How well does lenticular stuff sign?

Just got the DW series 5 blu-ray set, planned to get it signed by Karen on Saturday but I hadn't realised that the inner sleeve was a different design from the outer. Karen's only on the lenticular outer sleeve, the inner sleeve is just the Pandorica.

Does anyone have any experience of getting lenticular thingies signed? Does it take or is it likely to rub off in no time?

When I went to the HMV signing when Matt and Karen were signing the new series 5 release boxset,for the bluray they weren't signing on the lenticular sleeve but on the inner sleeve with the pandorica on it.I dont know if this was for ease of signing or a worry that it wouldn't sign properly on the lenticular surface.Personally I think it looks better and is better protected being on the inner sleeve.

MattSmithKarenGillan.jpg

I've been wondering the same with regards to the Back To The Future Blu-ray box.

The outer box has a strange surface, not lenticular but similar and I'm not sure how well it will take a signature. The foldout bit with the discs in might be more suitable but there's nothing to protect from rubbing etc and I'm concerned that wherever it's signed, there's a risk the signatures will rub off after a while so not sure it's worth the risk. There's no "sleeve" like is inserted in most normal cases which would offer some protection.

I've been wondering the same with regards to the Back To The Future Blu-ray box.

The outer box has a strange surface, not lenticular but similar and I'm not sure how well it will take a signature. The foldout bit with the discs in might be more suitable but there's nothing to protect from rubbing etc and I'm concerned that wherever it's signed, there's a risk the signatures will rub off after a while so not sure it's worth the risk. There's no "sleeve" like is inserted in most normal cases which would offer some protection.

Yeah that was what I was thinking about too, I'm pulling my BTTF Blu-Ray set with me, still not decided if I'll have it signed, but if I do, I'm wondering where to have it done, without me having to put it in a display after the show and buy another edition I can use when I want to see it.

Just had a look at my box set , how about the front of the booklet that says what is on each disc ? , easy to sign on and is removeable for seperate storage or display and can still use set itself.

Edited by teroknor34

whenever i've taken a lenticular item to a signing, the guest has always avoided signing the lenticular part. Maybe over the years they've learned that its not a very good surface to sign on. I can't imagine the gold/silver pens would take too well to it, they're a bit on the liquidy side lol! I'm not overtly keen on the material myself, running my fingernails across it weirds me out and makes me feel a bit nauseous. I can't be the only one that gets this! : p

apologies if any spelling errors get through, i'm writing this on my phone : )

Just had a look at my box set , how about the front of the booklet that says what is on each disc ? , easy to sign on and is removeable for seperate storage or display and can still use set itself.

Thought of that and it might be the best option for safety but there's always the risk of losing it though I suppose if I ever want to sell the box, I could keep the booklet (not really a booklet as such though is it) and it is a little on the small side.

The bit that's on the back of disc III when it's folded out is another option (the pic of the rear of the car). That would be reasonably well protected and it would be nicer if the actual box was signed but from a practical and long term storage point of view I guess the booklet thing might be the best.

Normally just stick to 10x8's but with both Chris Lloyd and Lea Thompson there, it'd be a pity not to get their signatures somewhere on the box-set.

No probs with my highlander blu-ray as that's in a normal case so will be fine gettng the cover signed there.