need of superb guests at Autographica

denis007

I have been attending Autographica for the last past 3 years or so and I have always been wondering why Autographica never succeeded in getting actors and actresses like Linda Hamilton or even Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa. In regard to Bond actors, it would be a nice to have Bond male actors that have had usually a more substantial role than women in most of the cases (at the exception of Ursula Andress and Tanya Roberts). I noticed that most of the male actors are present in other shows like Showmasters or LFCC. Perhaps, Autographica managment should try to get those actors and actresses to attend Autographica. It would be really nice, especially since in my case this is the only show I personally attend a year due to other important committment.

• Moderators

Yes, I would agree with the above. It's a quieter event which aims to have a slightly different lineup to the ones at CM/LFCC, and so you're not likely to see those types of guest here.

Agree with the 2 posters above - Autographica should stick to the type of stars it's already known for; Borgnine, Curtis, Collins, Rooney etc, rather than the type of guests to be found at CM or LFCC.

If you want those types of guests I highly recommend the effort of attending either CM or LFCC - some of the best weekends of the year!

And personaly I can't imagine anyone saying these guest are not SUBERB....

Borgnine, Curtis, Collins, Rooney etc

Exactly!! these names are some of the biggest stars Hollywood has ever seen..Still can't believe I was lucky enough to meet them all at Autographica - hoping for similar names for the next show!

Edited by keithporter23

• Showmasters Admin

Exactly!! these names are some of the biggest stars Hollywood has ever seen..Still can't believe I was lucky enough to meet them all at Autographica - hoping for similar names for the next show!

There are a couple of names that have been mentioned by the guys that should they happen, I can assure you, you'll be :thumbup::D:D:D for weeks.

You guys are all absolutely right but perhaps, adding one of those 'extra' guests like Hamilton would add some spices to Autographica. It is true that attracting more famous people in one go (like for example in London or Milton Keynes) would definitely make Autographica busier than ever. I still remember how busy it was when I personally met Ernest Borgnine. It was really nice. This would definitely bring more cash to the organizers by having those extra names on the list though. Maybe not as good for us perhaps. Too crowded and less perosnal. I understand that I could attend more shows a year but it does cost money and there are a lot of other things I need to take in consideration too! I may decide to go to the show in July but then I would have to pass on Autographica. Who knows? We'll see!

Edited by denis007

Of course you have some more senior actors like Christopher Lee, who probably would prefer the more relaxed enviroment (and higher autograph fees not so out of place either) but again, you simply wouldn't have the space for queues that long, which we've seen he'd bring.

Some of the smaller guests in the past - for example Malcolm Teirney - I'd wished were at the more mainstream shows. I'd not go to AG especially for Star Wars guests like him (unless in the neighbourhood for a different event), if no one else to interest me.

Edited by TerraHawk

I think Autographica works very nicely as it is at the moment, I think I'm right in saying this is one of the few SM signing events that can sell out in terms of tickets as they will only sell a maximum number so I don't think there is even an appetite from the organisers to have the crowds at the show.

While guests like Linda Hamilton would probably bring the crowds in, that could end up losing what makes this event stand out from the others.

I suppose if it came to a choice between adding a few more guests like the Hamiltons of the world at Autographica or having no Autographica at all then its not much of a choice but while Dave Jason and Paul can continue running it as it is then for my money thats the best way to go.

There are a couple of names that have been mentioned by the guys that should they happen, I can assure you, you'll be :YAHOO::D:D:D for weeks.

You can't tease me like that!! If only we could have a clue...... (which I know you're not allowed to give us :P )

My favourite guests are always the great Hollywood legends - and there are so few of them left these days; it's a real treat when Autographica brings them over.

Thanks for the heads up Too Tall - i'll be checking here every hour from now on, instead of every 2!