Star Trek signing event?

Howie

Ok so a Star Trek convention failed how about an event where there are Star Trek actors just signing and maybe giving the odd talk but basically an event where the focus is just on Star Trek and autographs?

• 5 weeks later...

But you are basically talking about a Collectomania limited to Star Trek people. They've been in other things, you might have people who only want those other things. So its never purely about Star Trek.

So it might as well just be a Collectomania with heavy Star Trek presence, but not excluding others.

I expect there might be a larger Trek show for its 50th in 2016, but we need to get Who's 50th in 2013 out the way first. And I'm dreading it!

Ok no talks just autographs?

no photos? count me out.

ive recently been to the us, and I can tell you, they kicked ass, was a fantastic event, great talks, loads of trek guests (70). thats how its done, I cant see a 50th happening in the uk any different to whats already been tried, basically because the us ones are official and will have them all (guests) at various places that year. for a uk 1 to work it would need to be worked around those cons, planned in advance and have headliners to work in the uk.

and considering how sm get great trek guests to the CM's and LFCC'S I cant see a dedicated one ever happening, not after the farce of 2 cxl warps. it pains me to say.

A Star Trek based event would be great in the UK! Although a visit to one across the pond would be (I imagine) mind blowing! I can't see that happening any time soon!

I agree with the fact that they've not only just done Star Trek but I think we deserve one! I mean, if SM are hosting such cons as Hub5, why can't we have a ST one? :D

My argument at least! We all know there's a huge fan base here!!

for whatever reason wether it be lack of effort or just bad luck or both, showmasters have tried twice and had to cxl twice, im not sure they will try again. hope they do. but if they do, they need a headliner, someone on here once said, showmasters are there own worst enemy and with regards trek he was right, they get such great stars from trek to the big cons, ppl arnt gonna pay through the roof for 3 back room players at a smaller con. well not in large chevron with RDA numbers anyway.

with the last line ups for warp (which were 3 nice guests, but no big names and second time NO guests), I wasnt prepared to pay the amounts needed to attend. yet I forked out to go to the states to an official one, yes it cost a bomb, but 70 + guests with loads of headliners made it more worthwhile

for whatever reason wether it be lack of effort or just bad luck or both, showmasters have tried twice and had to cxl twice, im not sure they will try again. hope they do. but if they do, they need a headliner, someone on here once said, showmasters are there own worst enemy and with regards trek he was right, they get such great stars from trek to the big cons, ppl arnt gonna pay through the roof for 3 back room players at a smaller con. well not in large chevron with RDA numbers anyway.

with the last line ups for warp (which were 3 nice guests, but no big names and second time NO guests), I wasnt prepared to pay the amounts needed to attend. yet I forked out to go to the states to an official one, yes it cost a bomb, but 70 + guests with loads of headliners made it more worthwhile

I think if done right, if there's a chance to do it as well and make it as big as it is in the US, It would be such a welcome treat to the UK! As you say, with the right guests (and prices!) it could achieve such a high number of attendees!

As you say, with Big Trek guests attending LFCC last year, it made sense that it wouldn't attract a huge Star Trek following (travel, hotel costs and then the cost of meeting him on top!).

If there was a dedicated con with big headliners, personally think it would go well!

Here's hoping!! :D

someone on here once said, showmasters are there own worst enemy and with regards trek he was right, they get such great stars from trek to the big cons, ppl arnt gonna pay through the roof for 3 back room players at a smaller con. well not in large chevron with RDA numbers anyway.

That was me. Their own competition I belive I said. Half the cast of Voyager at last year's Collectomania.

I think if done right, if there's a chance to do it as well and make it as big as it is in the US, It would be such a welcome treat to the UK! As you say, with the right guests (and prices!) it could achieve such a high number of attendees!

That could never happen. There's a difference between getting 70 guests (over 4 days was it Rob?) together in the US and flying 70 over to the UK for long weekend.

If you want an American sized event, do what Rob did, go to them.

There's no reason a ME sized (4-6 guests) event shouldn't work, get Sir Patrick or someone UK based to kick it off, it should be a safer bet than purely American cast shows/films.

Edited by TerraHawk