On the door tickets? Queuing for autographs? Newbie needs advice.

starlight

I'm a newbie, have never been to comic con or anything like it. I'm not sure what to expect. I don't get paid until the day before Comic Con :( so cannot pre-order tickets. So I will be paying at the door, standard 11am £5 ticket. Will there be a long queue for these tickets? Will people who do this then have to queue up again with the pre-ordered ticket line, to get in? Worried I wont get in by turning up at 11am. I only want to get autographs from the Red Dwarf cast. Inside, will all the cast be together so when my ticket number is called, I get to see them all at once? instead of hoping the 3 different ticket numbers don't get called at the same time and miss my slot of 1 or 2 of them?

It's difficult to say exactly how busy this con will be as it is the first one in Cardiff, but I don't expect you'll have any problem getting in. Once you've paid at the door you go straight in, you don't need to queue again. The dwarfers will most likely be sat together but you will need to pick up a queue ticket for each one of them (if they aren't open queue) but don't worry, you can join there queue any time after your number is called, be it a minute after or an hour after or even longer.

• Showmasters Admin

As mpharris has said, the virtual queue tickets are given out per guest and so are given out at the end of their queue. There will be a crew member at ther end of the queue giving them out.

Can we pay for the autograph tickets via card or does it need to be cash?

The virtual queue tickets mentioned are free.

You can pay for your autograph by card, but then you will have to buy autograph vouchers at the sales table before joining the autograph line. The photo tables in the autograph lines are not set up to accept card payments.

Cool! Sorry to be a pain but this is my first :o), So I get a virtual queue ticket from the queue pop off to the sales table to purchase autograph vouchers then join the autograph queue?

You join the autograph queue once your number has been "called" - that means once the number on the little posters is equal or higher than the number on your tickets. Besides that yes, what you wrote is the best plan of action. Not all guests will use the Virtual Queue system though, for them you can just join the line when you have your vouchers.