Meet your favourite star

Yeah I agree that this is the wrong kind of event and the suggested price would eliminate most people from the opportunity, which I think goes against the idea of the large signing events. 5 mins would go so incredibly quickly too! Would either be very awkward or very frustrating depending on how well it went! Not realistic really and there are much cheaper options available to get to chat to the guests at these and other ME/Showmasters events.

Hmmm. To be fair to Showmasters, they've always been reasonable with prices - in my view too reasonable in some respects. If they were happy with charging £100 an autograph, just think of who they could get. But they don't, because they want to keep prices at a fair level, that most people can afford.

So in summary, if you want to be pissed off and indignant, aim that at people like me who are happy to pay £100 an autograph for the right people, rather than SM who are actually on your side of the argument :)

Edited by MikeDonovan
  • Like 1

If this sort of idea was to happen, I can't imagine too many of us would be willing to part with £500, especially those who, like me, might be unemployed and already find it hard to raise those kinda funds. It's a nice idea, but if it was more along the lines of £5 for 5mins, that would be better; a pound a minute, and you'd get more people wanting to do it as it's much, much more reasonable.