Signing posters

thepurplehoodedwarrior

well im not much of an autograph collector but Ive started a biggish doctor who poster (the van gogth exploading tardis, for docs and companions to sign)

Ive also got medium star wars posters of all the star wars movies ive been considering to start for some time now (off qvc a few years ago, more prints than posters) but the cost has put me off, though I might get them if hamil or fisher ever come. ive been umming and arring about prowse and baker for about 6 shows now. still not sure. its the cost that puts me off,

carrying a poster round is a pain though, give me a photo shoot any day ;-)

I think most of mine are a standard 20 x 30 inches - still looking for decent frames for them though!!

Always love getting posters signed - especially if you manage to get a few of the cast on 'em - they really look fantastic.

Im hoping to get to vegas this year, and im considering a trek movie poster. considering mind, not sure i want to lug it to and from the states lol or pay the cost of all the autos, but its in my mind

I've never been that into getting posters signed myself, I don't see the point since I have nowhere to put them, lol! I#m more into getting dvds and books signed (appart from 8x10s obviously). I'm getting Star Trek and Star Ward dvds signed at the moment. I have a Red Dward one with the entire cast on which I'm proud of too!

I have a few 11 x 17 posters, though mostly unsigned. Only issue is you really need to keep them flat at that size, but they carry in cardboard quite well. (Though my 4400 poster is looking a little worn around the edges from the cons it's been carted off to).

Also got one 27 x 40 but finding somewhere to put that is a problem. You can buy frames for the smaller ones (if you're a frame person. I'm more of a blu tac it to the door kind)

I've got a star wars one which I've been carting around for about 10 years now! - when at home it lives in a frame but always tube it when going to events. It has torn at the top at some point (straight through BDW's sig) but abit of tape solved the problem.

Can be a pain to lug around on the underground etc though.

I have 11x17 prints of each of the four Alien movies, signed by a total of 16 speaking characters as well as a few UK quads (standard 30x40) signed by different people, but most of mine are HMV / Forbidden Planet reprint types, which are again a standard size. It depends how many people from the film / programme / franchise you think you are likely to meet (ie how much signing space you will need).

For example I have always regretted getting avery brooks to sign a huge US one sheet for his movie Fifteen Minutes. I have so many other signed posters, it's always going to loose the fight for wall space. A huge poster with only one sig is pretty pointless unless you are a MASSIVE fan of the actor or the project.

Australian daybills are a good size for multi-sigs, and very easy to transport !!