Party Themes Announced!

showmasters

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just bought the components of my simple take on 'Egyptian' themed. Lord knows why I don't do fancy dress..... but hey I fancied a change. I'm fresh out of budget ideas for the RDA party and the 1969 one I shall have to see what I have kicking around. Can't wait to see everyones costume ideas!

i've been looking in all the charity shops and saw a gold and red dress and was going to get it it had gone the next day. cannot seem to find another one anywhere.

maybe i should get a white sheet a brown belt and learn how to sow in a week. :huh:

That's ashame! My costume/dress is going to be red and gold. (If it ever gets made!)

Try H&M maybe? one of their plain summer dresses and add gold to it? Or TKMax. If you haven't found anything yet.

i've been looking in all the charity shops and saw a gold and red dress and was going to get it it had gone the next day. cannot seem to find another one anywhere.

maybe i should get a white sheet a brown belt and learn how to sow in a week. ;)

That's ashame! My costume/dress is going to be red and gold. (If it ever gets made!)

Try H&M maybe? one of their plain summer dresses and add gold to it? Or TKMax. If you haven't found anything yet.

Managed to find a black and dress top :WINCE: Only cost £5 in sale.

Gonna get some black and gold braclets and necklesses and some cheap flip flops from primark.

maybe i should get a white sheet a brown belt and learn how to sow in a week. :o

Managed to find a black and dress top :P Only cost £5 in sale.

Gonna get some black and gold braclets and necklesses and some cheap flip flops from primark.

That sounds really good and a real bargin too!

Please send some of your good luck my way, my dress seems like it'll never be made!

:(:D:lol::D

maybe i should get a white sheet a brown belt and learn how to sow in a week. :lol:

Managed to find a black and dress top :D Only cost £5 in sale.

YAY! Glad you found what you needed :D

maybe i should get a white sheet a brown belt and learn how to sow in a week. :o

Managed to find a black and dress top :P Only cost £5 in sale.

That sounds really good and a real bargin too!

Please send some of your good luck my way, my dress seems like it'll never be made!

:(:D:lol::D

Got everything you can cross crossed.

Good luck. :(

Good luck. :YAHOO:

LOL Thank you. Keep praying that my seamstress will call, but that hasn't happened yet and i don't want to bug her by asking.

I should have gone with the dress made out of beads, i could have made it myself!

Good luck. :D

LOL Thank you. Keep praying that my seamstress will call, but that hasn't happened yet and i don't want to bug her by asking.

I should have gone with the dress made out of beads, i could have made it myself!

Beads? :YAHOO:

Good luck. :YAHOO:

If you have paid her and she said it would be done by a cxertain day then you have a right to call and ask here how it is coming a long.

I would wait till tusday then call her and find out.

Beads? :clap:

Yeah, beads. hehe Though i now realise i haven't THAT much confidence! hehe

If you have paid her and she said it would be done by a cxertain day then you have a right to call and ask here how it is coming a long.

I would wait till tusday then call her and find out.

It's a friend that is or should have been making it. So we hadn't talked about payment.

I'm starting to freak out about it really, because i asked her the day after the themes were announced on here and got the material 2 days after that and gave her the material the same day. She came by last week to re-measure me and admitted that she hadn't even cut the material and now it's just day away.

My dad bought me a white summer dress that may be too big, as a back up.

I think i will have to call her tomorrow as it is bugging me.

EDIT May 5th: My dress is almost done, it'll be finished tonight and ready to wear to the party tomorrow! YAY!

Edited by TerylTams

Can somebody please confirm that the Ra party is now definitely on Friday and 1969 is on Sunday? A good number of people in the last week or so have been referring to their '60s and Sunday outfits as two separate things and I just wanted to be sure I have the right costume on the right night LOL Thanks :)