Newbie needs help

teamvamp

Hia all

:smile:

Myself and my daughter are newbies to the Twilight convention and need desperate help.

Myself and my daughter are coming in October and i want to know if anyone could give me information on the Encounters and the whole bidding/raffle process.

I have read up on the bidding and it makes no sense to me whatsoever. Is there anyone out there that has done/won this as i would like my daughter to meet Kiowa

:wub: (she adores him) as its her 16th (july) and i have bought this for her birthday.

I would so love her to have 45 mins with him so she can talk to him alone (not stalking), i think she would be shy if there were people around, this would be an amazing extra birthday gift for her and would make her birthday and year extra special.

:wub:

Also please would anyone be able to advise me around about how much money we need and are the photo shoots in with the Standard ticket.

PLEASE HELP!!!!

PS all facebook and twitter users i am on there if you want to ad then we can all meet in October.

:rolleyes:

Okay on the Guest encounter - it is for a group of about 12 people

There are 2 ways to get into the encounter

1) but a raffle ticket - 2 people are chosen from raffle tickets bought

2) the bidding route - a piece of paper will be posted somewhere obvious so that you can add your bid - you need to put your badge/group number and the price you bid in the appropriate columns on that sheet - then when bidding closes the highest 10 bids will win the encounter but you pay the value of the 10th bidder - depending on how popular the guest is this could be as little as £10 or several hundred pounds

does this help at all?

okay on photoshoots they are usually £10 to £20 pound each but again it is guest dependent on how much

feel free to add me on facebook and twitter (links in sig)

• Like 1

@TeamDamon73 add mee

Thanks it helps a little, i dont have several hundred pounds for the bidding, but i would like to bid and win the encounter as i stated for my daughter.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/xxTeamDamonxx

Add me then we can arrange to meet BTW myself and daughter are in the hotel for the weekend so it would be fun to meet with you all and keep in touch before and after the show :smile:

• Like 1

I did win a guest encounter at one event - not a twilight one but I only paid £10 - what you need to do is keep a check on how many and how much they are bidding and put in something around the highest price then check back to see if the bidding has gone higher. The average is probably £10 to £30

happy to try and meet up with you both I'm going with my mum who needs a wheelchair for these events and we are staying at the hilton

• Like 1

I did win a guest encounter at one event - not a twilight one but I only paid £10 - what you need to do is keep a check on how many and how much they are bidding and put in something around the highest price then check back to see if the bidding has gone higher. The average is probably £10 to £30

*nods in agreement* It is very, very rare that guest encounters to reach a three digit figure, let alone several hundreds of pounds.

• Like 1

Thanks guys i will defo try and win one for my daughter :smile:

With regards to the Hotel and food, does anyone whos stayed know what to do about dinner and tea, is there food supplied with these cons as i need to know where i can get food as well as prices as we have to save up thanx peeeps

There are restaurants and a bar serving food at the hotel, but as you can imagine they are not cheap prices. Near to where registration desk (normally is - we've got two events on that weekend so I can't guarantee it will be where I'm expecting it to be), the hotel normally open a convention goers restaurant which is far more reasonably priced, serving wedges, burgers, sandwichs that sort of fare. This is normally open lunchtime and early evening til about 7pm. There is also a subway at the NEC, but that is only open day time.

Around the NEC complex or close nearby are several reasonably priced pubs serving food, but that means going out in the car.

Welcome to ET cons ^_^:D

I just wanted to mention that if your daughter wanted to make a few friends before the con - she can come and talk to us Younger Attendees :) The thread is on this forum, and we're around the 16 age range. :D I went to my first con (ET3) without getting to know anyone before, then when I went to ET4 it was so much better because I could meet up with people for the parties and stuff :D

MiniAlice xo

• Like 1