Autographica

showmasters

Sorry for asking, but I am quite new here. I am Andre from Nieuw Vennep, The Netherlands, If everything goes well I will be attending Autographica 19 this year. I have never been to such an event and i am looking forward to it. Is it Ok to ask you guys a few simple questions ? For example. Can I bring my own photographs of a person and ask him to sign it ? Is that allowed ? And if so, what does a person charge for putting his of her autograph on my photo ? Do you have to pay that at his of her table or .. ?

Yes you can bring your own photos or items to be autographed and there is no extra charge for the guests signing your item, you just have to pay the price that is shown on the site.

You normally pay at the table where the guest is sat but for some of the bigger named guests there is a separate paying table in front of them, normally where the queue for that guest will start.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you like on this forum, the folks here are very helpful.

Great Thanks! So I can bring some photographs to be signed. But Does a guest charge a second time for an autograph. For example if I would like two photographs to be signed ? And are taking pictures allowed or is that for the Photoshoots ?

Great Thanks! So I can bring some photographs to be signed. But Does a guest charge a second time for an autograph. For example if I would like two photographs to be signed ? And are taking pictures allowed or is that for the Photoshoots ?

You pay for each autograph that you want. Prices can be found on http://showmasterson...showtopic=80097 under AUTO.

So, for example, if you wanted 2 photos signed by Gene Cernan you would pay £100 for each autograph, so that would be a total of £200.

As for taking pictures at the guests table, that is something you will have to find out on the day, some guests allow it some don't. There will be signs by the guest telling you if photos are not allowed or in some cases asking for no flash photography. Photos at the guests table are not charged for. The PHOTO price quoted on http://showmasterson...showtopic=80097 is for the professional photo shoot.

Edited by 18blue78

Great many thanks, you are so kind to help me. I am 46 years old from The Netherlands and I collect astronaut autographs. Indeed it is a wish of mine to shake hands with Gene Cernan. Does he sell his book at his table ? Do you know that from earlier autographica's ? , I think to ask him to sign his book to me or / and a photo. Are the guest good approachable for questions or..

Edited by AndreRan

Great many thanks, you are so kind to help me. I am 46 years old from The Netherlands and I collect astronaut autographs. Indeed it is a wish of mine to shake hands with Gene Cernan. Does he sell his book at his table ? Do you know that from earlier autographica's ? , I think to ask him to sign his book to me or / and a photo. Are the guest good approachable for questions or..

I might be wrong but it is unlikely his book will be for sale at his table. They normally only have photo's available at the guests table. There will be lots of dealers at the show but if there is a specific item you want then it would be best to try and buy it before the show and bring it with you, that way you will not be disappointed if you cannot find that special item.

At the risk of breaking forum rules there are copies of his book available on Amazon.

Autographica is a much more relaxed show then the other Showmasters events and the relaxed atmosphere is reflected in the guests. Normally at Autographica the guests have lots of time to chat and answer questions, but remember, each guest is an individual and we all have off days sometimes.

But in my experience astronauts are some of the most engaging people you could hope to meet.

Edited by 18blue78

• 2 weeks later...

To Dave, Jason and Paul, when do you send the tickets and the tickets for the photoshootings to the buyers? I've ordered with paypal with the option postage.

Thks for answer

This answer is from another topic.

Hello Andy

Normally you will receive tickets in the post just a few weeks before the event. If you have not ordered entrance tickets they will not be posted out.

Dave Phillips

To dave , jason and paul, at 4th of june I made 195 british pounds payable to Autographica events through paypal. That went OK. I ordered a vip pass. May I kindly ask you through this forum, how I can tell you my preferable seating with the Celebrity Dinner. Am I right that you can tell the guest you prefer to be seated with ? I was not be able to do so by the payment. Still Dinner-nite at Saturday this year ?

Edited by AndreRan

To dave , jason and paul, at 4th of june I made 195 british pounds payable to Autographica events through paypal. That went OK. I ordered a vip pass. May I kindly ask you through this forum, how I can tell you my preferable seating with the Celebrity Dinner. Am I right that you can tell the guest you prefer to be seated with ? I was not be able to do so by the payment. Still Dinner-nite at Saturday this year ?

As far as I know you will need to call Dave.

Ok I'll look for his phonenumber and call him. sorry for asking I am quite new at this forum and will be visiting Autographica for the first time. I thought a VIP pass was awesome to choose and I hoping I am gonna have a great time! I am looking forward to it.

No problem, that's one of the reasons this forum exists: so you can get an answer to your questions. :smile: Dave gave the phone number in another topic, but the search function so doesn't like me at the moment. :lol:

As an astronaut fan you're going to have a blast I'm sure.

I think so ! It is a great wish of mine to shake hands with gene Cernan. But also Rusty schweickart and walt and Barbara will be awesome! But I am as thrilled to see the other guets and see the venue and the nice atmosphere. As a astronaut fan myself I hope one day to see for example Dave Scott or the Shuttle astronauts Hoot Gibson and Bob Crippen.

Edited by AndreRan

Is it only possible to order and pay for the photoshoots with some of the guests by paypal or is it also possible to buy tickets for the shoots at the Venue?

To buy photo shoots without using Pay pay...... Click the photo shoot you want.. you will see a screen pay by pay pal. There is another yellow button next to it marked Check out. Click on this then fill in your card details and address. Once done it will say pay now. click on that and your order is done and you can print it out.

Hope it helps, :dance:

Just to make things clear...

If, for example, I wanted:

- Early Bird entry

- Evander Holyfield photoshoot

I only need to add postage once, not twice (or three times or 87 times depending on how many photoshoots I buy)?

Thanks in advance,

Bobster

• Showmasters Admin

Hi there

Correct

one postage charge is enough.

Dave Phillips

Although if you were to buy 87 photoshoots you would be very very busy and would probably have a lovely suntan from all the camera flashes !!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I'm wondering if this Autographica is more aimed towards the "real-life heroes" rather than movie stars, or if the movie headliners are yet to be announced. There are some nice guests from TV & film who I'll be meeting, but there doesn't seem to be the big headlining Hollywood guests of prior shows. As I said, it's looking likely I'll be there either way but I hope there's gonna be some big names from Hollywood and TV still to be announced.

• Like 1