Thor 2: The Dark World

This is by far the best idea so far anyway. Having a panel for thor 2 would be truley brilliant, Jaimie Alexander was supposed to be at ems but could not attend and a panel with herself, Chris Hemsworth, Tom Hiddleston, Idris Elba, Ray Stevenson & Anthony Hopkins would be amazing. San Diego Comic Con get all the great guests and it would be good to see show masters trying to up the game here.

Oh yes that's so true.

Comic Con gets so many amazing guests we never get in Europe. It's a shame.

It would be so amazing if there could be a Thor panel!!! With Tom Hiddleston, Chris Hemsworth, Jaimie Alexander, Christopher Eccleston etc...

Just once... European fans are always kinda disadvantaged.. not only when it comes to BluRay/DVD releases (Avengers ;) )

I also would love a generel Marvel panel with actors of several Marvel movies.

Btw: Why are there so many huge guests at Comic Con in the US and not in Europe? Do they charge less over there? I mean, just have a look at all the names who already attended Comic Con. It's unbelievable. They even get actors like Robert Downey Jr. and even Joss Whedon. Why isn't it possible to get those gets for European events? I know... prizes etc. But why is it possible in the US then?

• Moderators

Because Europe is a lot further away, and Comic Con over there is really a promotional event. Guests can fly in short haul, do a panel, and leave.

The events we do here are a lot different to that, and would never be able to work the same because of the costs involved.

Edited by DavidB

This is true, so how do the media outlets get the stars for interviews then. I feel that showmasters may not be putting enough oomph in it. speaking purely out of promotional experience of course and not just a fan who thinks they know best.

I'm also putting together a collective website and smartphone app for all con's inc other outlets purely for fanbase but maybe showmasters would be interested in contacting me on this.

But there are also lots of great big actors who are living in the UK, so not that far away...

I totally understand the point of the costs of course. It's just sad that the US has so many better options and that Comic Con over there is so popular that they get all top class actors and we in Europe are just not important enough :(

Why media outlets get the stars for interviews? Because they interview them during press tours, simple is that. They don't have to fly them in for an interview they are doing a press tour. Most of the time...

Still, very disappointing.

Hopefully we can at least get some of the Marvel actors like Tom Hiddleston, who lives in London... so the argument of long flights and flightcosts doesn't work here :P

Europe really needs a Marvel/Thor panel! :)

Haha, of course. But as I said: "so the argument of long flights and flightcosts doesn't work here :P"

That doesn't include other reasons like: No interest, no time... etc.

We'll see... it just would be great if Showmasters tries to get him and other Marvel/Thor actors :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...