I'm going! Who else is?

gobo1979uk

This will be my fourth year at this event. I'll be going with some of my friends and I can't wait to go again. Some of you like Brian, KunochiGeek and StockingFairy I've met at previous Collectormania events and hopefully I'll get a chance to talk to you and anyone else here during the weekend. :)

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Like the previous years, I'll hopefully be attending both days and I must say, this year is looking to be quite, quite awesome :D (( I've also made a pledge to become more active on here, if you guys will have me of course :) ))

• Like 1

Ok...this will be my first. looking forward to it too.

Can somebody say if the early bird tickets are worth it. I mean, just how busy does these things get. Cheers.

If your totally new to the convention scene then it's difficult to compare it to anything else, perhaps something similar for a different interest group like a home show, or a car boot fair.

This type of event brings in a large number of very different interests within the movie, tv, comic, games, toys, figurines and collector groups. Recent culture has seen a lot of growth in typical geek interests, the last few years because of the larger amount of media creating interest to those unfamiliar with the scene.

Glasgow CollectorMania is a really great way to introduce yourself into the culture and easiest to find something that your bound to love.

Edited by Brian Cairns
  • Like 1

Cheers for all the info. Me an my mate have been planning to go to this for the past few years but somehow something always comes up. My friends a proper star wars fanatic so the idea of meeting big Darth is actually getting him rather excited. I myself cant wait to shake hands with Robert Englund. That man was responsible for many a sleepless night when I was a young un'.

Again, the response to everything on the forums has been great.

• Like 1

One more question. sorry if this is noted elsewhere, but as i said before, i'm new to this.

At the autograph tables, will it be possible for a quick photograph with the guests or do you have to pay for the photoshoots?

As a married man with a hyper 4 year old daughter, my financial situation isn't actually the greatest lol.

Edited by Matthewman

Glasgow CollectorMania is usually a lot more relaxed in terms of getting a photo over the table, though it does depend on the wishes of a guest. As your getting an early bird ticket you'll most likely have a bit more time before it gets busier.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...