Party Themes Announced!

showmasters

Won't be there for the Sunday night party and I just bought the final part of my 1969 outfit :no::D

Same :(

I might be wrong, but i think they mean that the Ra's party is on Friday and the 1969 party is on Sunday. They changed the days those parties are on rather than having one and not the other.

You've got it right, Friday night is Ra's party and Sunday night is the 1969 party. I'm just a bit peeved 'cos I can't stay for the Sunday night one. Ah well, these things happen.

Can't stay for it either, going to see if work will let me have Monday off & if there's rooms left. Really want to go to the 60's party! :)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Won't be there for the Sunday night party and I just bought the final part of my 1969 outfit :no::D

Same :(

I might be wrong, but i think they mean that the Ra's party is on Friday and the 1969 party is on Sunday. They changed the days those parties are on rather than having one and not the other.

You've got it right, Friday night is Ra's party and Sunday night is the 1969 party. I'm just a bit peeved 'cos I can't stay for the Sunday night one. Ah well, these things happen.

Can't stay for it either, going to see if work will let me have Monday off & if there's rooms left. Really want to go to the 60's party! :)

That's a shame for both of you. I just told my Boss that i would be going to this convention, and told him that i was away the friday and monday.

I work voluntary for a charity, so can take time off as long as they are given notice some time a head to get me cover.

You never know when you may need a 1969 costume! Honest, i had one from another party i went to ages ago and never thought i'd use it again!

oh was 7.4 at the hilton? what rooms were they?

Yes, it was.

You mean the rooms where the convention will take place, right?

I've had someone asking about con rooms and he meant where in the hotel the allocated rooms for attendees were, so I better ask before I reply wrong again. :WINCE:

oh was 7.4 at the hilton? what rooms were they?

Yes, it was.

You mean the rooms where the convention will take place, right?

I've had someone asking about con rooms and he meant where in the hotel the allocated rooms for attendees were, so I better ask before I reply wrong again. :dance:

yer the location of the actual con within the hotel

If I recall correctly that's the business center, or at least part of it. From the main entrance you just turned right after you had passed reception and kept walking. Dealers room was right next to the main hall, the photoshoot room the first room a little down on the way back to the reception area.

I think the main room was called Buckingham Suite or something, but I am not really sure. The registration crew can point the way for you, and also there was a nice electronic billboard courtesy of the hotel which gave what rooms were used by the event.

If I recall correctly that's the business center, or at least part of it. From the main entrance you just turned right after you had passed reception and kept walking. Dealers room was right next to the main hall, the photoshoot room the first room a little down on the way back to the reception area.

I think the main room was called Buckingham Suite or something, but I am not really sure. The registration crew can point the way for you, and also there was a nice electronic billboard courtesy of the hotel which gave what rooms were used by the event.

Just to add to the confusion The Hub 3 was in a different area from that :dance:

You may, or may not, recall that if you left the main hall/dealers room you could would right to the photoshoot and reception. You could also go straight head head through some doors into another corridor. This leads to another set of rooms eventually. You could also get to it via the main entrance by going right down the corridor that was just before reception. The actual talk hall here seemed a lot larger then the one used at Chevron, so it may be that one that is used.

thanks guys

was the party/s held in the main room? did it have a bar?

yes im actually considering passing through one of the party nights lol, though the pain of time quest still haunts my dreams lol. i might have 1 drink at chev. we will see.

I remember at the Hub Friday/Saturday partys being in the large room talks were in and the Sunday in a smaller room.

I still have no clue what to wear for RDA party. Doctor and Nurses would have been so easier lol

Well he was in General Hospital as a Doctor many moons ago (according to IMDB) so sorted!

I remember at the Hub Friday/Saturday partys being in the large room talks were in and the Sunday in a smaller room.

I still have no clue what to wear for RDA party. Doctor and Nurses would have been so easier lol

Well he was in General Hospital as a Doctor many moons ago (according to IMDB) so sorted!

lol oh I heuss I always have my blues as a back up outfit then:) It's going to be somthing I can do the Bungee run in. Last time I did that in a corset:)

Need a bit of help. I might actully get dressed up for some of the parties. Having a real problem with te egyption theme. Dont fancy paying through the noise to hire a costume. Cannot seem to find anything. Any ideas would be greatly apreciated:)

Sorry about the spelling. I cannot spell. :huh:

Hm, if you do some googling for 'Ancient Egypt' you might find some inspiration there. Thrift stores are good for anything cheap you need.

Saying that, I'm not dressed to the themes as such but I am dressing as Eli Wallace on the Friday night so I guess that counts as Stargate :huh:

Edited by malty

i've been looking in all the charity shops and saw a gold and red dress and was going to get it it had gone the next day. cannot seem to find another one anywhere.

maybe i should get a white sheet a brown belt and learn how to sow in a week. :huh: