Sm's put us out of our misery

Wyn

I hate to say it but I agree - there's no one yet that I would be willing to pay £15 for an autograph, but I'm sure there are loads of people happy with the star wars/trek guests. I'm just not into that. Still, here's hoping for some more LOTR / Harry Potter guests nearer the time.

Did anyone else ever read anywhere that this was LotRmania?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Orlando, Viggo, Sir Ian and the rest, but maybe this is the turn for fans of other franchises to meet their heroes?

You have to remember that the event got quite alot of bad press last time because the LOTR's guests were just too big for that location. I know both LOTR's fans and none LOTR's fans who wont be going if it's like it was at C4.

This is just an observation not a criticism of SM's - have been to all the events and loved all the previous ones.

Plus it's hard to believe but not everyone is a LOTR's fan *g*. There are a few LOTR's guests already and I think SM's is doing a good thing by getting back to haveing an eclectic mix.

they said everyone would be happy does everyone look happy to you

We have 6 guests yes but only two of them i'd pay to meet i mean common isuldur and the king of the dead people would pay £10-15 for there autos

Well Im a big harry potter fan!?!?!? :yoda: LOL But the guests are cool! And Collectormania isnt a LOTR thing and there are alot of fans of other stuff too! I wouldnt say Im a fan of LOTR, I like the films and some of the actors the books r good too :D But Id rather see a Goonies cast member than a LOTR one, unless it was Ian McKellen! :D

*sigh*

By your own admission, there are 6 guests attending, as many as there are Star Wars guests, and only one or two more than there are Star Trek guests.

Give it up, let other fans have their moment.

I just knew this was going to happen certain people don't like the guest announcments so they make a fuss and yet again disrupt what had once again become a HAPPY FORUM

STOP WHINGING IT REALLY DOES NOT BECOME YOU .

look at who Showmasters have got already my god it's a great line up so far and still more to be announced so before you start slagging people off remember that Showmasters are working their butts off and ungrates like you treat them like this.

DISGUSTING

Elfiexx

excuse me it;s a buisness u sound like there gods or sumthin lmao

i'm saying and i know a lot of people are with me i can;t aford to travel 50 miles to an event with guests i don;t want to see.

From the way showmasters were speaking lots of people were waiting for a big LOTR guest and they aren;t happy

We have 6 guests yes but only two of them i'd pay to meet i mean common isuldur and the king of the dead people would pay £10-15 for there autos

Well that's great that you have two guests that you want to see. Personally I don't know what you are complaining about...

I am going just to see the one guest and have a look around the stores and things.

Showmasters rule :(

I'm happy with the guests so far. I'm travelling miles (From lincolnshire) for C5, and we booked our hotel months ago... we're going for the experience of another convention and to see each other... and any 'major' lord of the rings guests will just be a bonus. I'm purely looking forward to it just to see forum members again and spend time with the people I love.... plus meeting Brad Dourif is just gonna kick ass!!

Stina xx

Ps: Give SM's a chance... they're still recovering from LFACC ;)

Well that's great that you have two guests that you want to see. Personally I don't know what you are complaining about...

I am going just to see the one guest and have a look around the stores and things.

AMEN!!!

excuse me it;s a buisness u sound like there gods or sumthin lmao

i'm saying and i know a lot of people are with me i can;t aford to travel 50 miles to an event with guests i don;t want to see.

From the way showmasters were speaking lots of people were waiting for a big LOTR guest and they aren;t happy

First of all you a being very rude. Secondly I can't help laughing when you say you can't afford to travel to see guests you don't want to see. The solution is quite simple in that case - don't go.

I have never seen SM say to expect any 'big' LOTR's stars and as people keep saying this isn't a LOTR's event.

I really think people need to remember their manners on this forum because I would lay money on it that the same people that are being very rude right now will be shouting and sweetness and light if someone they like is announced.

A little perspective here would be great.

• Showmasters Admin

For those of you waiting for a majot LOTR guest announcement we do hear you, and hope to have something very special for you. However, we cannot, and will not announce a guest until we have them secured, and it would be irresponsible of us to do anything else. You have to realise that things are not necessarily done to our schedule, and we have to work around the people we are talking with and their representatives.

If you bear with us, we know what you want, and do intend to have at least 1 major LOTR guest for C5. Remember, it's not over yet!

Mark

STOP WHINGING IT REALLY DOES NOT BECOME YOU .

look at who Showmasters have got already my god it's a great line up so far and still more to be announced so before you start slagging people off remember that Showmasters are working their butts off and ungrates like you treat them like this.

Here here!!

Speaking as a dealer at this show, I know what stress this team is under.

Not just at the show either! They are under stress from the moment one show finishes to the next.

Compared to other shows, they have a great diversity of guests 'ALL' the time.

I think peoples expectations have gotten a little too high because they have been 'spoilt' rotten in the past.

Deal with it. ;)

It's going to be a great show.

Shelly

I think it's a shame that SM have to make announcements like this just to shut up some people who are never happy with what SM gives them.

Obviously I would love more LOTR people and I'm happy to hear this announcement but I just think its wrong that everytime there are announcements people start getting angry and moaning.

These cons are great so stop complaining.

Cheers SM - keep up the good work ;)

Hmmmmm. Let's just put it this way. I know I was saying stuff about having to travel, but the fact of the matter is, if you don't like the guests announced, then don't go, end of story.

It's not fair to go back and forth like this. Let's all take a pill and get back to the enjoyment of knowing there are some LoTR guests and there is Joey Pants ;) .

Cheers!