Cancelled Ticket

MrsEllacott

I have received an email saying my order for a Matt Smith Photo Op has been cancelled. In it, it says it was declined. Now being that I know the money is there, as I was paid yesterday and made sure I allowed for this amount to come out, I need to know why it was cancelled rather than me contacted about my bank details. I have already emailed them but the problem is there is now no guarantee you will see it and put it through again before 6pm. I cannot queue up for a photo op next week because firstly, I am not coming till 11am and secondly, my son is autistic, he cannot queue for long especially when we all know how long the queues get in there when people are buying their photo tickets! Can one of the mods please contact the team to make sure my query is dealt with as I will be really upset if I miss out on an opportunity because something that is not my fault!!!! Last time there was an issue with my card, I was contacted and given the chance to reply and confirm my details. As you can see I am really upset and angry that a great opportunity is being taken from me and I will not be fine until someone has contacted me and sorted it out!

As the order is cancelled, and despite a thousand emails, should I just order it again???

Edited by MrsEllacott

Hi,

It may be something as simple as a wrong card number entered. If it was a wrong number entered I read this "Any person who does not enter their card details correctly are unlikely to receive automatic notification that they entered details incorrectly, which could result in not receiving your order."

As your order was cancelled and you are confident the money is there, might be worth placing the order again today before the deadline?

I'm very sorry, this is something only the ticket store crew can answer. They office may have been able to reach them on the phone on a weekday, but there is no direct line.

Doing another order was definitely the right thing to do considering the time pressure. I can only assume that due to the time pressure the order was cancelled right away. Normally they do send e-mails if a card was declined.

That happened to me too.

Then a friend helped me out and ordered it for me, and she's now also had a 'cancelled' email.

Something weird going on!

Could it be that as the whole process is manual, being inundated with last minute orders someone has just mistyped the card details?

As the shows get bigger and bigger surely it's time to look at automated payment/e-ticketing solutions? It would resolve most of these problems and you could order up until the night before. It seems mad that you have someone manually typing in hundreds, if not thousands of payment details, trying to resolve issues, hand address envelopes and send out tickets. There's plenty of low-cost, even free automated/e-ticket solutions for event organisers that are paid for by the booking fees and some will even provide the ticket scanners just when you need them so there's very limited cost to the organiser if suitable.

Anyway, I dare say that bit will be moderated.

Hope those affected get it sorted, I'm just hoping my tickets arrive by thursday or I may not be able to pick them up from the post office before saturday.

If you recieved an email saying your order is cancelled it means your card details were rejected/declined. We have been processing the orders all weekend and any that are declined are double checked before emails are sent. Purple Vamp there is nothing 'going on' just that the card details submitted have been declined.

Regards

Mara

Shop Administrator

If your ticket doesn't turn up in time, take your confirmation email with you to the event and they'll get you sorted.

Of course this only applies if you don't receive your tickets in time, the last posting is tomorrow and all accepted orders are ready to go, so they should arrive in good time. If your card was declined you will of course need to purchase tickets at the show as the shop is now closed,

Regards

Mara

Shop Administrator