Brent Spiner...nice chap

Noone seems to be talking about Brent so I thought I'd kick off a thread.....nice guy completely destroyed the impression I had of him from some of the reports I read.....anyone see him playing with that toddler? Very funny

Edited by Eduardo

Yeah he cool. I was queing on Tont Todd next door as Brent was about to go for a 10 min break with Levar. He was very polite and apologetic to the people still waiting to meet him and was urging them to stay where they were.

He had a good presence about him and seemed genuinely pleased to be there. I met him eventually myself after Tony Todd on Sat afternoon about 4pm and by that time I'd have thought he be f***ing knackered and irratable but he carries on like a pro and I was lucky cos the photo ban had been lifted by then and he happily posed. He congratualted me on bringing him and ID4 dvd to sign as it was the first non Strat Trek thing anyone had brought into him. I asked if his character was dead or what to which he replied, "Ah-hah, you'll have to wait for the sequel, there have been talks." I also told him I'd tell my boss all about our meeting and she was a big fan and would love to have come from Dublin to see him to which he replied, " I hope she gives you a pay rise!".

I asked if his character was dead or what to which he replied, "Ah-hah, you'll have to wait for the sequel, there have been talks."

Really!!! Wow that's news... Star trek XI could be on the cards with the Next Gen crew.. unless its a voyager movie and they find Data floating in space???

I was just going to start a thread about Brent because I have wanted to meet him for so long and was so worried that he would be a disappointment and he was just wonderful. He made my weekend! He was sweet and charming and when I asked (very politely) he let my mum take a picture of us together, which I will treasure.

xxx

Yeah, Brent was great, LeVar too. Luckily, I managed to get photos with both of them as my tickets were in the late hundreds and, when I eventually went up, they had open queues.

I'd like to add, I thought Cirroc Lofton was superb. I don't know if any of you guys met him, but he was really chatty and friendly. I wasn't sure if I was going to see him at first (money issues), but I'm glad I did.

I met Brent on the Sunday. He was brilliant. I am a fan, but I got an autograph for my brother instead, as he's the Trek geek of the family!

My brother's name is Patrick, and Brent asked if it was Patrick Stewart! I was shocked and asked how did he know that Patrick Stewart was really my brother! This went on for a while .....'no really....does Patrick Stewart talk about me with you then?' etc.

He also pointed out my Anthony Michael Hall badge on my jacket. And asked if I watched The Dead Zone with him in it. Of course I also asked Brent about Spot the cat! lol And he said that he/she was doing ok for themselves!

So Templinho, it's better to go near the end of the day when fewer people are around and when they have open queues eh? This will be handy to kno win future cos then we'll have better chances of pics and and chats.

• Moderators

I got to sit with Cirroc for the majority of Sunday and it was the most enjoyable thing I did all weekend, he's a really friendly and entertaining guy, and even tho some of the other guests were more popular he just laughed about it all and enjoyed meeting those who came up to him. We checked out some girls together, got some phone numbers, and he sang to people so it was cool lol I hope whoever met him had a good time cuz I know Cirroc did. Shame I didn't get to meet Brent cuz I didn't have time but I still enjoyed myself immensely.

I remember when I first got there I overhard a woman on her phone saying who was there, "some one called Brent Spinner, Dala from Star Trek?"

What a dumb bitch, man. What the hell was she doing there if she didn't even know how to recognise his picture as Data?

nicky:

Yeah, I went on Saturday and the queues were much quieter in the late afternoon. My number had just been called so I went up, only to find that I didn't need a ticket anyway. Luckily, they were allowing photos and the guys seemed happy to chat and pose.

Both Brent and LeVar were great.

I managed to get a photo with LeVar while the ban was still in place. I asked him first, and he was happy for me to get a picture taken.

I think I got to see Brent about 2pm, he was wonderfully funny, but sadly wasn't posing for "him and me" photos. I'm really gutted about it, as I never thought I'd ever get to meet Brent, and he's by far my favourite Star Trek actor.

I heard someone ask him why he doesn't make more appearances in the UK. Brent replied that he'd love to come more often but that he has to be asked first!

Maybe Showmasters could invite him back next year.

And don't tell him that I said so, but I think LeVar might actually be a bit of a Trekkie. :lol: He explained to the little boy in front of me why his big advertising board showed LaForge (from Insurrection) without his visor. Of course any self respecting Trekkie knows the answer, but for LeVar to come out with it all was quite brilliant.

Most actors wouldn't care to remember that sort of information, let alone be able to relay to a small child in a way that they would understand.

Respect

Admiral Bear (still poorly :angel: )

So what was the reason then????

I thought it was because he wanted to be recognised seeing as though he obviously wouldn't be wearing the visor at the show or perhaps he just wanted people to see him as LaForge without it.

Go Temp! :lol:

Actually, from what I know, I think wearing the VISOR caused LeVar a lot of pain during 7 years of TNG, so the writers came up with a way of giving him his "sight back" via the occular inplants so that he wouldn't have to wear it again.

Respect

Admiral Bear (still poorly) :unsure: