Anyone else NOT staying at the Hilton?

Sci-fi Jules

I did try and get a room using the booking code, but it was too late and at the normal rate it was too freaking expensive for me. The Premiere Inn nearby was sold out too, so I had to go for a hotel (called the nitenite Hotel) in Birmingham city centre, near the railway station. There are trains out to the NEC like every 10 minutes, but it means I'll miss out on the Hilton breakfast and I'll have to get up really early if I want to register at 9am on the Saturday/Sunday :YAHOO:

Post in here if you're like me and haven't been able to get a room at the Hilton!

I'm coming down to B'ham the day before, so I'll definately be registering on the Friday :D Lol, that's good that I only have to do it the once :) It might mean I'm later getting my photo ops but I need to have something to eat in the morning before I leave the hotel...

Hi Julia,

Apologies if you know this already, but just in case its your first con..........

When you register, you will get a schedule anyway, so keep an eye on times as the guests will have certain times slots for their photoshoots rather than the whole morning. Photoshoots and auto sessions tend to be in the mornings with talks in the afternoons.

Again, apologies if you already knew that, just didnt want you to miss out on anything.

Hi Julia,

Apologies if you know this already, but just in case its your first con..........

When you register, you will get a schedule anyway, so keep an eye on times as the guests will have certain times slots for their photoshoots rather than the whole morning. Photoshoots and auto sessions tend to be in the mornings with talks in the afternoons.

Again, apologies if you already knew that, just didnt want you to miss out on anything.

Thanks for that, I've read the FAQ on the main page but there's a lot to take in so I need these reminders :)

At night, I thought I'd take a taxi from the Hilton back to the hotel I'm in...I heard that the Hilton has its own minicab service which is handy :)

Edited by Sci-fi Jules

No problem, glad I didnt offend :D

Its just, if you have six guests, they will usually do their photo shoots one after the other rather than all morning, and be signing the rest of the time during the morning, so I didnt want you to miss anything

I have put a link to the schedule for ET4 below, just to give you (or anyone else) an idea

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=63335

(Although we had authors last time, and they are the ones with the talks in the morning)

Edited by Rhianydd

The schedule usually goes up the week of the con, sometimes the week before. Sometimes there are some last minute changes, like at ET4, which means Too Tall will have to alter them. You get a copy in your reg packs when you register anyway.

EDIT: Double post with Rhi. Sorry Rhi x :YAHOO:

Edited by Beechy

I, just this second, cancelled a twin room booked for the friday & saturday night at the Hilton on the Con rate. Not sure whether it will become available straight away but you could keep checking for when it becomes available if you really don't want to stay at a different hotel :)

I, just this second, cancelled a twin room booked for the friday & saturday night at the Hilton on the Con rate. Not sure whether it will become available straight away but you could keep checking for when it becomes available if you really don't want to stay at a different hotel :)

It's ok, the Hilton was still a bit too expensive even with the con rate...I didn't want to travel back home on the Sunday anyway (I'm going back on Monday) and it's too late to cancel the other one. Thanks anyway :)

It's ok, the Hilton was still a bit too expensive even with the con rate...I didn't want to travel back home on the Sunday anyway (I'm going back on Monday) and it's too late to cancel the other one. Thanks anyway :)

if you're travling from brum town center each day (thats the impression im getting from what you've said on facebook) then it might actually still be cheaper to look into a hilton room at con rate especially if you're getting a taxi back each night, that's £20 a night and the train there in the morning would be probably about £3-4 so yeah i dont know how much cheaper the room you have now is though... just it might be a good idea to take into account the travel costs :)

if you're travling from brum town center each day (thats the impression im getting from what you've said on facebook) then it might actually still be cheaper to look into a hilton room at con rate especially if you're getting a taxi back each night, that's £20 a night and the train there in the morning would be probably about £3-4 so yeah i dont know how much cheaper the room you have now is though... just it might be a good idea to take into account the travel costs :)

Yeah my sister and I made that mistake way back last february at ET3. Taxis late at night to the town centre cost us £25 each night! :D

I'm just gonna take a taxi back to my hotel from the Hilton at night...it's too late to cancel my room now (you have to give two week's notice) so that's that. I have enough money though so I'm not that bothered...it's not that often I'm at something like this! :D;)

Next time, I'll make sure I have even more money in my account to pay for staying at the Hilton, but this was kind of an impulse thing, me going to ET5. I'll be more prepared next time and will book a room there early ;)

Edited by Sci-fi Jules