more for the cosplayers at lfcc

• Showmasters Admin

HI Everyone.

i just wanted to say how much we love all the amazing costumes that people have spent hours making for the show, it is just fantastic and each year there is more and more great costumes to see and it really makes the show something special.

And as so many of you have put in so much time we feel we should give you all something more at our events.

so we have been thinking and we plan to build a set that we will announce very early in the year so some of you can make costumes to go with it and use this backdrop to have photo take in front and also film infont and use as a set.

this is something we feel will be very cool and something free for you all to take part in, we will be looking at what ideas people have for this set and we will pick one idea and have it built.

we will have to have something that can be moved in and is not to crazy but we will go to town on this set.

so if you have some thoughts then let us know on here and we will see what we can do :-)

jason

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't cosplay but hang around with the Mega City Judges, and have photographed them a fair bit - this sounds like a great idea.

I think some kind of rock/rubble backdrop would cover the most bases. Maybe a selection of foam/polystyrene props would let the cosplayers vary the look without changing the backdrop. You might be able to cover 'destroyed urban' and 'natural wasteland' with the same set, just a couple of different bits of dressing.

Fake girder/concrete/machinery or maybe something sculpted as if it's mid-explosion?

With the trend for force-choke/hadouken shots it wouldn't be a bad idea to have something that could be thrown safely in the air, or a sculpted impact point.

A decent lighting setup will be just as important (thankfully it's not at Orange EC2)

I think what would go down well though is a decent changing area set aside for people, it can be a bit hit and miss as to what there is.

• 3 weeks later...

I love all of these ideas - it's a shame it might be too much hassle to make something where you can roll down a different scene - so have a choice of say 3 (City/forest/space)... but that would cause major chaos I would imagine and may possible break through the day.. lol

City or forest type scene seems to be the most neutral for all types of cosplay in my opinion.

• Like 1

I love all of these ideas - it's a shame it might be too much hassle to make something where you can roll down a different scene - so have a choice of say 3 (City/forest/space)... but that would cause major chaos I would imagine and may possible break through the day.. lol

City or forest type scene seems to be the most neutral for all types of cosplay in my opinion.

Another thought what about having a green screen with various props that way you could have any 'background' you wanted added on in post. ;)

Another thought what about having a green screen with various props that way you could have any 'background' you wanted added on in post. ;)

Love it... hmmmm the possibilites.

On my idea I was thinking also - if it was any sort of possibility to have multiple backgrounds you could just do one for a few hours then the other and so on - saves changing it up.

Hi guys' n girls. All good ideas. In terms of quick and high volume number of scenes I've used a very high lumen projector or event screen (usually rear protection or LED) that way you can literally have hundreds of stills or video backgrounds. As a cosplayer I would also just love a FREE professional picture of my costume in the same vein as the photo shoots but with a digital file as the product so no waiting around or having to protect the preciousness for the duration of the day. I think that would also help to promote that aspect of the event too.

First post cherry popped.

Hi guys' n girls. All good ideas. In terms of quick and high volume number of scenes I've used a very high lumen projector or event screen (usually rear protection or LED) that way you can literally have hundreds of stills or video backgrounds. As a cosplayer I would also just love a FREE professional picture of my costume in the same vein as the photo shoots but with a digital file as the product so no waiting around or having to protect the preciousness for the duration of the day. I think that would also help to promote that aspect of the event too.

First post cherry popped.

That's not a bad idea - could be held in the prop shoot area when it's quiet. Save on printing costs and I would imagine most if not all cosplayers would love some pro-shots of their gear...