Saturday Review

was a bit disapointed with a couple of my autos off her, im not sure if it was the pens or she writes lightly but the auto is faded as it where on 2 off mine..

I'm afraid I think it's the pens which also disappointed me. I got 5 from her, 4 in black and 1 in silver. The silver one came out fine, the black ones came out faded.

Assisting crew should have been all the ball at that one and giving her a new pen every 30 minutes or at the merest sign of fading/streaking to ensure the best autographs for the paying punters.

Nothing worse than forking out a ton of your hard earned cash for streaky/fading auto's.

We were supplying her new pens as fast as we could get hold of them. As soon as it was apparent the pens were fading, new ones were requested and supplied but, as you can appreciate, that doesn't happen in seconds.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Afternoon Y'all. Just at work, and still on a comedown from the awesome day i had saturday. I've been to many of convention but saturday was really something.

First off, i would like to thank all the staff, they're stunning to deal with and polite, and not to mention getting the guests.

It was great bumping into friends i've not seen for time and even bumping into my mate Lisa who was working alongside Lisa Marie. The guests were outstanding that i met(Chris lloyd was busy, so never had chance)

I want to mention Clive Barker-whom was the sole reason i attended. I cannot praise that man high enough, he was a true gent, and feel blessed he spent time to talk to me about my little boy and my first editions i had with me, he signed both which was a great gesture. And i walked away a bit bummed because i could see how much agony he was in and whatever he his going through i wish all the best and to make a speedy recovery. Again words cannot express how great of person he was.

I really enjoyed the time with Tom Sizemore he seemed to be lapping it up, and would pose for a photo and got talking about Point Break.Legend.

Ricky Dean Logan was awesome, i had chance to bump into him a few times over that saturday and did some photos, chat a bit and he was very humble.

And Ashley Lawrence, what laugh she was, we defaced my Hellraiser cover to Dougs delight and the banter was amusing, we even had a game of Noughts and Crosses on my cover.

Any how i need more coffee, thanks showmasters for a stunning saturday and see you in October.

Lav

I had a fab day overall but have 1 big complaint.

I got to the event about an hour before it opened (at 9). Ended up a fair bit round the corner but was fine with that. When it struck 9 the queue started moving but then a bus came up an so the queue was split to let people off the bus to go through the side entrance.

But then we noticed people joining the back of the queue in front of us (where it was split). So here's me and a he'll of a lot of people standing there, who have waited for well over an hour seeing people who just turned up at 9 get in before us... And what was the responce we got from the guy organising the queue? "Well were all going in anyway"

You have no idea how pissed off I felt at that moment. The whole reason why I try and get there early is so that I can get in quickly to get low numberd VQ tickets, but how the queue was organised today I would have been better off not bothering and turning up at 9.

Edit: I was in the pre-bought ticket line.

Yes I was in that part of the queue also, we stood there whilst the other queue was away in the distance and others who had just came in from the tube joined this queue, this bus arrive at one of the exits and one of the Earls Court Staff told us to wait when we told him that others were joining the other queue he just told us we will get in sometime just like the others - he forgets that it is us who pays his wages, we had been standing in the queue for an hour if I had known what was happening I would have came in later - thank god it was dry and not raining. :D

I had an amazing time for the first time going to the LFACC :thumbup:

I got there at 11 and got to go straight in because i got a pre-paid ticket :3 I was with my friend who had also cosplayed as an miku and a friend who was a random dr.who geek :3

I thought it was a bit crowded but really fun, my friend who was a miku and i did the masquade and the talent show and also had one paid photo shoots and had quite a few people ask for photos with us.

We bought loads of cool anime items and other nice stuff then at 6 headed home :(

DEFENTLY GOING NEXT YEAR! XD XD XD XD

(ps: if youh have any pictueres of us then please post them in reply tew this :3 )

Karen Gillan - Heard that VT went up to 750 by 09:30

Karen arrived at 09:35-ish - she was very pleasant and nice.

Left the Karen signing at 09:45 thinking that I might be late for the Shawnee Smith photoshoot. It was still taking place when I arrived to Area C.

The Buck Rogers talk was hillarious - a lot of chemistry between Gil and Erin.

Corey Feldman - it was his birthday today, so was a nice touch that the crowds sang "Happy Birthday".

Karen Gillan talk - some odd questions were asked. Enjoyed the bit where she sung Katy Perry's "California Girls". She buys her shoes from a vintage shop in Camden Market.

Great day overall.

Everyone was a week early, his birthday's actually today (16th). I think everyone got confused, coz it still falls on a Saturday ;) He's spending the whole month celebrating, and came to us in the UK first. :(:thumbup: