Things to do in Glasgow

gobo1979uk

Hey everyone. getting excited about Collectormania Glasgow yet? I'm going up to Glasgow on the Friday morning so was wondering if there is anything interesting to do during the daytime. Was thinking maybe IMAX on the night and might also take a trip along the river. Anything else touristy I could do? Never been to Glasgow so thought I'd thow it out there. Cheers. G

• Like 1

Well, there are plenty of museums in Glasgow such as the Gallery of Modern Art near George Square and the Kelvingrove Art Gallaries. Other than that, there are plenty of shops and the IMAX cinema at the Glasgow Science Centre is really good (I saw Star Trek there a few years ago) and if you do get a chance to walk down the river, towards Springfield Quay there's a selection of places to eat (Nandos, Frankie and Benny's, Burger King) and a bowling alley. There's plenty to do in Glasgow but I hope what I've written helps a little. :)

-gobo

if youre here from the friday a.m., theres a bus tour of the city to check out thats a popular tourist thing, lasts like 2 hours...

www.citysightseeingglasgow.co.uk

or the major shopping centre bout 8 miles from city centre - Braehead (where GCM will b held) has the food angle covered, game, ten-pin bowling, mini golf and cinema also)

www.braehead.co.uk

in the town centre of glasgow, youve got a big hmv that has a gaming centre where u rent xbox 360 n ps3 games by the hour to play on in-store consoles.

ive frittered away 5 hours in there before so its good if ur a gamer.

(buchannan st)

thats all i can think of..there should be sumthn in there to pass the time till saturdays big event!

best of luck

Great suggestions above. Id head over to Kelvingrove Museum if I were you. The new Transport Museum on the Clyde is good as well. Both those are free and entertaining.

Also, i'll pimp out Geek Retreat as normal! Great little Comic Book Cafe/Shop on Union Street that you NEED to check out :)

Sent you a wee hello on Twitter :)