Ruth Cox...[for those who queued for Adam Baldwin on Saturday]

...is awesome!

Fans queued for, due to several delays, many hours more than anticipated for Adam Baldwin's autograph, and, almost inevitably, a lot of people grew restless and frustrated at how things were panning out, expressing their discontempt. However, despite all of this, Ruth Cox, the crew member manning the queue system for Adam Baldwin, handled the situation brilliantly, remaining calm, polite, and friendly, at all times, so i just wanted to say thank you so much for doing such a great job even when things weren't going so well.

Too often do people complain about things that go wrong, even when it is beyond our control, and too few times do people acknowledge when others have done right despite the odds, so i hope this adds to one of those times. (i'm well aware that i may seem very odd to post this...)

Thank you again Ruth, and i hope you managed to get some well-deserved rest!

• Like 4

Agreed. I was one of the many trying to make sense of it all yesterday afternoon.

I could see his photoshoot was going way over and went to his queue which was still going on for that whole hour his photo was delayed. I was confused and concerned like everyone else and asked her if she knew if he would be back after the photo. She had no idea (not her fault in any way, just a symptom of the total lack of communication and organisation that seemed to be apparent), she just suggested that I look for a "red shirt" and ask them, which actually was spot on the right thing to do looking back at it tonight.

I walked away rather frustrated, knowing nothing but also realising that nothing she could do about it.

I am sorry if I was in any way abrupt with her, hopefully not as its not generally in my nature to be like that.

Looking back, I agree its quite amazing that she managed to keep her cool in all the chaos... :coolthumb:

So Ruth - if you read this, well done.

PS Showmasters - you might like to tell the person running a queue whether the person at the end of the queue is going to be signing again or not...

Ooh, I so agree! We had no 695 for him due to train delays and were there really really late but she was lovely and reassured us we'd get through - and also put up with my *very* talkative hyped-up and over tired 7 year old talking to her non stop. Isaac even said that she was as nice as some of the guests! In fact, all the staff we talked to this year were lovely and very patient with my son. I kept getting told how cool his little leather jacket was and how handsome he is, which is always nice for a mummy to hear especially when you've spent all day trying to stop him from running about and getting lost. Sorry, I highjacked - but thanks to all the staff from us :)

• Like 1

I'd like to add thanks from wifey and myself to Ruth as well, for how well she handled the queue during the massive delay. She was firm but polite to those who were trying to get in the queue before their number was called, and also very calm and reassuring to those already waiting. She couldn't tell us when he would be back (communication issues between areas always a problem at these events, maybe use runners/messengers?!), but was in no way rude or unhelpful. Also want to say the girl taking the cash for him was lovely as well, very friendly, smiley and great customer service skills :-)

The reason he was late back signing autographs was that he was 30 mins late coming down for the photoshoot, as he was still signing autographs when he should have been photographed (we had someone check, who had a friend at the signing station). If you think the autograph queue was restless, you should have seen the photo queue. However, the advent of TooTall and Mr FBI, everything got moving . I think that, on the whole, the bigger than usual queues were handled really well, (especially shoot A).

Errr, that'll be me. Thanks very much, I'm really touched. Huge props to Mr Baldwin for making sure that every last person in that queue got the signature they wanted and to my colleagues who zoomed in for the assist. :smile:

• Like 4