more for the cosplayers at lfcc

Hi guys' n girls. All good ideas. In terms of quick and high volume number of scenes I've used a very high lumen projector or event screen (usually rear protection or LED) that way you can literally have hundreds of stills or video backgrounds. As a cosplayer I would also just love a FREE professional picture of my costume in the same vein as the photo shoots but with a digital file as the product so no waiting around or having to protect the preciousness for the duration of the day. I think that would also help to promote that aspect of the event too.

First post cherry popped.

That's not a bad idea - could be held in the prop shoot area when it's quiet. Save on printing costs and I would imagine most if not all cosplayers would love some pro-shots of their gear...

I'd love a proffessional photo of my cosplay....saves the terrible shots I get. lol!

This was a random but very cool thought..I couldn't find a suggestion box type place. But what about getting one of those artists that do the 3d 'paintings' on the floor? I bet it would be good photo opertunity...could be something for the comic book fans so they can 'look' like they are flying.

As were talking of sugestions - I see that there will be a 3D printer at DST:G - what are the chances of getting something like that at LFCC, if not this time round then in the future... Mini-me cosplayers.... think about it!!

But how much would that cost?

From what I read on the DST:G website it's not cheap - starting at €119. It's not something I'd have of myself in standard dress but if I had the cahonés to do what you guys do then I might go for it. Most of the cosplays at WLFCC and LFCC last year were outstanding and blew me and others I talked to away, the detail that went into the costumes. If I had spent that amount of time creating something like that - I might stump up the cash for a replica model...

As it stands I'm still working my way up to asking for a photo... :blush:

From what I read on the DST:G website it's not cheap - starting at €119. It's not something I'd have of myself in standard dress but if I had the cahonés to do what you guys do then I might go for it. Most of the cosplays at WLFCC and LFCC last year were outstanding and blew me and others I talked to away, the detail that went into the costumes. If I had spent that amount of time creating something like that - I might stump up the cash for a replica model...

As it stands I'm still working my way up to asking for a photo... :blush:

Out of my budget. Even my costume doesn't cost that much (but then I'm no including labour costs of how long it takes me to make it.)

Oh, go on....cosplay. Even if you just start with a character that wears 'normal' clothes...its totally empowering.

My thing is historical and vintage so this is just an outlet for my creativity. I can justify making clothes that aren't 'modern'.

What is it that stops you from cosplaying? I did wonder about having a cosplay sew-a-long on my blog...to help cosplay newbies.

I go in for photoshoots and prefer to be in standard dress for those - also I really wouldn't know where to start. I imagine I would at some point head down that road but at present with work and other stuff I just don't have the time or the skills to cosplay.

I'll leave it to the professionals for now :WAVE:

I go in for photoshoots and prefer to be in standard dress for those - also I really wouldn't know where to start. I imagine I would at some point head down that road but at present with work and other stuff I just don't have the time or the skills to cosplay.

I'll leave it to the professionals for now :WAVE:

Well...if your worry is wearing standard dress for pictures. Why not go for something like a headless monk (DW) cosplay. Then all you need is basicly a hooded dressing gown. and you can put thet over normal clothes. Then take it off when you want a photo and it won't take up too much room to fold it up and put in a bag.

See its not hard just takes creative thinking.

Its also very useful for getting a seat to yourself on the train. :angel:

Hmmmm...maybe that's an idea have a try on a costume (or maybe a wardrobe) bit for those who don't want to cosplay all day but want to have a go at trying ot put together an outfit. ;)

Edited by LadyDeTemps

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HI Everyone.

i just wanted to say how much we love all the amazing costumes that people have spent hours making for the show, it is just fantastic and each year there is more and more great costumes to see and it really makes the show something special.

And as so many of you have put in so much time we feel we should give you all something more at our events.

so we have been thinking and we plan to build a set that we will announce very early in the year so some of you can make costumes to go with it and use this backdrop to have photo take in front and also film infont and use as a set.

this is something we feel will be very cool and something free for you all to take part in, we will be looking at what ideas people have for this set and we will pick one idea and have it built.

we will have to have something that can be moved in and is not to crazy but we will go to town on this set.

so if you have some thoughts then let us know on here and we will see what we can do :-)

jason

how about a blue or green screen lol

They had a green screen running at Chevron 8.1 and it was a blast - I think this is something they will be using more and more of in the future. The Possibilities really are endless though it takes a bit longer to setup.

• 2 weeks later...

A quarry.

An alien forest scene that may or may not look amazingly like the landscape in British Columbia.

Puzzlewood.

...I think that covers an awful lot of film locations.

<cough>

A quarry definately...or industrial/futuristic looking corridors...