things sorted and get the Collectormania show to happen as well, so all kudos to him. As always had a great chat with him, I was trying to get his view on the remake and Jackie Earle Haley, he was of course very diplomatic and as often is the case, he knew Jackie as well, so we had a bit of Jackie Early Haley fan moment ! I think he probably got it on the button though when he said , there really was no clamour for A Nightmare on Elm Street to be remade and the studios didn't really appreciate the ongoing life a move like this has as it picks up a new fanbase from VHS to DVD and now Blu Ray. He was also given an award just before I met him, for his variety of performances, which I think was from a website / web group as well, so thoroughly deserved.

Sadly, didn't get to meet Lew Temple in the end, ran out of funds ! Although I understand he was a nice guy from what others have said.

Hope the rest of you had a good day and got some good meets and stuff signed.

Couldn't make mk but my big brother went for me and got my stuff signed, got Scout Taylor Compton to sign my Halloween 1&2 poster and a 8x10, also Lew Temple signed my H1 poster and Walking Dead canvas print. Edited by malky
  • Like 1